Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

No more Khalsa???

Fiji

Oct 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I've heard, there is no Khalsa this season in the PCSL league, can anyone confirm this?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fiji,

I was speaking with one of the directors of the PCSL the other day and he did confirm this. They will be back for the following season though (2005). Don't know why they dropped out this season but maybe HOS can elaborate further .....

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the PCSL website

The League has received the following letter from the 2003 League and Challenge Cup winners Khalsa Sporting Club (New Westminster Khalsa),

The club is thus deemed to have withdrawn from the PCSL. Under League rules the club now forfeits its deposit and performance bond and will have to re-apply from scratch if it wishes to rejoin the PCSL in the future.

March 23, 2004
Attn: Len McAdams & PCSL Directors

Re: 2004 season Withdrawal Notification

Dear Len,
We unfortunately would like to advise the league of our withdrawal notice for the upcoming 2004 PCSL season. Due to the fact our player commitment level has dropped and many of our core players are mentally and physically fatigued from competing year round the last two full seasons in the VMSL and PCSL. I hope you understand our need for a break. We will come back rejuvenated and energized to compete at the PCSL level next year. We hold our relationship with the league in high regard and would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Please call me regarding any questions.
Sincerely,
Parm Gill
Manager/Coach
Cheers
JB

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks said:
Don't know why they dropped out this season but maybe HOS can elaborate further .....

Like the letter says, it has been two very long years for the players with the PCSL and then also VMSL. Last year, the first year in the VMSL, the team had just come off a long PCSL summer and right into winter games, the team had a good first year in the VMSL. Then went right into PCSL games after the Provincial Cup, had another great run in the Coast league, then back into the winter, were things didn't go so good, guys run out of steam, they have families, and the numbers showed when it came down to it.

It makes sense to me, it is very expensive to run a PCSL Team as well as a VMSL Team, if you don't get the commitment from the players, why enter a team. A break is good for the guys, even though they play a bunch of Indian tourny's as well.

What about the new Richmond team in the PCSL, are they just the old Explorers, and where are they playing out of?

hos

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

I don't know who is coaching the Richmond team, or if they are the old explorers. They are playing out of Minoru(sp?)

Cheers
JB

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Clan

Playing out of Minoru tenatively...
Knees United is coaching the squad, direct your questions to him for any further details...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0