Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents cup 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 1-0 Titans

First half we dominated, Moody didn’t pose a threat at all, and were lucky to still be in the game.

Second half they adjusted their formation, and pressed us much harder, and were unlucky not to tie it up.

peg leg

Mar 22, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abbotsford 2- Dynamo 1 (PK's)

We get one early, about 15 minutes in, an awesome strike. We have control for the first twenty-five. They come strong for rest of half, miss two headers. 1-0 Dynamo at half

They come out strong again for the first twenty or so, get one on a cross where we thought it was out of bounds, but nevertheless a header from the far post goes in. 1-1. We get our second wind and pour it on but no luck. 1-1 at 90. Overall a very even game IMO, they really come at you hard with speed and numbers but give you a chance to counter which makes it a very wide open game

PK review: Their second shooter hits cross bar, our fourth is saved. 4-4 after round of five. Both 6 shooters score. Their 7th is saved. But our seven gets his saved. Number 8 scores for them and our eight is then saved. Twice, we had the chance to win but couldn't finish. High drama, lots of fans and they came screaming off the bench. Tough loss, PK's are always tough way to go.

Good luck to the remaining teams in the cup.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Couldn't help but notice that not a single Div 2 team lost to a team in a lower division. That shows me that Div 2 is a solid group of teams top to bottom. Good luck to all of you in your semis.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Semi final weekend.

Mission vs Red Devils
A few ex Mission Blues players from like 10 years ago when we were in div 1 on the Red Devils, and a couple ex Red Devils on our current Mission team. A few ex teammates from youth between the sides as well, so both teams understand each other’s teams threats. Both games this season have been high scoring, with both ending in our favour (3-5, 4-3) & I’m hoping we can replicate those wins to move onto Surrey or Abby next week.

Abby vs Surrey
I can’t see anything but an Abby win in this one despite what they said about not having guys on the league thread. Hard to believe that. Abby on their day play some great stuff, and have no real weak spots throughout the squad. Maybe they won’t be league champs but they have to be favourites to win the cup at this point. Surrey on the other hand must just play awfully against us cause I never understand how they beat teams.. but they keep proving me wrong so maybe once more they will. I’m sure with all the things I’ve said on here about them throughout the year they would love another crack at us next weekend if we get by the Red Devils.

Anyone besides the teams still in the competition even care to predict to results?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission 0-2 RedDevils

RedDevils beat us all over the field for 60 mins until they took a straight red from a bad decision. Already 2-0 they just sat back, and we’re very disciplined making it hard for us break down.

Best team won tonight no doubt.

Good luck RedDevils in the final

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game vs Abby clean games back n forth both missing chances our goalie came up large for us on a couple of plays and kept it in it. Last minute goal kind of sucked and stung, but thanks for the hot dogs after the game! But we will still put up a fight Tuesday since we would like to make provincials

Machoman

Mar 24, 2018
Tokens
Dirty Money
I
Good game vs Abby clean games back n forth both missing chances our goalie came up large for us on a couple of plays and kept it in it. Last minute goal kind of sucked and stung, but thanks for the hot dogs after the game! But we will still put up a fight Tuesday since we would like to make provincials
I don't know about both teams missing chances , you guys had 2 shots on net and 2 goals , we had about 30 shots on net and 3 goals , shows how shitty our team is at finishing , word of advice for red Devils : If you guys want to win just play 3 back 7 upfront ... We will likely still only score 1 goal

krisztiant

Jan 21, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had more then two shots, but that's ok you guys played a team with dead legs from the dynamo game. Kinda bullshit by the league to put a game before a cup game. I would understand league but a cup semi.... congrats on the win and goodluck in the finals

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any predictions for presidents cup final this weekend ?

Abby 2-1 RedDevils AET.

Abby go 1 down, come back late in the game. Take momentum into extra time and capitalize as the Devils tire.

Should be a good contest & congrats to the two of you for making it. Abby have for sure had the toughest route to the final. 3 games against division 2 teams, 2 of which are both with them in provincials.

All that said I hope the RD win so we can say we got beat by the champs :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0