Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Officiating

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since when does the name of a sissy NHL trophy have anything to do with proper grammar?

And, for the ump-teenth time: you're, not your.

You make yourself look dumber and dumber every time you post. Go back to your rubber room.
:rolleyes:

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Out of the rubber room

well being canadian I thought you "Dude" of all people would know proper hockey terms. Guess not, back to ringette for you!

What soccer team are you from?

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
no!!!!!

Go back to your rubber room.

Don't go!! Stupid people are the new black.

Carry on posting, Defiling the net (that's a good one, that).

It's the only way you're going to learn.

Dude just believes in tough love, he's a pussy (cat), really.

Plus, he's not getting at home and he's wife knocking on a bit if you know what I mean.......

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry lads , I can't comment too much on referee reports or decisions that the discipline committee makes. All I can say is that I believe a send - off for violent conduct is an automatic 3 game suspension (minimum). Depending on what is written in the report & how 'violent ' it was , more games may be added.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Stepchild has a point...why have the hearing if you have already made a decision ?? It's just stupid......the league changed the rules this year saying that the player must present himself before the committee or he shall be suspended indefinitely....why ? So they can waste an evening of your time waiting, and then have them lecture you like a 4th grader and give you the sentence before saying a word ??? Fcuking stupid !!!

If you have automatic suspensions then just post the fcuking thing on the website and be done with it.....take the money from the team bond and all is settled......if you're going to have a hearing then let the player make his case...I have been in there a couple of times and it's stupid, cause it has no bearing on the suspension.

PS - the bolded words are learning markers for Defiling the Net...plus I don't want any trouble from the grammar nazi Dude :D

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
stepchild

Instead of pushing over the two guys involved why didn't you just take your team mate out of the situation. By getting involved what do you think the ref should but down in his report.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by PNE
Sorry lads , I can't comment too much on referee reports or decisions that the discipline committee makes. All I can say is that I believe a send - off for violent conduct is an automatic 3 game suspension (minimum). Depending on what is written in the report & how 'violent ' it was , more games may be added.

"violent conduct " is a vague and somewhat damning phrase. We would all agree that there are varying degrees of violence on the field and this policy of 3 games if the ref writes "violent" doesn't leave a lot of room for a reasonable account of the events and the flexibility to use judgement to assign the proper games.
The refs have to enforce an acceptable standard of safe conduct, and the yahoos must be sent the message, but 3 automatic games for what could be a brief pushing match seems a bit much.

PNE, a player from our team just got 2 games for an incident that was violent but really just "pushy"...so I'm not sure how that matches up to your 3 game notion.

Not an easy job.:cool:

I think most guys aren't happy with missing games but I guess that's the incentive to behave oneself.

curly

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
red card

i just finished sitting out a couple, i agree to disagree with the refs, first i dont want to do his job but second they are getting paid some decent cash, im sure alot of this bull@#it that happens could be prevented if the refs stayed with the play and called things that they really see, i see these guys letting things go all game, and then what happens is the game gets out of hand and refs starts calling things to make up for mistakes he made earlier in the game, by this time its too late and everyone is pissed off, and the only defense the ref has is to pull out the cards,

hey if your getting paid just run with play, makes it easier on everyone

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
curly

I must admit some ref's don't keep up with the play. Some ref's work just as hard on the field as players, look at pne he does more running than half the team put together. As for the money we don't get it for doing nothing, rain or shine we are out on the park taking crap from people who don't understand the laws. Just think what would happen if the game was played without the ref to keep some kinda order in the game....:)

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WB ,
Don't forget , I am Turbo-powered. That gives me the extra thrust when setting -off.
Anyway , what beer are we having Saturday night. You have some catching up to do since you missed last saturday. See you tuesday ,
PNE.

thebestrefsaretheonesyoudontsee.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey PNE and WB,

which game are you guys doing saturday night ??

GN - SUFC or Langley - Delta.....just wanted to know....if you two are doing our game then I need to bring my megaphone so you can hear me question your calls ;) :D

Of course WB thinks he knows the rule book but whos he kidding anyways....heck his halloween costume was a ref uni !! :eek: ;):D

See you guys at the Game :D

Big "Mouth of the South" T:cool:

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry T . Can't give any clues as to where we are Saturday. We will just have to keep you guessing.
I'm not messing with 'T' now , am I ???

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Teeath & PNE

Bring what you want i won't hear it from the gaints game on saturday. Pne again another fine training on tuesday as well as the beer drinking afterwards was it not brother.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
School of thought.

Originally posted by filling the net
It's Lady Byng moron; and your teaching everyone on here about grammer?

Don't confuse GrammAR with spelling, they are two distinctly different parts of the English Lanquage.

If it wasn't noted previously Referees don't determine the length of suspension, but the wording in their report can dictate in some fashion the severity. The discipline group is made up primarily of ex and current referees however.

As for those saying referees don't keep up with the play, try doing a game. Refs need to watch the ball, the play occuring at or near the ball, plus look ahead for potential offsides, while also looking behind the play to watch for fouls that occured after a ball was released.....Perhaps linesmen should be given more power signal the ref's and clear things up..... Out of the 9 ref's I have had so far this year 7 have done a good job, and thats a good batting average for a league that competes for ref's.

My $50 is well spent.

(except when we get that ref named Z____)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We've had that Z guy a couple of times this year and I thought he did OK. Herb on the other hand. WTF?:(

PNE,

Good game on Sunday(LUFC - Sporting). I especially liked the way you were running on the spot to stay warm. Now, why wasn't the bugger who chopped me down early in the second half shown a card. Just curious.

blindman

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having just had to sit on the other side of the disciplinary table (as a coach representing a dismissed player) I understand a team's/players perspective/frustration with discipline. As a blindman I am going to be very careful not to relate this to any specific case so I don't get in trouble but I still think I can make some constructive points without crossing that line.
I believe that the pendulumn on discipline has swung over the past five years from suspensions that were once way too lenient to suspensions that are now SOMETIMES on the harsh side. I think the biggest reason for this is that the discipline policy (now something most lawyers would be proud of at 48 pages long) takes away the use of common sense from disciplinary committees and instead holds them to firm minimum suspensions based on the category (not necessarily the severity) of the offense. Referees are always taught to apply the 18th law, common sense, and discipline committees should have the ability to do the same and adjudicate based on the specific circumstances surrounding the explusion and the history of that player, rather then by classifying the card into a category and issuing a required suspension. This may produce the most consistent results but not the necessarily the fairest. As I've been told by players when I've tried to convince them I was being consistent and they replied, "ya, your consistent alright, consistently bad."

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WB ,
Training was good as always. Nice to see we get some better beer these days.

ROB ,
If I could remember the situation I may be able to give you an explanation. However , I don't remember much about the games on Sunday other than it was bloody cold !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0