Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Richmond Regional Soccer League 2015

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The RRSL is back with 2 divisions of play in 2015 and kicked off last week.

In Div 2 action, last year's winners All-Blacks gutted out a 1-1 draw with Rino's after going down to 10 men late in the first half, while Graduates found things much easier playing in the lower division as they won 6-0. Bombastic also got off to a good start with a 5-0 win.

In Div 1 action, last year's golden boot winner, Omari Aldridge, got off to a fast start as he bulged the Richmond net 4 times, pacing Binger's to a 4-2 victory! The other match featured Blaze & Tigers. I haven't heard the result of that one yet.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, new Div 1 entry Tanoa showed up on Thursday with some big names in Robbie Giezen and Milad Rahmati, but were still overpowered by Binger's Army by a 4-0 score. Golden Boot leader Aldridge, added another tally to take him to 5. In the other Thursday night match FC Tigers knocked off Richmond 3-0. Binger's and Tigers look to be the early title challengers, but I'm sure Blaze will claw their way back in as well.

In Div 2, things are a bit tighter as no match resulted in anything larger than a 2 goal margin of victory. Graduates, All Blacks, Rino's and Bombastic are all tied on 4 pts. South Delta FC look like they could be in for a long summer as they have a -8 goal differential after 2 matches.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interested to hear how the Tanoa vs blaze game went as the Tanoa team will be very dangerous once they play together a few teams.

uniballer

Sep 16, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interested to hear how the Tanoa vs blaze game went as the Tanoa team will be very dangerous once they play together a few teams.
4-4 big gk. Fun match. Both teams could have secured the full points but fair result as is. High pace, clean match. Should be a fun season once again.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another big win for Binger's last night, as they trailed 1-0 until the dying minutes when all that toking caught up to the Blaze who's lungs couldn't inhale oxygen quick enough to keep up with the speedy Omari Aldrige. 2 late goals help separate the young veteran from the pack in the golden boot race, and a goal from his Caribbean cousin made it 3 times lucky for the Army.

Down in Div 2 the All Blacks express keeps chugging along, as they posted a 5-0 win over RASA winter rivals Graduates FC. Rino's KO'd Bombastic 4-1 despite playing with 10 men for the majority of the match, and South Delta put up their first W of the summer over the lowly Jugadores, who are suffering from a post-provincial hangover.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any updates from Thursdays action? The multicultural match up Tanoa vs tigers was intriguing along with the strong rivalry of club I vs the blaze.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-2 tigers come back victory after being down 2-0.

Expect some delays in standings updates as the webmaster is busy costuming it up (and coaching) at the girls high school provincials

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are we talking BC High School or some where in the Middle East and travel is by boat?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the current missing scores are due to referees not reporting in a timely fashion.

The missing Div 1 game had Binger's 3-1 Richmond, which means the Army stretch their lead to 6 points at the top of the table.

In Div 2 last week, Rino's 2-0 EPFC. I don't know the scores from the last two Bombastic matches.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I'll stop faking interest in this thread / league.

Seems to be a popular decision.

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I'll stop faking interest in this thread / league.

Seems to be a popular decision.
The RRSL doesn't get enough credit it's an awesome Tuesday or Thursday tradition that has been running for 35 plus years. As soon as people realize they want to enjoy their weekends in the summer and stop playing in the weekend leagues the rrsl will make a strong comeback in qty of teams. As for quality there has been no drop and I would say it's one of the premier leagues in the province in the summer

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The RRSL doesn't get enough credit it's an awesome Tuesday or Thursday tradition that has been running for 35 plus years. As soon as people realize they want to enjoy their weekends in the summer and stop playing in the weekend leagues the rrsl will make a strong comeback in qty of teams. As for quality there has been no drop and I would say it's one of the premier leagues in the province in the summer
So I should continue to fake interest is what you're saying?

What about everyone else including those actually running the league who can't be arsed to get scores posted consistently?

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see on the discipline page of the league website that Mr.Rahmati has an 'indefinite' suspension. What in the heck did he do??!?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0