Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"old choons for well.... old choons."

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: doughnut.........

Fastshow said:
If anyone actually bothers to attempt to find any of the drivel the lobotomised fcukwit above posts with monotonous regularity, allow me to suggest that, instead of doing an utterly fruitless search for 'three drive' by greece.
Luc, you are a twat of the most heroic and aristocratic order.

Jinky, either u are together with fastshow or just very obtuse.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did he hurt your feelings when he engaged you in a bout of musical reparte?

Are you crushed?

In a tiny ball?

Barely able to answer?

Will you be okay?

Here's the part where an adult posts a great big fcuk off song that blows Fasty out of the water. Give it a shot! Don't be afraid to show you are creative.

The website is called Take The Piss. You are obviously too sensitive to participate if you feel it is neccesary to threaten other posters with violence.

Where's a mod when you need one?

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"lets go down to the boxing match!"

"boxerbeat" - Joboxers
"boxing" - Bend Folds Five
and erm, "eye of the tiger" :rolleyes: or what about "it's my party(and I'll cry if I want to.)" Maybe just blast out some Gary Glitter or Carl Orff's "o fortuna" and we'll all join in.

TTP = tell the parents:p

Now, if you want some serious 'old choon' contenders, see me here and "stop your sobbing"

my music is better than your music

hedKandi

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone have any idea what song is played at gm place when the canucks skate out.....the lights are usually still off, theres a disco ball goin.......its a great song that they started to use last year but i think it could be very old as i caught the end of it on 101...????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No idea, Luc. However, what about the old classic......

POPCORN by Hot Butter. Great stuff, eh, Fasty? If you don't like it, I'll challenge you to an arm wrestling match, you poof? :rolleyes:

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You two would better suit a tickle fight. Anyhow I would watch what you say to him, Jinky will come after you. They seem to have a prison cell setup.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: toys out of prams.......

If he doesnt like the shite i post, i dont care. I know whats hot.

Now that was funny, well done.

I know it wasn't meant to be funny but nevertheless, you're slowly approaching Dazzaesque levels of legend status. Though, like your mentor, for all the wrong reasons.....

I think it's quite cute that you tend to post songs I've already mentioned, just six months after the fact. Still, in Vancouver parlance, you're light years ahead of everyone. Bar Jinky and Hed Kandi. Oh, and Willy and Buckfast.

And Captain Shamrock.

How could I not like your music if, generally speaking, it's the same stuff I wrote about months ago?

It's a shame this needed to be explained. See if you and Dazza can carpool to the next TTP 101 sesh in Jinky's front hall cupboard.

Captain, I'd take up your challenge but my arm's asleep from cuddling with Jinky.

'Flaming June'- BT
'Forever More' (Francois Kervorkian remix)- Moloko
'Killing Between Meals'- Revolvo
'Good Disease'- Aim
'Stars All Seem to Weep'- Beth Orton

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mondo Bongo...the Boomtown Rats - also a few other cuts from the album of the same name (another piece of red, banana republic)
Saw them at the old forum in 1981...still remember Johnny fingers bouncing around in his pajamas...and my pal taking my seat beside the girl I was keen on when I went to the pisser...bastard.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fastshow,
I have actually given every single song u post a shot....I think maybe 4 have spent more than 3 seconds on my hard drive...

Timo Maas - Get Down
The South - Loosen Your hold
Finley Quaye - Dice
Chem Bros - The golden Path

There could be 1 or 2 more...But I don't really feel like goin into the archives and looking over all your crap again.

I'm sorry that u failed as a musician but come on, it's obvious you don't have the ears for it.

Keep up the great rhetoric. Even if your taste in music is malignant, the benine rainbow of innovative literature u dance to is what gives you the pride your people have been fighting for.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It appears that MOST of the tunes posted now are not in fact OLD CHOONS. Sort yourselves out and get some fcuking oldies like......

She Blinded Me With Science - Thomas Dolby(?)
Rocket - Herbie Han****(I think I might have posted that earlier) - I remember break dancing to this song. Okay, I remember people break dancing to this song. Great stuff.

Speaking of Boomtown Rats, I Don't Like Mondays is an all-time classic. Again, it may have been mentioned but I haven't ventured into this thread until recently.

Hail! Hail!

Captain Casem

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I always liked "All The Young Dudes" by Mott the Hoople, a bit of a Bowie clone, which figures since Bowie does back-up on the track and produced it as well (I think). Doesn't matter, great track.

lupoman

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilluns:

I think that what Captain Grumpy is trying to say is that we should better define what constitutes an "old choon." I realize that this might be difficult for The Man From The Future and Loooc to fathom, but I would propose that only releases inflicted upon the general public over a year ago should be considered for the purposes of this thread. Defining something that exited the studio 5 minutes ago (even from the future) as "old" is offensive to those of us who really are old.

I see a steel cage match in the future for you two....

Hedkandi's music is not better than my music. Neener neener....

"The Prince" - Madness
"Gangsters" - the Specials
"Everyone's a Winner" - Bootsauce
"Closer" - Nine Inch Nails
"I Die You Die" - Gary Numan
"If You Leave Me (Can I Come Too?)" - Mental as Anything
"Guns and Heroin" - Art Bergman

and many other scaly and scary things that haven't seen the light of day for far too long

Stew:cool: who got to listen to Hedkandi's collection of whiny vocalists all the way to PoCo....

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
An old choon is an old choon before '84 and not one you've just happened to come by this month that is 2-3 years old.

I just finished listening to Bent's "programmed to love" again after it collected dust in my CD rack. A great pleasure; an old choon, no certainly not, but will be a candidate in a few years. The sound still reflects a time now, but where as "the hurting" Tears For Fears is an old choon and fcuking remarkable. Get it now, do yourself a favour, if you don't already:confused:

I want to list this too "planet rock" - Afrika Bamabaataa & the Soul Sonic Force - Wow, its 22+ years old, I'm still hearing samples of that, today.

Also, while I'm prattling on, Prince's "purple rain" is 20 years old. (this after seeing him and Beyonce at the start of the Grammies). When this guy was good, noone could touch him. Live shows were the best plus if you were lucky to catch him in the clubs after his shows, an absolute thrill. Recordings, as a musician he was untouchable for a while.

Hey, Stew, for an old choon of whiny, tuneless voclaists who cannot sing to save their breakfast, start off with "power corruptions & lies "by New Order.;) for more see the thread "Noo Choons" BTW I love "The Prince", that will get me started on old choon reggae, mmm lovely!

Also "troubadour" by JJ Cale. Isn't that what chillin' is all about?

looking for the perfect beat

hedKandi

Jock

Jul 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
An old choon is a choon there for it can 6 months old or in can be 20 years old. Post what ever you consider to be old….

BED OF ROSES - BON JOVI
SO FINE - GUNS N ROSES

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LucVanLierde said:
dido - stoned
dizzy rascal - fix up, look sharp

Luc,
Okay. Good choons but if my watch doesn't decieve me, both off them are only 2 hours old! :confused: I suggest a post here
here would be more in line.

maybe this is up your alley 'the twist" - Hank Ballard and the Midnighters

getting older by the minute!:rolleyes:

hedKandi

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hedkandi,
I have had Dizzys album for almost 2 yrs, that dido tune was a b-side on a 12 inch I bought this past summer. I have no idea where everyone who participates in ttp lives, or when tunes are released in the country they reside in.

I don't think it matters, really. Im pretty sure people come into these threads to find good songs. New. old...whatever, I mean if u see a song posted that is foreign to your eyes or ears, download it. Listen to it. If u like it good. If you don't then who cares, delete it.

I'll have started a new thread to accomodate your serious dilema.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0