Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2009 - Week 2

Pak Cup 2009 - Week 2 Cup MOTW

• Poco City Reserves D1 - Aldergrove Utd D1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aldergrove Utd P - Dewdney United D1

• Mission SC D1 - North Delta Lions P

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will be nice to play WHACK again, some history between us...while the older guys at least. Good test early, have to play well to win the cup

even if you play well you wont win the cup...you guys would get humped by Lang, ACBC, Abby, or PAU.

youre a decent div 1 team tho...

FVcascade

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
A quick reminder regarding talk about Div 1 teams making a run, I played with abby the year that we scoarched through first division and we only could bump of 1 prem team in the pack...there is too much talent in ACBC/ABBY/PA/POCO/LANG right now (and besides our only shot to make provinicals is for one of the big 4 to win both cups...

I'll be at the ABBY game tomorrow with the BBQ and pints (in plastic cups of course) hope to see a good turn out....Half pint said if he doesn't score 3 hes going to buy the first round!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
even if you play well you wont win the cup...you guys would get humped by Lang, ACBC, Abby, or PAU.

youre a decent div 1 team tho...

We beat an undefeated Langley Premier team in the PAK Cup three years ago with HALF the talent we have now.

The best part of PAK cup is you only have to beat the team once.

Do I think we could match up against a Langley/PAU/ACBC over a five game series....probably not.
But in a one game knock out....we can match up against anybody.
Including a POMO team that couldnt score on us with many of us missing.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's unheard of that a Div. 1 side could compete and win that Cup.
Impossible.
Premier teams are way too strong.
Better yet, let's all have a laugh and suggest one could win it two years in a row.
Or, insanely crazy shite like they'd go to the final three years in a row?

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

lfc3

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
We beat an undefeated Langley Premier team in the PAK Cup three years ago with HALF the talent we have now.

The best part of PAK cup is you only have to beat the team once.

Do I think we could match up against a Langley/PAU/ACBC over a five game series....probably not.
But in a one game knock out....we can match up against anybody.
Including a POMO team that couldnt score on us with many of us missing.

FA Cup Final last year.

Portsmouth v Cardiff City.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont understand this comment...Didnt POMO win 2-0, which would mean that they scored 2 goals

weird comment Zaurrrr

Cup run is def. a crap shoot, yes talent is big but 1 game is 1 game as Z stated.
Mr. GB....check your stats, perhaps pull head out of one of the POMO players ass and ask him how they have done against the gers. They are good and could easily pull off some wins.
Should a prem. team beat a div. 1 team........yes they should.

Still sticking with PAU vs. ABBY as MOTW!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
not sure how that worked out nicely, i was just pointing out that there were no goals scored.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the Langley side of things, I remember that loss to the Div 1 team, and it sucked ass. Anything can happen in 1 game, for sure. Does anyone remember the last Div 1 team to win the pak? Could it have been Abbotsford '96?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's unheard of that a Div. 1 side could compete and win that Cup.
Impossible.
Premier teams are way too strong.
Better yet, let's all have a laugh and suggest one could win it two years in a row.
Or, insanely crazy shite like they'd go to the final three years in a row?

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa

unlucky on the third go-around, RF...

:D

Law Man

Oct 7, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that both Gers-Whack game as well as Dewdney-Aldergrove games will be good matchups.Both Div.1 teams have lots of ex premier players that have played in this cup several times and I'm pretty sure won't be intimidated playing current premier teams.

stoned wall

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the Langley side of things, I remember that loss to the Div 1 team, and it sucked ass. Anything can happen in 1 game, for sure. Does anyone remember the last Div 1 team to win the pak? Could it have been Abbotsford '96?

The last Div. 1 team to win a Pak cup just happened to be the Rangers when we won it back to back in 2001 and 2002. Rangers were also in the final in 2003 where we fell just short of the 3 peat. So all you guys in Div 1 and even premier that say it can't be done we've ( Rangers ) heard it all before. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0