Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roger that Regs

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FIFA to consider earpieces for players
Canadian Press

1/20/2004

LONDON (AP) - Quarterbacks wear them in the NFL. Now soccer players may be given the OK to wear earpieces to communicate with coaches on the sidelines.

FIFA, the governing body of world soccer, said Tuesday such a proposal will likely be on the agenda when the game's rule-making body - the International Football Association - meets on Feb. 28 in London.

``Obviously one issue here would be safety,'' FIFA spokesman Nicolas Maingot said. ``The rule states that any equipment worn by a player must be safe, not only for the player himself, but for the other players.''

``There is no reference in the rules to this (earpieces) because it is completely new.''

The issue surfaced in the last few days after Jan Moons, a goalkeeper for the Belgian side Genk, wore an earpiece in Friday's 1-0 victory over Club Brugge.

Belgian national team coach Aime Antheunis has expressed interest in using the device, and Belgian Football Association president Jan Peeters said it ``was bound to happen sooner or later.''

``You can see it in many other sports, although I am not convinced of the use of it in football,'' Peeters added.

A spokesman for UEFA, the governing body of European soccer, said the federation would ``take guidance'' from FIFA on the issue.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shouldn't this thread be titled "Roger that KNVB"? He's the one that has all the threads named after him :D

I'll wear an earpiece the day women players wear volleyball bottoms instead of shorts :rolleyes: WTF is up with FIFA these days?

~KNVB.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome to the club Regs

Regs implemented this for all the Moderators months ago. Fastshow loves his new shorts. Me, I find them a bit binding.

This is just a stupid idea. It's bad enough having the piss taken out of me on the park never mind having the coach in my ear doing it too.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0