Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

O-35 Canadians

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 2-1 Quebec

From the WCOTSL President Carlos Grosso:

Columbus won the Western Canadian Championships and/or the Nationals by beating Quebec in the final 2 to 1 on Monday, October 13th, in Edmonton.

I don't know any details but I suppose congratulations are in order. That's a bit of a lock BC has had on this trophy with the Firemen (WCOTSL) winning it for the last bunch of years. The early O-35 Canadians were a bit of a joke but now that the O-30 BC's are gone, you know the BC rep will be a strong one.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Columbus!

Anyone know why they are just the Western Canadians if all/most provinces are represented?

Cheers,

~Regs.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In years past, there were only teams from Manitoba west. I'm not positive of the reason for that but I'm pretty sure it's because no teams were interested from back east. That was one of the reasons BC were encouraged to ditch the O-30's format was because the rest of Canada all played O-35.

Here are the teams that were in the 2003 Western Canadian Master Championship:

BC Columbus Soccer Club
AB Calgary Lads
SK Saskatoon
QC Cannoniers de Longuie

I guess Quebec is associating with Western Canada now maybe as some sort of pseudo-seperation gesture.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Peter
Columbus won the Western Canadian Championships and/or the Nationals by beating Quebec in the final 2 to 1 on Monday, October 13th, in Edmonton.

Congrats to Columbus, Sarge's older brother plays on the team, not sure if anyone cares.

At least one B.C. team came home a winner and was able to beat the newest Western Province Quebec.

hos

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0