Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup Round 1 MOTW

Presidents Cup Round 1 MOTW

• Surrey Coyotes 2C versus Dewdney Celtic 2C

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Guildford Utd 2A versus White Rock Utd 2A

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • North Delta Titans 2A versus SFC Peg Rangers 2C

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Abbotsford Arsenal 2B versus LUFC Nomads 2A

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Westcoast SC 2C versus Coqu MF Ajax 2B

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Abbotsford Utd 3C versus Athletic Club BC (2B)

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans beat the SFC Unicorns 2-1. Good game all around but we came out on top. I hear grumblings we played a suspended player but its not the case. The site wasn't updated so we're good there.

SFC Pegasus is a strong team and they played well. But I guess we deserved the result and won. On to Rd. 2. Lets see if we can keep up our tradtion of 5 straight years to at least the quarters and see if we can win a 3rd cup in 7 years.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saw that the Coyotes lost to Dewdney in pk's. that one is a shocker and why hasn't there been a post by jimmy_jones or doucheface?? ouch.

Dewdney must be fresh from barely playing this season.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just saw that the Coyotes lost to Dewdney in pk's. that one is a shocker and why hasn't there been a post by jimmy_jones or doucheface?? ouch.

Dewdney must be fresh from barely playing this season.
ya its true, tonight's result hurt :(.. from an ultimate high(last week against gunners) to a sad sad low. we hit two posts which just summed up the luck we had tonight. one of them in the first 2-3 minutes which would have completely changed the game for us. oh well its cup and we're out. we played bad compared to last week. and it just goes to show that in cup anything can happen to any team on any given night. missing a couple of key guys including doucheface tonight :rolleyes:...i knew we were fcuked in pk's when at the end of the game no one wanted to shoot...on a side note, both teams dewdney and us will 100% agree the referee tonight was HORRIBLE. some bad tackles that were worthy of cards, weren't handed out. one dewdney guy stepped on the ball and fell and our defender ended up getting a yellow card somehow :confused:. his offside calls were terrible, he would call offsides when players were onside and leave the offsides when players were actually offside. goal kicks were corners and vice versa. the worst part of all was at the end of the game he didn't know how to decide the winner. there was u-18 boys team warming up because they were playing after us, the ref went and asked the boys team coach how to end a fvsl mens cup game?!?!! WTF?! when i told him it was straight pk's he said he was going to go ask someone standing on the side. then he walks back saying 2 x 15 min halves no golden goal...:confused: WTF?! then the dewdney guys tell him its straight to pk's...i guess he got a call from the league or something but he found out we had to go to pk's n we proceeded. i dont know how a referee is assigned to a game without knowing the league rules. beats me? :confused:....had the league seen a tape of this guy doing the job he did tonight, he would definitely be not be assigned any more games even for D3.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND Titans beat the SFC Unicorns 2-1. Good game all around but we came out on top. I hear grumblings we played a suspended player but its not the case. The site wasn't updated so we're good there.

SFC Pegasus is a strong team and they played well. But I guess we deserved the result and won. On to Rd. 2. Lets see if we can keep up our tradtion of 5 straight years to at least the quarters and see if we can win a 3rd cup in 7 years.
congrats on a big win against a good team. good luck rest of the way.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
2C dropping like flies :)
specially with all 2c matchups are against one another...
dewdney v coyotes
rams v knights
rd 2. gunners v stolo...thats 3 gone right there in addition to peg.
and possibly players v westcoast ............which would mean half of 2c is eliminated by divisional teams.....i said in an earlier post...i think IMHO divisional matchups shouldn't be allowed until like the 3rd round at least that way we can see teams playing teams from other divisions...but thats just my opinion i'm sure some feel the same and some disagree

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
not sure....does it really matter? its really just an argument we have on here bout which division is better. But it would be hard to make sure that no teams play each other within the same divisions. If you draw someone in your division, you should have an advantage of knowing how they play. beat them and move on to the next round and youll prob get a team not in your div. Simple really

TheMegr

Nov 7, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 3 - Arsenal 0

simply put...domination with 13 guys

more details later

Yes, very good game for the Nomads, very bad game for Us. It got a little rough towards the end, sorry for that but that's what we do when we get frustrated. Good luck the rest of the way.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, very good game for the Nomads, very bad game for Us. It got a little rough towards the end, sorry for that but that's what we do when we get frustrated. Good luck the rest of the way.

Nothing against you Nomads but this has to be an Upset.(this year anyways).
Well Done guys.
Peeking at the right time.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
specially with all 2c matchups are against one another...
dewdney v coyotes
rams v knights
rd 2. gunners v stolo...thats 3 gone right there in addition to peg.
and possibly players v westcoast ............which would mean half of 2c is eliminated by divisional teams.....i said in an earlier post...i think IMHO divisional matchups shouldn't be allowed until like the 3rd round at least that way we can see teams playing teams from other divisions...but thats just my opinion i'm sure some feel the same and some disagree

Hey Jimmy same thing happened last year and Mission won the whole thing so it doesn't matter. Best team wins divisions have nothing to do with it. I've watched Nomads this year they would be in relegation mode if they were in div 2c :eek: like us ;)

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nothing against you Nomads but this has to be an Upset.(this year anyways).
Well Done guys.
Peeking at the right time.

Upset... I went to watch this game and it was a bunch of cocks against a lot of cnuts... and well...you know who got fukced.

Abby didn't look like they even wanted to play...come to think of it...other than a well taken free kick that skipped off the crossbar, I don't think HouseArrest had to make a save in this match...Although he may tell you different. Abby looked aweful. Couldn't pass, shoot, I'm suprised they even got their boots on right. They also had to wear pinnies because of good team managing skills. I can't remember a team ever winning a soccer game that wore pinnies???
First goal of the game was scored from half that bounced three times before it went in... Jesus. Other two were on breakaways. Nomads actually looked good.
I thought Abby was supposed to be good...buyer beware...waste of fuel to watch them play.
Lots of dirty late tackles by Abby, could have gotten ugly. Good job in the middle by the ref.

Bro Code Article 62:
In the event that two Bros lock on to the same target, the Bro who calls dibs first has dibs. If both call dibs at the same time, the Bro who couts aloud to ten the fastest has dibs. If both arrive at the number ten at the same time, the Bro who bought the last round of drinks has dibs. IF they haven't purchased drinks yet, the taller of the two Bros has dibs. If they're the same height, the Bro with the longer dry spell has dibs. Should the dry spells be of equal length, a game of decreet Broshamb (aka rock paper scissors) shall determine dibs, provided the chick is still there.

Meep Meep Meep

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game for teh Phoenix they won 4-2 against the Clones. I was wrong on this one I thoguht Langley would knock the Phoenix out of the cup. But the I didn't realise the Phoenix were the home team and playing on the Turf was a big plus for the Phoenix. I don't know if the Clones still play on the postage stamp sized grass feild anymore, but I don't think turf is there thing. way to go Phoenix now onto the Heat.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you going to cry about it? We havent even played you yet this year and your team isnt far ahead of ours in the standings. We are easily a div 2 level team who can compete with most other teams.

Gotten around to paying your league fees yet? :rolleyes:

peg_rangers

Sep 25, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Good game from the Titans... good luck the rest of the way. #10 was the difference maker for you guys. Nice job by the league on keeping the site up to date:rolleyes:

SonicY

Nov 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big surprise to see the Clones get dropped by a mid-table D3 team... Clones are a team of older fellas but, they have solid movement and a good backend. Good for Phoenix though.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were is Jimmy "no show" Jones at.....

"I hate to be the Dewdney Celtic"

Two years in a row out first round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online