Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

North Shore Coaches League 08-09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some changes to the league this year....we have added a team, Roma FC came over from the Millars League, giving us 11 teams. Lupo United FC, under new management, are now the Warriors. Different set up division wise as well, we are going with what is basically a weighted schedule, everyone will play everyone once, top six then split off as the "A" side, bottom five become the "B" side, each team then playing eveyone in your own division again. Top two teams in the "A" side automatically get a provincial slot, third place "A" side team will play off against the top "B" side team for the third provincial slot. Gives each team a shot at provincials right out of the gate and rewards teams right away that have improved over the summer. Conversely, if you have a poor start to the season and find yourself in the "B" pool, you still have a chance at making the provincials. Keeps everyone interested for the whole season. This also gives us enough wiggle room that even if we have a winter like last year, we will be able to get all out league games in and do our divisional cups. Good luck to all, let the festivities begin!!

lupoman

martinitime:D

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lupoman, who are the early season favourites, is it the Vikings again? What about dark horse predictions? I heard the Gaurdians picked up some new players over the summer and are looking to move up a few spots from there placement last year? I heard Coveside tied Roma in an exhibtion game on sunday, and that Coveside should have won by about 8 goals!

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Roma FC were missing a few players during the exhibitiion game. This Roma FC team who is coming over from the millars league are a good team. They were one of the top teams in the millar league and were lucky not to win it all last year. They are very well coached. I heard that the coach has had them running twice a week since mid july. Early predictions have them finishing in the top 3 and than making a big run in the provincials... Good luck Roma FC !

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard Roma FC were missing a few players during the exhibitiion game. This Roma FC team who is coming over from the millars league are a good team. They were one of the top teams in the millar league and were lucky not to win it all last year. They are very well coached. I heard that the coach has had them running twice a week since mid july. Early predictions have them finishing in the top 3 and than making a big run in the provincials... Good luck Roma FC !

Roma were definitley fitter than Coveside(myself excluded) there coach reminds me of myself 5years ago, smoking half a pack during a game. They will surprise some teams in our league. Top 3 in their first year may be hard to acheive

Lupoman, who are the early season favourites, is it the Vikings again? What about dark horse predictions? I heard the Gaurdians picked up some new players over the summer and are looking to move up a few spots from there placement last year? I heard Coveside tied Roma in an exhibtion game on sunday, and that Coveside should have won by about 8 goals!

Conductor, I think you forgot the 1 in front of the 8. You must have missed a few of our chances, blame it on the smoke cloud from your coach! I bet I see the field more than he does this season:eek:

We were down 2-0 at half, after dominating for the most part. Battled back to tie it, were unlucky not to have a bunch more. We are in for a long season if all 4 strikers are going to miss those type of chances! Our mini midfielders comments after the game summs it up "my side hurts from laughing at you clowns"

The mighty LV Azteca up this weekend, hopefully we can keep the card count down!:D

Good Luck to all this season

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would have to say that the Vikings should take the league title again, they looked very good over the summer. Nordic are always strong, and Coveside should be a force now that Cside has all his players back. Don't mind Cside, he thinks they should have won every game by 8 goals!;) If the scouting reports on Roma are correct, they should factor in as well. Norvan are getting a little long in the tooth, but could still make the top 3 if they stay healthy.

lupoman

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lupoman, do you know anything about the Gaurdians? I hear they have alot of Latin Americans and that it's better to play them in the colder months.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guardians have been in the league for four or five seasons, and while they have shown steady improvement over those years, they still have a long way to go. Translated, they're not so good. They work hard and can surprise, but they will end up in the "B" pool.

lupoman

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guardians have been in the league for four or five seasons, and while they have shown steady improvement over those years, they still have a long way to go. Translated, they're not so good. They work hard and can surprise, but they will end up in the "B" pool.

lupoman

Buddy, you have a problem if your having Martini's at 9:18am. Or maybe I'm just jealous

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stick, to be honest I think Roma FC would be very happy to win the "B" division!
The B Division

It would than give them a chance at the 3 provincial spot in a knock out game against the 3rd place finisher in "A" division!;)

Stick

Sep 24, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Starter is a little too caulky.

Conduct, didn't the managers remove that rule when they agreed to this new format. They put that rule in to satisfy Blewridge (now NAFC).

Good luck with your season.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Starter is a little too caulky.

Conduct, didn't the managers remove that rule when they agreed to this new format. They put that rule in to satisfy Blewridge (now NAFC).

Good luck with your season.

11 mins into the game and Roma has a 4 - 0 lead and takes their foot off the gas pedal. Classy and good. Look - Out for these guys. Kudos to their coach.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stick, actually the new format is how Lupoman stated early in this thread. The first place B team will play the third place A team for the last spot. It was confirmed at the last meeting that this would happen for sure this year. Even though in the past there has been changes to this format! As for Roma FC there just happy to be playing in a better league than the Millars. The Millars league has some good teams and good guy's, but is run by a retard who thinks he is the end all, be all. To think this donkey ran in the last civic elections! LOL

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
11 mins into the game and Roma has a 4 - 0 lead and takes their foot off the gas pedal. Classy and good. Look - Out for these guys. Kudos to their coach.

Did Roma stop scoring because they took their foot off the pedal or because they put their coach behind the wheel?

If the coach had any finish, there would have been another 3 on the board for Roma! Kudos to their coach for forgeting how to score!:eek:

Good to see Fantabulous out scouting games again!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Team Starter, the rumours are true!

I hear conductor is working on a deal for stunatman, good player and great team guy.

Roma FC has signed stunatman, he was even fitted for a track suit. To be honest though I believe this is a first as I heard his track suit they ordered was a men's small. The last time I ever heard of this management ordering small size gear for players was for the women in co-ed. Don't take this as a slag though, cause for those that don't know, their co-ed team has won 5 out of the last 6 years Championships!:D

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word on the steet is Roma FC tied 4-4... Supposedly they had only 1 sub? Will the Conductor please stand up and let us know how the game went?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0