Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Netflix: Making a Murderer "SPOILERS"

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just finished watching Making a Murderer, have you seen it? If so whats your take? This is quite the docu series. Personally I can honestly say I don't know if he did it or not. The case itself was a gross misconduct of police judgement and dare I say "miraculous" mistakes. I can't say he didn't do it, but from what I have seen, they couldn't prove he did it beyond a reasonable doubt. There is way to much circumstantial evidence that just doesn't add up. The same with Brenden Dassey. Definitely makes you think.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seen it. It was interesting however there was a lot left out of the series on evidence. If I take the 10 episodes in account then I would rule not guilty that you stated above due to so much corrupt tampering

One question left unanswered was did Branden get to watch Wrestlemania

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
She's full of shite and totally unreliable. Also I'm sure trying to make a quick buck. There is just so much corruption involved in this whole thing that I don't know how he can't get a new trial. I have no idea if he did it or not but there should be a retrial based on what was clearly tampering with evidence by the police. My buddy is a lawyer and just can't believe the stuff that went on. Said in Canada their would definetly be quite a few involved being disbarred for their conduct.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was in the same camp - the series makes you go, "are you kidding me?" But, there was so much missing. Like, how does a 16 year old kid giving those kinds of confessions without a lawyer not get that thrown out? And how holy stupid are that whole clan? You have to know that the Averys is some serious imbreads. They would have likely imploded soon anyways. The kid is so unbelievably stupid, it was just hard to watch. And what on God's earth was the mother doing during all of this? My boss is from that County and talks just like them - it is spooky.

If he didn't do it, who did? My money is on Brendan's older brother (bow hunter) and the step father who saw the 10' fire (or was it 3 feet?).

Did anyone else want to punch the DA right in the beak?

I am putting 3:1 odds that Avery senior puts a bullet in some of these people before he kicks it. Hell, why not.

Anyone have a crush on Steven's mother? Yoda - she is a prime Biggus Lippus candidate.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So legally an alternate theory or perpetrator can not be presented in MI so the show didn't really explore but when you look at those closest to the victim the two that stick out are the brother and the ex-boyfriend. Both had a creepy feel.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's definitely a family member although the ex boyfriend didn't feel right either. Don't underestimate the Matriarch of the family though, the whiley old broad probably cleaned up the mess. She would do anything for her boys.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Binge watched since this thread started and finished the last episode last night.
So many questions about everything.
How does a jury go from 7 having a reasonable doubt to everyone saying guilty (according to the dude excused)? Why did the defense at that time not opt/push for a mistrial?
How did the judge allow as much as he did to be presented - I get that probably a bunch of stuff was edited out but still, the judge seemed way too prosecutor friendly.

Reading some of the follow-up articles online and in the Avery trial, the prosecution says the murder happened in the garage but in the kid's trial they said it occurred in the bedroom - how can that even be allowed?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Binge watched since this thread started and finished the last episode last night.
So many questions about everything.
How does a jury go from 7 having a reasonable doubt to everyone saying guilty (according to the dude excused)? Why did the defense at that time not opt/push for a mistrial?
How did the judge allow as much as he did to be presented - I get that probably a bunch of stuff was edited out but still, the judge seemed way too prosecutor friendly.

Reading some of the follow-up articles online and in the Avery trial, the prosecution says the murder happened in the garage but in the kid's trial they said it occurred in the bedroom - how can that even be allowed?
From what it sounds like it was easier for the jurors to come to the guilty verdict out of fear of something happening to them. The Judge said Dassey showed no signs of mental problems or learning issues, HAVE YOU TALKED TO THE KID? I'm no doctor but you can tell the kid has issues.
How does a key have only Avery's DNA on it, yet she used it every day?
If the murder was committed in the bedroom, where is the blood?
Or if in the garage, where is the blood?
The syringe hole in the blood vial and the evidence box opened, really?
This has mistrial all over it, even the video I posted above, it seems like it could be true, but this is just so backwards its almost scary. I don't think these guys will ever get out of jail. Dassey maybe, he may stand a chance of some sort of federal over turn, but I don't think Avery will ever get out, innocent or not, it would be to much of a black mark on the state that they wouldn't allow it.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
How does a jury go from 7 having a reasonable doubt to everyone saying guilty (according to the dude excused)?

It all depends on who is in the jury. I was on a jury for a rape trial. Very long story, very short. The guy completely raped her, but there were no witnesses, so it was his word against hers. When we went into the room to decide, it was chaos as there is no process to follow. The judge says you must find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt (wtf is that?). Well, when we got into our room, 10 conversations of chaos broke out. After 10 minutes of this, I asked everyone if we could do a blind vote right now to see where everyone was at. 2 people Guilty (me and someone else) and 10 not guilty. I then asked if we could go around the room and each person say what was concerning us (or why not guilty) and also said that no one was to interrupt or say anything. I was then writing down each person's objection. Then when that was done, I wrote them up on a board and we discussed each one. I then figured out who the other person was who thought guilty and withough discussing it, we worked the crowd to overcome objections. Sure enough people had forgotten various details, but as a group we put all the concerns to bed except one. The girl had a 2 minute opportunity to run away, but she froze. A lot of people found this strange. Then, one of the jurors started crying. She then recounted a hard time in her life (she had never told anyone to that day about this) as a teenager when her boyfriend raped her. She also had a chance to flee, but didn't as she felt she felt she had brought it on by her actions, and then she felt very ashamed. We got a unanimous vote 12-0, GUILTY. So, it all depends on the persuasiveness and conviction of the jury members.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
To me that's a part of the problem with the process. You get one or two dominant or convincing people and they can steer the ship in any direction. I mean how hard would it be to convince any of the simpletons on that jury which way to vote.

What really frustrates me is the prosecution for months leading up to the trial having press conferences about averys guilt and him being a monster. How do you get a fair trial after that. How about the police chiefs response to Avery being proven innocent of his first crime after 18 years, "I'm not convinced". Well the DNA proved it, "so it says". Not sure the exact quotes but something along those lines. I mean these guys just hate Avery so much that they would do anything to put Avery away. Just frustrating, I just hope he's guilty as man I can't imagine doing that twice to a person.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since human's memories are so fallible, why can't the system capture "facts" during the testimony so they can go up on the wall in their decision room? I swear many judgements are made that did not remember critical testimony - ADHD makes me think of skiing, hot babes from high school and that hot babe who is transcribing - oh, what was that? I mean for Chist's sake, even FIFA moved forward with goal line technology

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0