Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Officiating

blindman

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The linesman on the touch line opposite the teams was good. The other one, that goes by PNE, seemed lost before each half as he looked like he wanted to work from behind the goals and had to be persuaded to go to the touchline, keeping the lads waiting. Maybe a map will help next time.

PNE

Nov 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm suprised a Blindman could see all this. He never looked at me during the game so maybe I should have stayed behind the goal. He surely wouldn't have taken a 'blind' bit of notice.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmmm, you were right.

Well, this one is for all the ref's on the site and bitter_cabbage who made the 3 game suspension call. I need a little BETTER explanation on how you all get away with this.
Two weeks ago, immediately after an questionable tackle, I got up and used my forearm to push the other player back. I turned to walk away, then was pushed from behind by the same player. Seconds later, we were in eachothers faces and nothing happened until a third player knocked over the 2 players involved.
The ref threw all involved out. OK, not complaining about being thrown out. The problem comes from the report issued and the suspension handed out due to the sh*t submitted.
The report stated "violent conduct with no punches thrown and the actions resulted in the players falling to the ground" Also, the ref stated in the report that he "removed all 3 players to keep control of the game." No mention of the 3rd man in causing us to fall, not to mention the tackle involved prior. How the Fu*k is this a violent action? His report had nothing, the committee only looked at the "violent action" words. What a joke, you guys get a week to submit your reports and around $50, do you damn job. A member of the board stated the above about the 1 week to get the reports in.
So, why show up to the hearings, the committee already decided the suspension based on your submissions. Again, do your F*cking jobs.:mad:
As for the committee, how can you accept a report like you did? Two lines of crap, and then you base your decision on this. The disciplinary forms are already filled out when we get there. Do not waste our time and humor us by thinking we can actually change anything by talking to you. I was told that the action was violent b/c the ball was not involved....actually the play was a continuation of a tackle that was not mentioned in the report. So, they give us 3 games for violent actions. Again, 3rd man in is not mentioned in the report. It would be hard for the ref to notice since it was the goalie and the play was near the sidelines.
B/f I went in, I talked to a player who just came off a 7 game suspension. He received 2 yellows in his first game back and got 1 f*cking game. How do you justify that sh*t, 3 games for pushing someone. Give me a F*cking break. If you want my $, just say it. Do not justify this by a 3 game suspension. I hope you spend my $ well b/c this is the only reason I can come up with for the justification on the 3 games. Not even a punch thrown. Violent, my ass. :rolleyes: BTW, all 3 got three games.
Anyways, good luck for all at your hearings.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like you've got a beef w/ the discipline committee, not really a ref. If I'm not mistaken, Refs have no say on the length of suspension. Also, I think many of the suspension lengths are predetermined based on precedence.

One of those things these days...if you get shown red, the best you can hope for is getting a friendly ear at the hearing who may see some sense in your case, and possibly give you fewer games than what the precedence calls for. Once you’ve seen red, you’re dead.

Look at that- I’m a poet and I didn’t even know it.

Shitty deal Stepchild...sounds like you've a victim of the "system".

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,
Sounds like you've got a beef w/ the discipline committee, not really a ref.
Read the post again, It states that the ref's are not doing their jobs in regards to submitting reports.
Lets see, getting paid......do it right or lose your job like the rest of us would.

next to god

Not Bright
Aug 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild's tantrum...

Stepchild

What did NTG tell you...3 games!!!!

Adds $45.00 to the Referee's Pension Fund which along with all that undeclared cash has been submitted to that big office building on the King George Highway across from Swiss Chalet.

Read BCSA Discilpline Guide page 27, Section F "Misconduct by Officials"
3. C. Failure to submit game report within 48 hours of match
Penalty Reprimand plus Associated Game fee.

More cash to the FVSL Pension Fund.

Next time listen to NTG...

:cool:

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
NTG, hate to say it but you were right!;)
Looks like all involved should have thrown punches, at least that would justify the violent action.

Cheers to the Pension fund, enjoy it!:)

BTW Dude, the ref's do have a say in the suspension. How do you think the committee decides on the length............their submitted reports!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I read it, and fair enough...but I don't know if it would have made a difference. Really, if he had gone into detail on the sequence of events, I doubt it would have changed the fact it was still deemed "violent conduct". Sort of speaking from experience here...

It's not like hockey, where a "third man in" is punished more severely than the two original fighters. My understanding is that the way they see it, anyone who is shown red for "violent" conduct will be given equal punishment. As I've said, the only time I've personally experienced a player getting fewer games than expected is when the committee is favorable to listening on that day, and your story is convincing enough, and is collaborated by the other two offending parties, and the committee sees it just to give you fewer games than typical. I personally had one case where the committee saw it my way, and two of my players’ cases reduced when I managed.

Not saying the system is right or wrong, just how it works. Not really commenting on the refs and how good or bad a job they do...between you and me, I think they're all on the sauce anyhow.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:D

Should have listened to your council!

Again, no, they don't have a say. Once the report is in, it's out of their hands. Agree that a more detailed report would have helped you, so I'm not disagreeing with you.

It can work both ways...we had a ref one year who put in a very inaacurate report that slandered our player...we really had to do some fancy footwork with that one!

Do I still get my bendy pen?

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
change their minds

Dude,
your story is convincing enough, and is collaborated by the other two offending parties,
I was the 3rd involved that went in, do you really think that anything I said would change their minds. The other 2 already received 3 games. Do you really think the others involved are going to say the 3rd party came in and knocked us over, kinda selling one guy out.
Again, my point is that the reports should be complete and in detail so the committee can make a honest judgement. The only thing they had was the words "violent actions" and that is it. Nothing I would have said at that point would have made a difference.....I was f*cked.
They should listen to all first, and then hand out the suspensions.

To make things worse, I'll miss the kickup against Whalley!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know my son...I know...here's a shoulder.

AGAIN...not telling you you did anything wrong, just how it is. But, I can almost guarantee, had the report said "There was a third man involved, the keeper, blah, blah, blah...", it wouldn't have changed your case. You'd still get the 3 for being involved in "the violent conduct".

I guess one of the issues may be that there isn't a series of sub categories for "violent conduct". Or is there? PNE?

Once that red card flies out, it really seems the best you can do is pray to whoever your God is and hope that you get as few games as possible.

I'm in your corner, shitty deal.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stepchild,

I'm glad you got three games. You're a cnut anyway and you deserve it. Cnut.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
noted

TheRob
You're a cnut anyway and you deserve it
True, but that is not the point. I will be off my well deserved suspension for "violent actions" when we play you next.
As for now, I have been blessed with time to reflect and note my poor behavior. Thanks ref's, I learned my lesson and will refrain from any tackles, close contact situations and from looking negatively in any direction.
BTW TheRob, maybe you can stay the whole game before making up an excuse to leave. It's too cold and there are questionable tackles....I better come up with something.....O'ya, Guys, I have a wedding to go to! F*ck off
No bendie pen for you or the Dude

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're not going to win the Lady Bing with an attitude like that.

No mouse pad for you. And, I'm not paying this $35.00 bill you're about to send me for your 5 minutes of work.

Fcuker.

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude
You're not going to win the Lady Bing with an attitude like that.

No mouse pad for you. And, I'm not paying this $35.00 bill you're about to send me for your 5 minutes of work.

Fcuker.

It's Lady Byng moron; and your teaching everyone on here about grammer?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0