Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Computer

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since I know there's plenty of computer wisdom here, I need some help. Getting a new computer as my 2005 Dell is starting to show its age. Looking for options. All we basically use our computer for is music, movies and pictures and surfing the internet, which I've heard means go for the iMac. If I do, is it as easy as transferring all my other stuff to an external harddrive and then moving it onto the Mac? Or should I be going PC again?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since I know there's plenty of computer wisdom here, I need some help. Getting a new computer as my 2005 Dell is starting to show its age. Looking for options. All we basically use our computer for is music, movies and pictures and surfing the internet, which I've heard means go for the iMac. If I do, is it as easy as transferring all my other stuff to an external harddrive and then moving it onto the Mac? Or should I be going PC again?

Mac will spend 3-4 times what u would for pc.. I use both.. Mac by far more powerful and reliable for what i use it for (graphic Design) Business side is all done with pc (invoicing etc..)

browsers are not yet there for mac....

most apps are now interchangeable between both

For what u want stick with pc and with the money saved buy an i-pad

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not really concerned about the money issue, more about ease of use for and problems for what I use my computer for.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
For your needs bro I say bite the bullet and go Mac. I went Mac * years ago and haven't looked back since.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
my experience tells me to stay away from DELL, big box stores and MDG Computers

I found a good independent dealer. His location is inconvienient for me but product is good

Mike's Computer Shop

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
your problem before was buying Dell

I have to say, I was skeptical at first but it has been the best computer experience I've had. Since 2005 I have had exactly 0 issues with it. No crashes, viruses or anything. Very odd considering the all the crap I download.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to say, I was skeptical at first but it has been the best computer experience I've had. Since 2005 I have had exactly 0 issues with it. No crashes, viruses or anything. Very odd considering the all the crap I download.

Your lucky you never had to deal with customer support...

start here if u are serious

iMac - Apple Store (Canada)

build to order and take to mac station

WARNING: prices listed are base prices and escalate quickly but this is no issue for u shady italian mafia types:D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Something to remember is all the software you have purchased for your PC, will have to be purchased again for a Mac, rather than just installing it again on the new PC.

I think one of the real reasons more people dont switch.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well I bit the bullet and went and got the iMac last night. Wish I switched earlier. I don't have any software or anything as my computer needs are pretty basic, so the only big job was putting all the music, pictures, movies onto an external hardrive and move them onto the Mac. Luckily my PC still works, as I do have some stuff on Word and Excel that can't be transferred yet (don't have iWork) so that seems to be the only inconvenience so far. Other than that, she's a beaut.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yessssssss another convert! Welcome to the club Stall...PS here is a neat thing. You can make appointments with a Mac "genius" @ the dt store and they will give you FREE tutorials on anything you want. Hope you enjoy your new 'puter!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yessssssss another convert! Welcome to the club Stall...PS here is a neat thing. You can make appointments with a Mac "genius" @ the dt store and they will give you FREE tutorials on anything you want. Hope you enjoy your new 'puter!

Apparently Simply Computing has something along the same lines too.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0