Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 3 -1 over SFC..

Nice result, this fixture should've been drawn a lot later on rather than round 2.....

1st 2 rounds shouldn't be allowed to draw teams from the same div, just to allow for more upsets and cross over matchups...

Good luck to everyone advancing. I think it's safe to say that it's dynamos cup to lose.... Don't disappoint sub....

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good luck to everyone advancing. I think it's safe to say that it's dynamos cup to lose.... Don't disappoint sub....
I don't know much about the teams who are left but I can say the Red Devils shouldn't be taken lightly. There is at least 9 guys they have registered that were a part of their prem team last year.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice result, this fixture should've been drawn a lot later on rather than round 2.....

1st 2 rounds shouldn't be allowed to draw teams from the same div, just to allow for more upsets and cross over matchups...

Indeed good luck to everyone! But that said, seeding teams is a terrible idea. Losing in round 1, 2, or the semi-finals makes no difference. You either win the games or you don't. Doesn't matter in which round you get a "more difficult" draw.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco Euro-Rite FC Flames 4A Aldergrove Utd Red Devils B 2
2 Westcoast FC Black Knights 2 Westcoast FC United 4A MOTW
3 Abbots Magnuson Ford Athletic 3B Westcoast FC Celtic 2
4 Chilliwack FC Rapids B 3B Poco FC Rockets 3A
5 TWU Titans 2 Westcoast FC Strikers 3A
6 North Coquitlam Knights 4A Langley Utd Dynamo 2
7 Westcoast FC Razorbacks 2 WRU Vault FC 3B
8 PMO Lordco Gunners IL 3A Langley Utd Sparta 2

Knights Size vs the Speed of Wescoast United, lots of the call ups for the razorbacks come from these guys and they're a very strong team, much better than div 4 calibre. should be a cracker at SRT Friday night

mjy9

Sep 9, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Should be a cracker next week. Looking forward to some stiffer competition. Will be a good test for us to see how we match up against a top end Div. 2 squad. Best of luck to you

Did you play on Sat? Missed the game due to work, obviously heard about it from our end.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco Euro-Rite FC Flames 4A Aldergrove Utd Red Devils B 2
2 Westcoast FC Black Knights 2 Westcoast FC United 4A MOTW
3 Abbots Magnuson Ford Athletic 3B Westcoast FC Celtic 2
4 Chilliwack FC Rapids B 3B Poco FC Rockets 3A
5 TWU Titans 2 Westcoast FC Strikers 3A
6 North Coquitlam Knights 4A Langley Utd Dynamo 2
7 Westcoast FC Razorbacks 2 WRU Vault FC 3B
8 PMO Lordco Gunners IL 3A Langley Utd Sparta 2

Knights Size vs the Speed of Wescoast United, lots of the call ups for the razorbacks come from these guys and they're a very strong team, much better than div 4 calibre. should be a cracker at SRT Friday night

Not predicting any upsets eh Cascade?! Theres bound to be at least 1 upset no??

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moody Gunners are a solid squad and could give Sparta a run, but I give the edge to Sparta.
Same with The Knights vs United. United are a very strong team, but the Knights have been getting their squad out and when they get them its no easy task with a big team that has skill. Apart from that I don't really see any other teams over taking a higher opponent. I don't count our game because I never predict our own games, this second half of the year we just hope we get 11 with all the injuries we've had, its been a rough go, pun intended.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moody Gunners are a solid squad and could give Sparta a run, but I give the edge to Sparta.
Same with The Knights vs United. United are a very strong team, but the Knights have been getting their squad out and when they get them its no easy task with a big team that has skill. Apart from that I don't really see any other teams over taking a higher opponent. I don't count our game because I never predict our own games, this second half of the year we just hope we get 11 with all the injuries we've had, its been a rough go, pun intended.

Moody were lucky to come out of Bradner with a PK win. We dominated the 2nd 1/2, they'll get rolled by Sparta!!

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just watched the knights vs wc united game. Good game ending 2-2 with united winning on pk's. They're a good young side with a couple of players who made our prem team but decided to play down with friends. They could go onto win this cup like Pomo blues did a couple years back when they were in div 4.

mjy9

Sep 9, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard from a friend who plays for poco.. a crazy outing in the Wack.. PoCo Rockets 1 - 1 Chiliwack Rapids B abandoned 70th min.. Chilliwack with a straight red for punching a poco player in the face, then another Chilliwack player on the sideline threatened the ref so he abandoned the game..

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard from a friend who plays for poco.. a crazy outing in the Wack.. PoCo Rockets 1 - 1 Chiliwack Rapids B abandoned 70th min.. Chilliwack with a straight red for punching a poco player in the face, then another Chilliwack player on the sideline threatened the ref so he abandoned the game..

"Crazy" sums up the game, yes. Your friend left out a few of the salient details, unfortunately.

ZidaneFan

Oct 2, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo 2-0 over North Coq Knights.. good side that was skilled.
Sparta 2-0 over PM. They are a great team, should do well in div 2 next year.
Sub, You guys have all the div 2 teams on your side of the table. We have to get by Weatcoast, who sound like us 2 years ago. Hopefully it's a Langley Derby final....

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sparta 2-0 over PM. They are a great team, should do well in div 2 next year.
Sub, You guys have all the div 2 teams on your side of the table. We have to get by Weatcoast, who sound like us 2 years ago. Hopefully it's a Langley Derby final....

Yeah...maybe..but still a long road ahead!

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
For one it was as cold as S*it which made things difficult, we scored on opening whistle and then again early in the 1st half. They defended well and took away the midfield, they had 3-4 players that were skilled and could hold onto the ball but they lacked the ability to attack once up the field. A little more experience and perhaps a little more size and they would be a threatening team. They are all pretty small so winning headers and 50/50 balls was easy. We had 2? other breakaways and another sitter that we should have finished.

They are better than a couple of the teams in D2.

Sub.

liverpool08

Sep 8, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said
For one it was as cold as S*it which made things difficult, we scored on opening whistle and then again early in the 1st half. They defended well and took away the midfield, they had 3-4 players that were skilled and could hold onto the ball but they lacked the ability to attack once up the field. A little more experience and perhaps a little more size and they would be a threatening team. They are all pretty small so winning headers and 50/50 balls was easy. We had 2? other breakaways and another sitter that we should have finished.

They are better than a couple of the teams in D2.

Sub.

For the record, I also watched the div 1 game between North Coquitlam and Langley after yours, and the Dynamo will do well in div 1. The pace and skill you guys play with is much better than what I saw between those 2 teams. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0