Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ricky Williams signs for the Argonauts

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argos sign suspended NFL player Ricky Williams
CTV.ca News Staff

The Toronto Argonauts announced Sunday they have signed suspended Miami Dolphins player Ricky Williams, in a deal that could make him the league's highest-paid running back.

"It gives me great pleasure to announce that the newest Toronto Argonaut is number 27, Ricky Williams," Argos president Keith Pelley told a news conference Sunday afternoon.

Williams, 29, will reportedly earn between $240,000 and $250,000.

The NFL suspended Williams for the entire 2006 season after he failed a fourth drug test. In 2005, after failing a previous drug test, Williams missed Miami's first four games.

In 2002 and 2003, he tested positive for marijuana.

Pelley said he believed Williams is now drug-free, and will be a great asset to Toronto.

Good signing. Williams seems like a cool cat. Really, he should have signed for the Lions though. The west coast lifestyle seems a bit more his, er, style.

Ricky, ring me up when you're in town. We'll go smoke some green, play some bongos and watch some dreadlocked hippie chicks fire spin.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All i have to say is the PA guy at BC Place better play some Cypress Hill's Hits from the Bong when the Argos and
Ricky come to town.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
McRae mentioned this morning that Williams joked upon reaching the Skydome: "Nice joint."

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0