Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Portuguese ruining the game?

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
James Sharman (sp?) has been bickering with the e-mailers to Sportsworld over comments he made about how the Portuguese are ruining the game of football with their diving and “cheating.” E-mailers have been hammering him back but he has not backed down.

My thoughts. It is disgusting how they dive but to say one country does it more than others seems a bit harsh. Many countries are taught to dive as part of their game plan besides the Portuguese. Italians and Spanish have also been attacked for this in the past. The Sportsworld watchers attribute his attacking the Portuguese to them knocking of the UK again. I think they may have a point.

Thoughts?

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
willis316....you must be english...quit whinnnnnning...england could only blame themselves for their exit at the world cup and maybe practice pk's in the meantime...
ps: leave becks at home as well

cheers for now

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with willis316.

The British always seem to be wound up over some other country being a bunch of cheats.

~LinfordChristie.

PS. SCP - he's having a go at the British.

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP said:
willis316....you must be english...quit whinnnnnning...england could only blame themselves for their exit at the world cup and maybe practice pk's in the meantime...
ps: leave becks at home as well

cheers for now

You obviously are not english as you can not read it well enough to realize I was TTP on them. I will accept the apology in advance.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
willis316 said:
James Sharman (sp?) has been bickering with the e-mailers to Sportsworld over comments he made about how the Portuguese are ruining the game of football with their diving and “cheating.” E-mailers have been hammering him back but he has not backed down.

My thoughts. It is disgusting how they dive but to say one country does it more than others seems a bit harsh. Many countries are taught to dive as part of their game plan besides the Portuguese. Italians and Spanish have also been attacked for this in the past. The Sportsworld watchers attribute his attacking the Portuguese to them knocking of the UK again. I think they may have a point.

Thoughts?

England would never dive. They are too honest.

Signed,

Joe Cole

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My point exactly. Ronaldo may be one of the worst offenders but not the only superstar to do it. Beside he is very good looking.

Signed his lover, Wayne Rooney

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
so how is married life, Willis? Still going strong?

How is that football team coming along? I'm looking forward to reffing you this year. :D You'll be sent off just for wearing that Liverpool top in warm-up. :D

willis316

Oct 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Married life great, team, not so much. You will be impressed with the team colours of grey and red I think. Not with the play. I hoping once our fitness returns many of the ex-soccer players will round into form. Including myself.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jeezus.

What about defenders putting up their arms to call offside? Or when the ball goes out? Linespeople have feelings too ya know.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linespeople have feelings too ya know.
No they don't. They're just robots with flags and faulty optical sensors.:D

I've always found that the best way to get an offside call is to ask a ref "how is he?" while you put up your arm. Works well because you're not demanding a call, and most refs will seriously consider giving a defender the benefit of the doubt. Unless they are an official who shall remain nameless but whose initials are Mauricio Navarro....:D

Trece

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0