Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NHL hit of the year

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still don't like the hit. Technically it's an okay hit. It's still predatory and that's what the league is trying to get rid of.

I'm not saying he needs to be suspended. I'm just saying I don't like it. Things have changed.

Kronwall will get his one day.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well if you go by what Shanny has been saying then he should get suspended. The principle point of contact is directly to the head of a defenseless player. I'd like to see him slow this down and explain why it isn't suspendable. What I hate about hits like this is that he could just as easily hit him a touch lower or to the side and he'll still put him on his ass. Then again Kronwall hits like a b*tch so maybe it isn't that easy. He's the first guy I see that turns his back on people. I'd love it if someone see the hit last second and plants his elbow into Kronwall's head.

This whole head down thing is stupid talk. If he's got his head down for me it's even easier to knock him down without trying to take said head off.

You want to see a solid hit then take a look at when Orpik hit that Boston player. I think it was Paille but not too sure. That was a good solid hit and he could have nailed him directly in the head but didn't.

elbowroom

Oct 26, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm just saying I don't like it. Things have changed.

The hit to the head looks like it hurt but it's the nature of the sport. (see Pat Quinn elbow on Bobby Orr)
I think you can clothes-line someone in Aussie Rules and in Hockey that would look ridiculous.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was what eb?...1960/70 something? That used to be okay then. You know what? Slapping your wife not kids around and slavery used to be okay too...but it's not anymore.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0