Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup Pakenham Cup 2008 'Predictions and Banter'

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindman

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it that assistant referees will only be sent for Pakenham Cup matches involving TWO premier teams and that the reason is that the majority of the Div 1 teams won't pay the extra $25. For the opportunity to reduce the risk of a Pak match being decided on a blown off-side decision (lets face it...an offside decision closer then 3 yards is going to be wrong about 40% of the time with a single ref), not to mention more throw-in, goal kick/corner kick and foul decisions right, $25 seems worth it. In the first round there are six Div 1 vs Prem matches including: Port Moody (Div 1) vs Chilliwack (Prem) and ND Lions (prem) vs ACBC (Div 1) which would be very fast matches for even the best referees to handle alone. It would be interesting to hear some opinions from around the FV.....

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it that assistant referees will only be sent for Pakenham Cup matches involving TWO premier teams and that the reason is that the majority of the Div 1 teams won't pay the extra $25. For the opportunity to reduce the risk of a Pak match being decided on a blown off-side decision (lets face it...an offside decision closer then 3 yards is going to be wrong about 40% of the time with a single ref), not to mention more throw-in, goal kick/corner kick and foul decisions right, $25 seems worth it. In the first round there are six Div 1 vs Prem matches including: Port Moody (Div 1) vs Chilliwack (Prem) and ND Lions (prem) vs ACBC (Div 1) which would be very fast matches for even the best referees to handle alone. It would be interesting to hear some opinions from around the FV.....

To play devils advocate....

Div 1 play all their games without any assistant referees, and we have to adjust for the reasons you mention above.
It would be beneficial to us Div 1 teams to continue playing in the Pak Cup without assistant referees for that reason.
It will be more difficult for Premier teams to adjust to no linesman....it is extremely difficult to play the offside trap without such assistants.

Personally, I would love to have assistant referees at every Pak game...

icon

Dec 21, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think the cup will be won by either athletics club from van or rapids premiers some of the faster teams but its up for grabs theres always upsets best defence quickest offence . i like that div one teams dont pay for extra refs it opens up the game more each team has a ref theres no advantage or disadvantage

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I would love to have assistant referees at every Pak game...

I agree completely and I call BULLSHIT on the rumour about D1 teams not wanting to pay for linespeople. I have certainly never been asked and I represent my team weekly to the FVSL, never mind our club. Besides it shouldn't be a choice, the brass should invoke whatever rules they see fit within the constitution.

All it would take would be a vote at an AGM and we could have linesmen at ALL D1 games... of course we'd need the support of the majority. (Langley's 11 votes might help)

It is unfair for premier sides to have to play without linesmen. If my lowly D1 team manages to knock off a "contender" premier side and the officiating has anything to do with the outcome then we have just crippled the FVSL chances at representing itself to the best of its ability in the Provincials etc. (Not that any team we'd beat would deserve a shot, regardless of officiating! lol) anyhow, I hope you understand my point...

If the provincial standard is to have linespeople then all related cups should also have.

I myself have asked every year now for linesmen. There is not enough officials to go around during the regular season unless youth linespeople are used and the men's teams abused the shite out of them in the past so it won't happen.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC Premier 3 - POCO Premier 2 IN PKS.

I didn't catch the game, just a txt message update from LFC.

Good win for Langley, I know they were missing some guys.

blindman

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys are fibbing about the Abby-Royals match. 6-2 Abby. 3-0 at the half, Royals got one back early in the second half to make it interesting for a while before Abby put it away for good.

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
well done to langley last night 3-2 in PK's. 1st half was all langley 2nd was all poco. Cracking game all round too bad it's so ealy in cup and a top premier team has to go out, the fun of the random draw!:cool:

bigbag

Oct 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
surprising result in the other poco pak game as the mighty rangers lost 4 goals in 1 game having only allowed 7 in league play. I think they were a bit surprised by the talent on the poco reserves:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0