Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL Hot Stove

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
heard on the team 1040 this morning that Mcpee said gonch would be traded today. as popular opinion suggests, i'm sure it will be colorado.

it would be nice to see o'neil and witt in a nucks uni.

manager

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
this just in.....

Gonchar dealt to Bruins

TSN.ca Staff

3/3/2004

After shipping out Jaromir Jagr, Peter Bondra and Robert Lang, the Washington Capitals have dumped some more salary - this time off their own blueline - sending defenceman Sergei Gonchar to the Boston Bruins in exchange for defenceman Shaone Morrisonn and a first and second round draft pick.

All that is required to make the transaction official is the trade conference call that registers the trade with the league.

Gonchar is in the final year of a four-year, $13.95 million US contract that pays him $3,650,000 this season.

The 29-year old veteran has seven goals and 49 points this season, leading all NHL defenceman in scoring.

The 10-year veteran was taken 14th overall in the 1992 NHL Entry Draft by the Capitals. He made his NHL debut in the 1994-95 season and scored seven points as a rookie. He led all Capitals' defencemen in scoring over the next two seasons and led the team's blueline with 11 playoff points as the Capitals went the Stanley Cup Final in 1998.

In 1998-99, Gonchar played just 53 games, and led team defencemen with 21 goals and 31 points. He also led the Capitals with 13 power play goals and was the first Russian defenceman to score 20 goals in an NHL season.

In 1999-2000, Gonchar finished the season with a team best +26 rating and became the second defenceman in team history to score a hat trick.

More to follow.

thought it was a done deal with colorado

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Food for thought...

Here is a list of the top 10 teams in the overall NHL standings (points-wise), and the player transactions/moves that the contenders have made thus far (since the beginning of Feb):

1) Detroit - acquired Robert Lang.
2) Toronto - acquired Drake Berehowsky.
3) Tampa Bay - acquired Darryl Sydor.
4) Ottawa - acquired Peter Bondra, Rob Ray.
5) Philadelphia - acquired Alexei Zhamnov, Sean Burke, Branko Radivojevic.
6) Colorado - acquired Bob Boughner, Kurt Sauer, Darby Hendrickson.
7) Boston - acquired Sergei Gonchar.
8) Vancouver - acquired Peter Sarno.
9) San Jose - no acquisitions.
10) New Jersey - acquired Viktor Kozlov.

The Sharks, Canucks and Leafs have all been relatively quiet thus far - the Leafs did add an NHL-calibre player to their roster, mind you. I think the overriding theme here is that the elite teams are all gunning for a Cup run this year, especially with the lockout looming. But as it stands right now, all but three of the top 10 teams have significantly upgraded their talent base (or depth) heading into the post-season. Will the Canucks join the fray?

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't believe it the Bruins are finally trading for players instead of dumping them! Now hopefully the Rookie keeper holds up or the Cat will have to shine.

Parkhead

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reported on Sportsnet..............

Brian Leetch has been traded to the Leafs. Basically went for very little.

I have to say that if the Nucks do nothing Burke will eventually come out and blame management.........................players are moving for very very little and I just hope we do pick someone up.

John

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
players are moving for very very little and I just hope we do pick someone up
Just for the sake of it?

Honestly, of all the players moved so far, how many would actually be a good fit for the Nucks? Gonchar definitely but other than that... ?

~Regs.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Very little?

The New York Rangers have parted ways with one of the franchise's most celebrated players, trading veteran defenceman Brian Leetch to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for defenceman Maxim Kondratiev, forward Jarkko Immonen as well as Toronto's first-round pick in the 2004 Entry Draft and the team's second-round pick in 2005. Leetch, 36, has played 57 games for the Rangers this season collecting 36 points.
Too much for Brian Leetch.

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Just for the sake of it?

Honestly, of all the players moved so far, how many would actually be a good fit for the Nucks? Gonchar definitely but other than that... ?

~Regs.

That's the gamble in every trade, u dumbass. You really have no idea until the trade is finalized and the traded player plays with his new team. What in the name of god gives you any reason to say Gonchar would be a better fit than Leetch. I have heard some crap in my time Regs, but your last comment definetly takes the blue ribbon. I mean my god man, have you completely lost your mind.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leetch is way past his prime and has proved to be injury prone the last few seasons. Gonchar I think is 30 and is just peaking. He would fit better here than Leetch. But this is a moot point.

On another note, Nonis jus told fat Dan Russell that Jovo is 7-10 days away from a return to the lineup. He'll practice with the team on Monday.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't see Gonchar as a good fit in this line-up. I would see Sydor as a better fit...I don't think the 'Nucks need any more offensive d-men, especially if he is Gonchar, who has trouble finding his own blue line.

Here's a wild one: would Lindros be worthy of a draft pick and prospect?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Here's a wild one: would Lindros be worthy of a draft pick and prospect?

Please tell us you were drunk when you wrote this, please. You were just getting home from a night on the town right.

Lindros is not worth anything.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nashville Stocks Up!!!

The Nashville Predators have added more help for their postseason run, acquiring centre Sergei Zholtok and defenceman Brad Bombardir from the Minnesota Wild. In exchange, the Wild receive a third and a fourth round pick in the upcoming NHL Entry Draft...
A 3rd and 4th rounder is all that they gave up to get these guys...

Burkie must have something brewing, or he just dosen't care anymore.

Granted, these guys are not going to light up the net every night, but they would be nice to have on the bench, and the press box as insurance. At least we would look like we want to do something!

LucVanLierde

Not Bright
Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am now hearing that we are in talks with Columbus, something along the lines of bringing Cassels or Sanderson back. Good god

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
And it starts for Monday...

Rangers fire sale continues

Sportsnet has learned defenceman Vladmir Malakhov has been sent to the Philadelphia Flyers for a prospect and a draft pick.

Sportsnet.ca - The New York Rangers have dealt away another high-priced veteran.
Sportsnet has learned defenceman Vladmir Malakhov has been sent to the Philadelphia Flyers for a prospect and a draft pick.
Over the weekend the Flyers lost defenceman Joni Pitkanen and Chris Therien to injury. Defenceman Eric Desjardins, Dennis Seidenberg and Marcus Ragnarsson tare all on the shelf because of injury as well.
And the Rangers fire goes on....
Who's next? Rusinsky to Vancouver? Maybe?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0