Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finals????

What finals??

You win your group you go up. there is no playoff to see who goes up.

The only way the Delta boys don't go up is if they choke under pressure, which i can't see happening. 2 points back but 2 games in hand and both games against the hussicanes already played.

profutbola

Sep 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
fc blaze gets promoted. with the squad they have lined up, nothing should stop them... back like is solid, center of the park is reasonable, up front is jus exceptional

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
profutbola said:
fc blaze gets promoted. with the squad they have lined up, nothing should stop them... back like is solid, center of the park is reasonable, up front is jus exceptional
Oh ya profutbola...isn't this the team you told me if they only had quality between the pipes they would be unreal?

profutbola

Sep 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh yea girth, when did i ever say they needed quality between the pipes... all round they are a good team from keeper to strickers

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuk me. You wearing kneepads when you wrote that.

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having played both teams. They both have defensive issues.
Both teams let in 3 goals in 30 minutes against wickham. Punjab were lucky a 2 yarder was missed by me personally. :eek:
I think City F.C will do better in premier. They are more solid and have more size.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The real question is if one of these teams do go up are they going to be able to compete or just make the premier division more watered down than it already is? Take the Olympics for example, 4 points in 14 games.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a neutral, the Delta United Blaze team moves the ball and moves off the ball better than any division one team I've seen this season. This is no disrepect to some of the other top teams who are good but they know when to get the ball forward at the right times and always have supporting options....

filini

Aug 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice said:
The real question is if one of these teams do go up are they going to be able to compete or just make the premier division more watered down than it already is? Take the Olympics for example, 4 points in 14 games.

You cant compare these 2 teams to the Olympics.
The Olympics only got promoted because we beat West Side in the last game last season.

Both teams have lots of quality to compete. I would say the Punjabs are at the same level as Sikh Temple.
And city F.C is probably at AFC s level.

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Olympics were only promoted because Wickham beat Westside? Is that a joke? You could make that argument about any team that goes up or down, i.e. Temple was only promoted because Peg beat Lobbans. The fact is both teams played the same number of games against the same teams and Olympics deservedly went through because they had more points. Period.

City FC the same quality as AFC! Not sure about that one. That's 1 YBK versus 11 YBK's. :p

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
filini said:
Both teams have lots of quality to compete. I would say the Punjabs are at the same level as Sikh Temple.
And city F.C is probably at AFC s level.

I watched the match between the 2 earlier this year at Pt Grey and thought for sure it was a couple of pro teams playing ;)...why stop at Sikh and AFC?

City FC is a solid side.....I'd put Punjab in 4th on the other side of Div. 1.

The whole 1B division is like a shifty pintero from the Ivanhoe:
Watered down shite ;)

(yes i do know this firsthand...)

Stupdkid

Oct 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would love to see some cross over matches between the top teams in 1a and 1b to see what side iws better. Anyone from Punjab or city interested then lets set up an exhibition.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Filini,

Give your head a shake!

IMO as far as crossover games go, City FC Blaze would take the piss out of Peg no doubt. However Punjab would struggle against Peg, aswell as Westside. As far as Club I goes, who the hell knows, lord knows we're a bunch of pylons, right Nothcer?

Stupdkid

Oct 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I champ

Are you on drugs? I had respect for you untill your last post. IMO Peg, Club I and Westside would all spank City FC. I have more respect for Punjab and I am still looking for an exhibition anytime. YBK you know my number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0