Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Onstad Lashes Back!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be A league club only used by a Canadian national program.For guys 18 and up to twenty four year old guys and three over age guys to help in development. This way Dale and Nick could select the kids and develop them in a club system for out National side. That would give Dale and Nick way more choyse on players needed on the top roster and also for our under twenty and under twenty three National teams. Posh I am glad that you think of god. Lets face it if you trouly belong to god you would have a space for others with out any faul mouth.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be A league club only used by a Canadian national program.For guys 18 and up to twenty four year old guys and three over age guys to help in development.

Can't believe I just quoted the base. Didn't the US try a team like this a few years back in the A-League. It doesn't work. Too many players coming in and out to form any kind of real team. What works is, a year round training center, fully funded, for young players. Develop those players, and then send them to the best club teams in the world (Europe) to develop even more. Right now, Canada is not developing players, most Canadain players are going overseas to be developed, and after they become a world class player, they have no ties to Canada, because, Canada had no part in thier development. It was solely that player to the BIG Clubs of Europe.

hos

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, this is though........

Clydesdale Bank Premier League Table
25 October 2008 17:25
P GD PTS
1 Celtic 10 14 25
2 Rangers 9 11 22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Kilmarnock 10 0 16

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Dundee Utd 9 2 14
5 Hearts 10 -3 14
6 Hibernian 10 -3 14
7 Motherwell 10 -2 13
8 Aberdeen 10 -3 11
9 St Mirren 10 -3 11
10 Inverness CT 10 -1 10
11 Falkirk 10 -3 10

12 Hamilton 10 -9 9

Full Premier League table

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For some reason, that loss probably hurts more than the satisfaction of Celtic's league "success". Probably because it's oh so temporary. And you're a bitter cnut.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands on Stone i do agree with you to some degree. True young guys go over seas and ferther develop. But fandamental development was done here. As you know we do not have a place where a player can go five times a week to develop. In most Europian countries practices are five times a week plus a game on sunday. Practices are broken in to diferant segmants in order to work on all parts of the game. Here we can not do it. Nuber one players are not mature enough to comit to somthing like that. Second of all to practicing on turf fields five times a week would kill you. And third is where do you play.
Caps do not play Europian style of soccer. They are big strong slow guys marking space and only counter attacking when posable. When did you see Caps overlap in full speed up and down game like the play in Ingland or any othe country that has a premier league.
First we must have a club solely for National program. Use it for all thee teams. U 20,23 and National side. With out it it just will not happen. Traning centres do not work. Players drop their levels after ten weeks of work out, and a low level friendly games. Games must mean alot then and only then is where each guy will step up. Most of all kids must draw a pay cheque or it is imposible.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base: I agree with you finally but Dale Mitchell has no idea how to play european soccer and he's out of his league at the national level...mitchell must go..

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do know Dale I do know he knows what to do. But his pool is small, he is limited to only player from overseas. That is the only group of guys fit at that level for ninty minutes. Local guys can only go for forty minutes if the do not pace them selves. The minute they do that it is a goal against us. That is where the problem is. As said before we select big and strong they select bigger faster "quicker"and stronger. Thais the only reason our back line look out of place in some games. The pace is tohigh for them to recover and gas does cose some or most of mental ears. Changeing Mitchel will not solve the problem.Nick was one of those guys bigger strong limited skill but he worked his ass off to hold the spot. What we need is to add two three quicker guys in the back that can overlap when needed. That is why I pointed out Brkich ,Amor and Sly from BC. All three can do that job and also onother youngster by the name Brown and Demico. They must be willing to take a risk on twenty odd year old guys. Number one quick good foot skill can cross can play in tight and most of all almost always try to play one or two tutch.We have the kids we just need a place to play.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0