Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pro Soccer in Edmonton

Virtually Canadian

Mar 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
As many have heard on Soccer Central this past week, they announced that a team maybe coming to Edmonton... if so why the hell would you announce this before the owners do?

All this will do is put pressure on any prospective owners to do a press conference sooner than they wish or are ready for.

If all is true and edmonton will field a pro team in 2004 this does not make the owners look good to anyone in the soccer community let alone the fans.

Dumb Soccer Central and whomever released it to them :mad: .... I think they should have thought about it some more because now all the fans are yakking about it and everyone seems to know... Edmonton Media is next I suppose.... why not keep it quiet till the owners release it themselves? why make the next pro team be gobbled up by the media and look bad in the City? I think we have done that enough times already....... Pro soccer is not looking so swell with Calgary's record, attendance and team, Vancouver almost loosing there franchise and Toronto having a horrible time at the gates.... how much longer will pro soccer survive in this Country?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VC,

Is this an A-League franchise? What was said on Soccer Central?

Cheers,

~Regs.

Virtually Canadian

Mar 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A-League

Yup A-League.

Gerry Dobson on Soccer Central said that Edmonton Will be fielding an A-league squad in 2004. The reason it was said apparently is because of Calgary. They think that the rivalry will help out Calgary's pro team that is doing so horrible right now.

If this is all true I myself and all of SFE United should be in contact with the owners next as we have there golden list of 3,000+ season ticket pledges. :D

I have been in contact with the CEO of the A-league whom said that things are looking good. Hopefully so.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They think that the rivalry will help out Calgary's pro team that is doing so horrible right now.
So basically, the one team using the best that Alberta can offer is shite and the solution is to split the talent pool to make 2 shite teams? Seems about on par with the way things are done in this country soccer-wise :rolleyes: :D

~Regs.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bums on seats.........

Former England midfielder Paul Gascoigne is not on the wanted list of German second division club St Pauli, according to vice-president Stephan Beutel.

St Pauli are the latest in a long line of foreign clubs to be linked with the 35-year-old, with reports today claiming a move to the Hamburg-based club was on the cards.

But Beutel, who is also the club's general manager, said: "I don't know where the rumours came from, there's absolutely no truth to it.

"We have no interest in him at all. We didn't talk to him or his agent. I can definitely rule out a transfer."

Gascoigne, who was released by Burnley in the summer, has so far failed to secure a contract in the United States, New Zealand or China.

How old does the poor bastard look? He's only two years older than Jonsey for fcuk's sake. ;) Should the new as-yet-unannounced Edmonton APSL franchise make a bid for the once-great England half-back? I'd pay to watch him, even if it was for a depressingly sideshowesque shadow of his former genius. And even if it meant having to go to Edmonton for the 'pleasure'.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it's bums in seats they are looking for then a announcement of the signing of KAra LAng can't be too far off... Edmontonians like her apparently :D

~Regs.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0