Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New stuff on Shaw Cable

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tomorrow August 23 we should be getting 10 new CDN SD Timeshifts. They will be on Free Preview until September 26.

They are;

CTV BC
CTV Calgary
CTV Winnipeg
CTV Toronto
Global Edmonton
Global Toronto
CBC Ottawa
City Tv Toronto
ATV Halifax
NTV Newfoundland

After September 26 they will be $3.95 per month, and apparently the American SD channels will remain free.

The New HD Channels
HD Plus $9.00 a month (Current Customers can have it free till Dec 31, 2006)

Discovery HD
CTV HD East
A&E HD
TSN HD
Sportnet HD
National Geographic HD
Showcase HD

The Other HD Channels will remain free, and you need MC SD to get MC HD.

The HD channels do not have a set launch date, and they will be soft launched from now till November, so if you don't see this channels tomorrow, that may be why, your area is not ready for them yet.
Timeshifts will be cool.

Not entirely happy learning that the 2 sports channels in HD are going to a pay package :mad: Wouldn't mind if it meant I could drop some of the lower tiers that I barely even watch or if the actual HD picture quality wasn't dropping on what seems like, a daily basis.

Now if we could only get GolTV and the new yet-to-be-launch Soccer Channel!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Timeshifts will be cool.

Not entirely happy learning that the 2 sports channels in HD are going to a pay package :mad: Wouldn't mind if it meant I could drop some of the lower tiers that I barely even watch or if the actual HD picture quality wasn't dropping on what seems like, a daily basis.

Now if we could only get GolTV and the new yet-to-be-launch Soccer Channel!

Got those online.....GoalTV1 and GoalTV2. :)

And MLB....and ESPN......:D

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
...or if the actual HD picture quality wasn't dropping on what seems like, a daily basis.
The more HD content that gets added, the more compression that will take place with existing HD feeds. I think Shaw and other cable providers are licensed for 19Mbps. Apparently there is supposed to be some further adoption of MPEG4 that tops MPEG2 for quailty/compression.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I certainly hope so because I don't have a choice right now on providers... :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0