Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TTP Bookie NHL 2010 RND 2: GM6 Chicago @ Canucks 20100511

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatevs, I just couldn't believe you jumped on the Habs' bandwagon so quickly after the loss...That's all. It was nothing personal and fueled by several Dos Equis and Red Stripes...

I can't bring myself to cheer for any other team right now...:(

P.S. Thanks for not letting me lose sleep over it ;)

i haven't jumped on their wagon today just because canucks lost
i have been hoping they do well throughout the playoffs only because they are the only other canadian team in it, as i did with ottawa
canucks were my #1 choice obviously!
i was hoping and praying, like everyone else i am sure, to see a Canucks vs Canadiens final but that was a long shot...
I JUST WANT THE CUP IN CANADA!!!!!!!!

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, Why don't you all face the facts, that Canucks were way overrated. They finished 9 points behind the Hawks and played in a weaker division. It's funny how blind Canuck fans are to this. Sure I would have like the local team to go far, but come on they and Luongo were never that good. Oh, and don't give me that crap that Luongo won Olympic gold. Anyone put in net on that team would have done the same the rest of the way

Sep 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Phantom said:
Ok, Why don't you all face the facts, that Canucks were way overrated. They finished 9 points behind the Hawks and played in a weaker division. It's funny how blind Canuck fans are to this. Sure I would have like the local team to go far, but come on they and Luongo were never that good. Oh, and don't give me that crap that Luongo won Olympic gold. Anyone put in net on that team would have done the same the rest of the way

Must be a Toronto fan ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canucks needed to shore up their D after last year.

Did they do so?

Even if all healthy, I don't think this year's group was any better than last year.

I'm also leaning towards placing some blame on AV and the coaching staff. It was clear this team was lacking energy at crucial times in every game of the series. To go with only 3 lines every game pretty much when you knew Kesler wasn't 100% is perplexing.

For the off-season, I say use Raymond as trade bait for a top 4 D-man. Give SOB Bieksa's minutes and move Bieksa down the depth chart to 5th or 6th. Make Edler watch the first game vs LA everyday over the summer.

Keep Wellwood again. Say Thanks for the service Pavol, good luck in your future life.

Put Burrows on the top line and KEEP HIM THERE.

Count/hope on Grabner, Hodgson, and another rookie to play the whole year and stick to it.

Give the "C" to ? Anyone but Luongo.

That being all said, bet settled.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, and putting Salo out last night was a mistake, it looked painful for him to do anything. Is it possible Nycholat would have been worse than that? Our D had too much of a workload, especially with Edler going down early. No way you're going anywhere in the playoffs with 3 of your top 4 gone. Our D needs to be addressed, we have $4M to spend from Demitra, maybe the possibility to move a prospect with Grabner, Hodgson and even Schroeder expected to make a contribution next year. Or Schneider, I'm sure we should be able to get a defenceman for him.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I blame the game 6 bookie thread for the loss!!! :rolleyes:

Basically Luongo didn't step up to win it for his team!! Fine he needs help from his players as well, but when goalie's (especially in hockey) are on their game nothing can get by them... unfortunately Luongo wasn't on his game....

Not sure why they didn't dress 7 defensemen either if they were planning on suiting up Salo....

In the end it sucks they are out, but is anythnig going to change?? Not really. They will still sell out 41 games next year and make the playoffs and get 4 or 5 home games and make some $$$.... as for the Cup or having any type of dynasty?? A lot of work still ahead!!

Onto the EuroCup Qualifying..... :eek:

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nope not a Toronto fan, but definately a Bruins fan. Sorry Captain, but your flyers go down and out tonight.

Get rid of Luongo, bring in Schneider and use the money from Luongo to bring in a #1 D-man.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This isn't GM Mode in NHL'10 on PS3/Xbox Phantom...

who the hell in the NHL is going to take Luongo's contract at 60+ Mill till 2012?

and who would you get back in return in a trade?

It's not like they're going to buy him out. :rolleyes:

I really like the Nucks Core... i think they were let down by injuries and their own hype.
Having Salo (Mr. Glass) and Mitchell banged up all the time down the stretch and playoffs hurt.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This isn't GM Mode in NHL'10 on PS3/Xbox Phantom...

who the hell in the NHL is going to take Luongo's contract at 60+ Mill till 2012?

and who would you get back in return in a trade?

It's not like they're going to buy him out. :rolleyes:

I really like the Nucks Core... i think they were let down by injuries and their own hype.
Having Salo (Mr. Glass) and Mitchell banged up all the time down the stretch and playoffs hurt.

Or how about the fact he has a NTC and we couldn't move him anyway? Why do people keep on saying trade a guy that's untradeable?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
correction he has a weird NTC, after the fourth year (IIRC) there is a window where his contract can be changed or something as far as No Movement and No Trade... i think it's a club option during one off season or something strange.

I'd have to research it though, and I'm too lazy. ;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
correction he has a weird NTC, after the fourth year (IIRC) there is a window where his contract can be changed or something as far as No Movement and No Trade... i think it's a club option during one off season or something strange.

I'd have to research it though, and I'm too lazy. ;)

From what I remember, it was after 4 or 5, Luo had the option to look at removing his NTC and be dealt, and after 6 or 7 the Canucks then get the option. I know at some points there was a tradeoff

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0