Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

NFL Weekly Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
seahawks in playoffs?

well, it's basically all up to the Seahawks this weekend.
A win and they are basically in the playoffs. One catch, the Ravens or the Jets also have to lose.
Ravens play the Vikings, which they will probably win, assuring their spot in the playoffs.

However, the Jets play the stuggling Raiders, as of late. My prediction? Raiders still win, Seahawks in Playoffs(if they win) and Jets can go home.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seahawks won, but so did the Jets, beating the Raiders 24 - 22 on a last minute field goal.

up to the Ravens to lose today on Monday Night Football, or Seahawks are out.

San Fran romped the Saints 38-0 and look well on their way to the playoffs as they face Green Bay at home.

the Eagles and the Bucs had a pre-playoff matchup yesterday that was pretty boring because they played backups all game.

Bears and Rams with a bye in the first round.

AFC looks like this:
Miami Dolphins, Oakland Raiders and New York Jets are in but not decided who plays who until tonight's game.

Pittsburgh Steelers and New England earn first round byes.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My prediction for tonights game is that the Ravens will choke (hopefully). 24-17 in favour of the Vikings. I have been praying all week so hopefully they wont let me down.If the Seahawks make it to the playoffs, they will be my "sleeper" team to win it. Trent Dilfer is hot and they're on a big time roll. Too bad it takes an injury for that fat fcuk Holmgren to start Dilfer. 15-0 as a starter and he's on the bench:confused: :confused: gimme a fcuking break.

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ravens Win

The ravens won last night 19-3 over the vikings which means the seattle seahawks are out of the playoffs. Ravens played a great game defensivly and if the carry the momentum into the playoffs could be a team to upset some of the teams.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playoff schedule

This is the way it will look for this years playoffs.

Wild Card Weekend
Saturday, January 12
NFC -- Tampa Bay at Philadelphia, 4:30 pm ET (ABC)
AFC -- N.Y. Jets at Oakland, 8:00 pm ET (ABC)

Sunday, January 13
AFC -- Baltimore at Miami, 4:00 pm ET (CBS)
NFC -- San Francisco at Green Bay, 12:30 pm ET (FOX)

Divisional Playoffs
Saturday, January 19 & Sunday, January 20
AFC -- N.Y. Jets, Baltimore or Miami at Pittsburgh
AFC -- Baltimore, Miami or Oakland at New England
NFC -- Tampa Bay, San Francisco or Green Bay at St. Louis
NFC -- San Francisco, Green Bay or Philadelphia at Chicago

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coppertone, you don't have a fcuking clue!

The Ravens could upset some teams? Did you even watch last night's game? They are fcuking rubbish and without that defense would be 10 times worse.

Get your head outta your arse,

~TB.

brum

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
coppertone

Regs is right (did i say that). The Ravens played the shites last night in a fcuking brutal game. I dont care what string you are 1st,2nd or 3rd string QB you have to make those 20 yard passes and have a better QB rating than 20%.If Culpepper was playing and the Ravens "D" played the way they did last night the Seahawks would be on thier way to Oakland. As for the Ravens "upsetting" teams in the playoffs i just dont see that happening with the way Grbac is playing. All in all a brutal game to watch now i have to go with my second team Mcnabb and the Eagles..

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spergon Wynn is the worst QB I've ever seen play at the NFL level. He just about killed Chamberlain with some of those passes into double coverage last night. The Seahawks got fcuked by a Vikings team full of has-beens and never-wills (yeah, that's you Randy Moss)

The Ravens offense is terrible. I don't know how Grbac went to the pro bowl last season - he's immobile and doesn't seem all that comfortable in the pocket. Granted, he's got no running game to spell him off and other than Sharpe (Brandon Stokley is an overrated, one-dimensional bitch of a player), he doesn't have much in the way of recievers.

Mind you, I don't think anybody really wants to face Ray Lewis and Co. in the playoffs. Defense can do a lot of things in the post-season. Just look at last year.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
little off topic

I know this a little off topic, but just talking about future quarterbacks. I know that Wynn sucked it up last night, but his is a rookie with minimum playing and snap time.

But the person I wanted to talk about that has amazed me, even though they didn't make the playoffs, is Micheal Vick, the quarterback for Atlanta Falcons.
Has anybody seen this guy play, my god he's gonna be awesome. He makes rookie mistakes (expected) but this kid has a cannon of a arm, he's a lefty and the best part is he is the fastest guy I have ever seen play football. He cuts in and out like a running back and never slides, takes the hit. Look for the name "Vick" in the future.

Predictions: If San Fran doesn't have to face the Rams, 49ers = Superbowl:)

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, NFL playoffs underway today!

First game of the day, Eagles vs. Bucs and boy did the Eagles let them have it. Didn't get a chance to see the whole game (playing soccer), but 4 interceptions by the Eagles propelled them to a 31-9 bashing of the Bucs.

The Eagles are off to Soldier Field next week to face the Bears.

Second game of the day, Oakland Raiders vs. NY Jets. Second half underway and Raiders leading 16-10.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
playoffs

Well the wildcard weekend is over and the next matchups are set.

Green Bay Packers defeated the San Francisco 49ers in a tough match to the end 25-15. The Baltimore Ravens defeated the Miami Dolphins in a great defensive show by the Ravens 20-3.

Next weekend,
AFC
Pittsburgh Steelers face the Ravens.
New England Patriots vs Oakland Raiders
NFC
Chicago Bears vs Philedalphia Eagles
St. Louis Rams vs Green Bay Packers

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Pittsburgh 10 Ravens 6 - This game will be a great defensive game. Both teams have great defences, but the Steeler offence will get a TD from Jerome Bettis

New England 35 Oakland 31 - This game will be a high scoring game with Gannon throwing two picks to cost oakland the game.

Philadelphia 13 Chicago 21 - The Bears will come out with a big win and the score will not tell the whole story. Chicago will control the game from finish to end.

St Louis 28 Green Bay 24 - Will be a closer game then the lines say, but the rams will squeak this one out.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How Long????

Coppertone,

How long is it from finish to end?;)

Steelers 13 Ravens 9 - Defence and special teams will decide it. The Bus vs The Goose should be the best battle.

New England 21 Oakland 38 - Brady hasn't played a playoff game before and Chucky will have his team ready for the war.

Rams 38 Packers 28 - It's not the greatest show on earth for no reason. Favre will try to keep them in it but they don't have a good enough defence to hold on.

DA BEARS 17 eagles 10 - Bears will have the ball for 42 mins and pound the eagles all game. Special teams and turnovers will be dominated by DA BEARS.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love the predictions you guys, great scores and great results. Should be a great weekend.

Only difference I might put in is the Ravens. Don't be suprised if they knock off the Steelers. Ravens have been there before, know what it takes and, even though not the greatest of QB's, an experienced Grbac knows the ropes.

The Steelers are a great team, great defence, but I believe that the inexperience of Kordell Stewart in playoffs game will hurt them in the end.

Prediction: Ravens 16 - Steelers 10:cool:

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
my predictions were wrong

well, i guess i was wrong.

Eagles continued their streak by destroying the Bears 33 - 19. Damage was done early as the Eagles defence took out Bears QB (Miller) by separating his shoulder.

One of the best and most controversal finishes to a playoff game I have ever seen came in the Patriots vs Raiders game. With 2 minutes left in the game, Oakland up by a field goal, hit Brady and he fumbled which Raiders recovered. However, the refs reviewed the play and called it an incomplete pass! Went to overtime and Patriots kick a field goal to win 16 - 13.

The Rams dominated The Packers surprisingly with their defence, returning 3 of Favre's 6 interceptions for TD's. Final score Rams win 45 - 17.

Steelers and Ravens. Simply put, Ravens got their ass kicked. Bad offense, average defence and it was the special teams that kept them in it. The Steelers were awesome, especially Stewart who played extremely well. Final, Steelers 27 - Ravens 10.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next week

Next week matchups

New England Patriots vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Philedalphia Eagles vs St. Louis Rams

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No scores but......

Did anyone see the kit that Ray Lewis was wearing in the post-game interview? Pimpin' ain't easy....... What a fcuking putz.

Captain

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

Patriots 17 Pittsburgh 28 ( Eventhough I am a Patriots fan I don't think Brady has what it take to get them to the superbowl. Maybe they will start Bledsoe:rolleyes: )

Pittsburgh 3 St Louis 42 ( The St Louis offence is going to kill the Eagles. They are just to strong to bet agaisnt right know.)

If these predictions come through it would be a great superbowl!

soccerplayer13

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
pittspurgh 13 - patriots 10 very close game but the steelers will make a tremendous comeback and play great defence and beat the patriots!

phlly 16 - rams 14 philly will have a great game this weekend against the rams. the rams will be having a great game until the fourth quarter and the eagles will just explode, they will try the two point conversion with 3 minutes left (to go up by one 15-14) but they will miss it. kurt warner will through his fourth interception of the game and the eagles will kick a desperation field goal from 47 yards out and they will win the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0