Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Reserve, Div 1, through 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC Royals vs. LUFC "B" / Storm vs. LUFC "A"

Another bloddy tie for the Royals. A fun game to play in though. Langley took the lead in the 1st half off a goalmouth scramble, but the play was fairly even, with about equal possession and opportunities.

The 2nd half was mostly in the Royal's favor, with Rick Valley scorring on a good, hard, high shot from about 30 yards out. Rick received the ball with his back to the net, turned with one touch and didn't hesitate to fire with the next. Five minutes earlier, he had hit the post on a header which he also went high with because the keeper was well off his line. I guess Ricky remembered that the keeper would be off his line, because I don't even think he took critical aim. We were all over them, but couldn't finish a couple of chances so the score ended as a tie. The ref didn't help in calling a couple of great run-throughs late in the game as offsides, when they very clearly weren't. I'm dissapointed he made those calls, but what can you do without linesmen? He was actually a half decent ref.

Good to see the SC Storm lay a thumping on the LUFC "A" squad. The early going was close, if not in Langley's favor, but the Storm weathered the early going, then did well to turn the momentum by scorring a couple of nice goals. It was 3-1 by the half, 4-1 final. The Storm are very quietly putting together a stellar season. Don't worry Train...that's all I'll say on that topic! BTW: who scored the last goal for you guys? I know Sandros had 2, and Andrew had one...

Dude.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky Dude

Dude: do you know what place you'd be in if you converted those ties to wins?
They're killing ya Baby.

Oh well, at least someone in the club picked up points on the weekend.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ties

Ranger: no kidding! The ties aren't killing us right now, but they're not helping either. The one that is killing us is that loss to H&L when we shat the bed. I have faith that we'll get ourselves within striking distance. We still have half our games to play, so really, anything can happen. We're playing the top two teams over the next 2 weeks- top 3 over the next 4 weeks. If we get the same effort as we did on the weekend, we'll win those games.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Division 1

What is going on in Division 1 this year?

Not to be disrespectful to anyone, but I would have thought the Delta Lions and SC Storm would be the teams to beat with one of the Langley teams also.

I know the Storm have had a trying year, but I still do rate them if they have their full plethora.

The Lions are a great young team but appear to be shitting the bed in a big way.

With respect to the Langley teams, who are they?
I keep forgetting who's who.
It seems Langley has tons of talent but can't get along enough to create one solid club.
Demo? Comments?

Also, Centro Americano United - Is this not just the Surrey Eagles with a different name?
They've never been as strong as their standings show.
Have they added new players or is this the state of this division?

No postings on this side of the FVSL.
What the fcuk's going on lads?
Who will take the President's this year?
We all know who's winning the Pakenham this year.:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm

Ranger,

If you look closely at the Storm's standings, they're actually looking pretty good. I think they've worked through a lot of that earlier diversity. They'll finish top 2. In fact, a lot of them were wondering why you guys cancelled an exhibition last week...:D

I'm predicting Poco Dominion and LUFC "A" will be unstoppable in their runs to the Pak & President's Cups, respectively. Nobody will score against them, and they'll both average 3-4 goals for / game. Damn, now that I've gone and predicted this, I hope I don't jinx them.:eek:

Dude- who'sgoneandjinxeddominionandlufca

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude where's my brain?

Thanks for the support on the Pak call. Dink.

Hey, we never bailed on the Storm for a match did we?
I thought we bailed on the Premier team.

Probably because your's truly wasn't here last week as I was gambling the team's beer fund in Vegas.
Plus, putting big money on the Rangers to win the Pak.
(Unlike you asshole)
They wouldn't want to play anyone without their fearless leader around.

What about any Div. 2 teams?
Will they be giving the President's a go?
I think only two teams from Div. 1 are going in the Pakenham this year.
Us and POCO.
Any others?

You are right on the Storm, they have some games in hand actually when I check the standings.

Who is LUFC?
Is that the team with big Joe and Kenny Wilson?
Any of the old Fort Langley guys on that team?

RangerwhoknowsDudereallythinksRangersandStormwilltakehomehardwareagainthisyear.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relax Dad....

Hey, you know where my heart is, but I'm taking my stupid superstitious beleifs to a whole new level this year. So, that said, I'm hereby publicly cheering for Poco Dominion and LUFC "A". Don't tell Mom about my public allegiances, and I won't tell her about the Chicken Ranch.

I do know about one Div. 2 team that is going to be taking the Presiden'ts Cup a lot more seriously than in year's past...and would love a shot at the Storm! Should it ever happen, you'll be my bitch Motorhome!

That's right, Premier is who you bailed against. Very sneaky in getting out of answering that question.

Dude- can'tpubliclycheerfortheroyals,rangers,orstorminthecups.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LANGLEY

RANGER

Yes LUFC is the team with big Joe and Wilson on it, and to tell you the honest truth I really don't know what is going on with them right now.
I do believe at practice there isn going to be hell to pay but I think it is deserving.
I will say that once we get our shite together (hopefully before the cup run) that we will be a team that will once again be tough to play against. (as long as the league doesn't give us anymore crap for all our card problems, and lets us finish the season.
As for centro-americano I think it is a safe bet to say that it is the old Surrey Eagles.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DUDE

Something has got to give, I've played on two different teams now that have played against your Royals, and all 4 games have ended in ties. I guess you were just lucky that I couldn't make the game this past Sunday and just school you on the basic fundamentals of soccer.
By the way I hear you were man of the match.(is this true or are they just trying to make you feel good???)

Demowhocan'twaittogetanothershotatthedudeandputhiminhisplace

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back in the middle

Demo,

Thanks for the ego boost. Yeah, I guess I got the honor this week. Big Frank decided to end the "High Scorring Winger" experiment and put me back in the middle where I belong. I wish you would have played...I probably would have had two goals if a lazy I-tie was marking me instead of the tight job #12 and "Carl" were doing on me.

So yeah...you playing would have probably helped out our chances in our favor.:D

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, Dude, Dude

Don't you mean that you would have easily been beaten by yours truly for two or maybe even three of his own. C'mon now fess up.

BTW: What's with big Frank coaching you guys this year??

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coaching

Well, we needed a coach. Our last coach left the team at the end of the 1999 / 2000 season. Most of the players had tunned him out, and he was dissapointed w/ the lack of dedication. To keep the team together, Pat & I ran it last year; me manager, Pat coach. Our turn-outs for training were even worse, to basically non-existant. I resorted to training w/ the Storm for the second half of last season. This year we made some pretty significant changes to bring in dedicated players, and Frank agreed to coach. He's a very good coach too...the players respect him because he is not only a good player, but has the right certification. It is way better having a non-playing coach on the line as well.

Train

Oct 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

Dude, The other goal scorer on the weekend was not me it was Nick (Sandro's brother). I had my chances, and I am sure if you didn't hear about my breakaway last night, you'll hear about it tomorrow at practice. And as for "making Motorbike your bitxh", well I think he'd probably put you over his knee and give you a good spanking. :D

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Division 1

Originally posted by Rangerforever
Who will take the President's this year?
We all know who's winning the Pakenham this year.:D

What happens @ cup time, does all cat team automatically get put into the Pak or do they get to chose? or Is only one club team allowed to enter?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One choice

Skytrain,

The way I understand it, every team in the league (Prem- Div4) has the option of playing in the Pak, but by doing so forfeit their chance at playing in the President's Cup. One or the other. Premier teams are excluded from playing in the President's Cup.

I disagree with Reserve teams being allowed to play in any Cup, more because it undermines the whole notion of "Reserve". Of course, you've probably read some of my rants earlier in this thread.

Yours in FVSL's ever changing policy,

Dude.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kitty Cat teams in cups

Meow.
Fcuk off, this is a Div. 1 thread, no premier pricks allowed.

My sources tell me the Cat teams get to choose which cup they want to go in and both the Premier team and Cat team can enter the Pak.
Basically I think it's the same as before.
If you're Div.1 or lower, you will be put in the Presidents unless you declare your side is going in the Pakenham.
I'm pretty sure you have to decide which team though and be cup-tied to that team unlike the league set up.

Us, being the studs of the FVSL, wouldn't have gone in the Cat division otherwise if there was a problem.;)

Not to offend anyone else out there, but apparently the league views the Cat as the top division (true or not) other than premier and we were told all of this when the new format was created to ensure we weren't fcuking ourselves. (like Saturday)

I could be wrong but................

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough, but...

I'm getting tired of standing up here on my soapbox!

I think when they re-aligned everything, they originally saw that most of the higher-level Div. 1 teams were to be placed in the Reserves, and said "this will be a higher division". My whole point is that, to do this thing right, it shouldn't be treated it as a division at all...just as "Reserves". To be fair, most clubs will use it as a Reserve league anyhow...to shuttle players in and out of. One could probably argue that most of the Div 1 teams would compete quite well with most of the Cat teams. In fact, I think by next year, the 1st will be a clear level higher. That said, I think yours would be the best of the bunch Dad!;)

The divisional alignment should basically be as it has been, to allow some teams to have some independence, or even operate independently from a club. Should that team earn promotion to Premier (as LUFC "A" looks to be), the league should mandate that it place a team in the Reserve league, for player development purposes. The Reserves should basically be an extension of the Club's Premier team. Nothing more, nothing less.

Dude

Waiver: the above represents the opinion of Dude-Where'smycar? on FVSL policy and procedure. The above does not represent the opinion of Dude-Where'smycar? with regards to issues relating to the SC Rangers. Questions, comments, or snide remarks can be directed to the writer.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okey Dokey Sudsey

You have good points whipper snapper.
I thought it was mandatory for a premier team to also field a Cat team.
Hence, the problem for Aldergrove having one team basically play in two divisions.
But, GN doesn't have a reserve team.
Again, FVSL discrepencies.
Why does Aldergrove struggle and GN doesn't have to?
It's not right.

Your theory is great, but the problem is that you will find it tough for a reserve team to bring guys out when they know they won't see the pitch in a Pakenham game.
Those reserve guys want to compete in a cup too.

I love the reserve format, you give guys a chance to go in the show and conversely give guys a chance to work on their game in the reserves. It's very professional.
Or, as I think you've suggested, create a reserve cup.
But, I don't think that's as exciting as a President's cup draw.
But if everyone's in agreement, WTF.
Man I gotta get some work done, this shite is addictive.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Solution

You're right about this being addictive...I haven't gotten any work done since June.

Solution is this: the VMSL and the FVSL have, for years, been discussing possibilities in merging the leagues. They should simply pool the Reserve leagues into one reserve cup. We'll call it The DWMC Reserve Cup (patent pending). This way, they Clubs can compete for bragging rights, and the players can still cup tie themselves to the club teams for other cups, like the Imperial, Pak, or President's.

Fcuk...I'm such a genius I even amaze myself...:cool:

Motorhome: you won't be allowed to compete in the DWMC Reserve Cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0