Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premiership 2015/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
LC all the way.

Mourinho may get his chance next year to be coach of the year in the Championship division. 1 point away from relegation; 4 wins in 16 games. I honestly think I could do as well with his squad, considering I have coached 3 different women's teams, albeit many of them had never played soccer before, so perhaps I have an edge on player development.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll bet that stadium was rocking at 90 minutes today.

Saw a snap of Ranieri with a cheeky smile - He must be loving it.
The Fastshow met back up keeper Mark Schwarzer at a wedding last month and said he had great insight as to what old Claudio's doing there.
Its obviously working...

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those are VERY tempting odds. Has a team ever won the league and been relegated the next year? Apart from Juventus and their cheating ways.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Special One has been reportedly sacked.

He would be a solid upgrade on Koch here in Vancouver I think.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I asked my team this in a group chat, what do you guys think. Pep is obviously a great choice, however look at the line ups he has had, nothing against him but I'm sure any one of us could have that success given the opportunity with Barca and Bayern. I really think if you put him in United, it would give him the chance to prove its just not about a stacked line up. United already play possession (or try) but they lack so much in attack. Would Pep's Tiki Taka work and take United to that next level?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think with Pep and others like him, it's the ability to attract and sign the players he needs. LvG has a different rep and kinda hamstrings things in this regard.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I would give Pep a blank cheque and the keys to the bus.

Feel free to revamp everything from the youth academy to the U21 team to the First Team to what's offered at lunch to the medical team.

Yes, he has an embarrassment of riches at his disposal at Bayern but he has a style of play that he tries to impose on his teams and a clear direction of what he's trying to accomplish quite unlike LVG who seems at a loss for ideas especially going forward.

For me, I'd take him as manager over anyone else in the world except for Spada ;)

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting read ....... surprising though with such high pressure up the pitch, you'd think there'd be more goals from United.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting read ....... surprising though with such high pressure up the pitch, you'd think there'd be more goals from United.

Are the lack of goals really all on LVG, Rooney lost his forward spot under Fergie like 4 years ago and rightfully so. Great all around player but really if you really really look what top team is he cracking any position in? Then we have Martial, Memphis (works in process) and B level talent (ashley young etc) Are you saying Suarez, Neymar and Messi would be struggling? One they don't have the fast and high end offensive proven talent, he has said that.

I have two feelings on United, one like Mourinho LVG is extremely tactical, everything is prepared and practised. If they fart its at a certain time. That can be stiffling for players as it takes a long time for things to be second nature. Sometimes players need the freedom, without worrying about their defensive position or what the coach would want them to do. When its working the coach is brilliant when its not the first thing players do is point somewhere other then themselves for why its not working.

Two, we are way to slow. Mata, Carrick, Bastian, Blind all extremely slow. Lindegaard not paticularly fast for a winger. Rooney no longer a quick striker. When you are playing this possession East-West game but lack the ability to have the in behind threat( little with martial and memphis) with a direct balls, teams can just sit in shape and be very hard to breakdown. Leicester City has 5 of the 10 fastest players in the league according to the stats. They defend with speed and bite and counter at pace. They are a handful. Man Utd is hard to score on but they have zero pace going forward.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I asked my team this in a group chat, what do you guys think. Pep is obviously a great choice, however look at the line ups he has had, nothing against him but I'm sure any one of us could have that success given the opportunity with Barca and Bayern. I really think if you put him in United, it would give him the chance to prove its just not about a stacked line up. United already play possession (or try) but they lack so much in attack. Would Pep's Tiki Taka work and take United to that next level?

Forget it, Pep won't go anywhere near united. If he comes to the EPL I feel it will be for City, due to their riches and their incredible training facility they just built.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Forget it, Pep won't go anywhere near united. If he comes to the EPL I feel it will be for City, due to their riches and their incredible training facility they just built.

There's also some Barcelona connections at City as well (namely Txiki Begiristain who's Director of Football) so that could also pave the way.

If that happens, the rest of us are in for tough times I fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0