Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

National Rankings

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

Gurps is obviously very knowledgable about the game. You were obviously looking to start another "lets piss on Croatia campaign."

As far as National rankings go I would say that the VMSL would easily have 10 teams (if not more) in the top 20 accross the Nation. Victoria Gorge would be included also. Ontario has the CPSL that is supposed to be a semi-pro league and I know from what Tommy Babic and Bronco have told us (they played their), it is really no comparison to the VMSL. The quality over there is just slightly better than div 1 here. Alberta has a top Provincial League in which Lethbridge Croatia plays in and from what we know of Lethbridge from the Western Canadian Croatian tourneys is that they would be a good div 1 team so the best league in Canada right now is the VMSL. The only sad part is what Jonsey pointed out, that their are very few good young players coming through. most of the better teams are filled with the old school players.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK

How would you rank PG CROATIA. As for the love in between me and the croatian team, well, I just tell it like it is. I have watched a few premier games and for a team to go unbeaten for 11 games in the premier says something. As for the national circuit, that is pretty amazing that the best league in Ontario would only compare to Div 1 here. I would have thought with the population there that the league would have been tremendous. 10 out of the top 20 across Canada would be from the VMSl. Says something about the league. CDK, are you implying that perhaps you guys are the best team in the country with a full lineup?;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

When exactly did CDK's Mom sign up for TTP under the name "Gurps"? :confused:

Mrs. CDK- it isn't too hard to figure out why we have the best league: we play outside all year. :rolleyes:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, Gurps. Vancouver Croatia would be up there. I would probably have Westside ahead of them if I had no connections to the club but only because Croatia hasn't beaten them in years.

Top teams this year from what I saw:

1.Croatia:) (skill)
2.Westside (punt to the strong the forwards they have)
3.Peg (talent)
4.Slurrey (runners and luck)

Mtro-Ford, Argentina, Indo and Inter have some very talented players and could actually make games entertaining with great soccer.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?

Mrs. CDK- it isn't too hard to figure out why we have the best league: we play outside all year. :rolleyes:

Just because you play outside all year does not mean the gap should be that wide. The Ontario leagues draw from large populations, which in theory should offset our longer season. As for me being MRS CDK, well like a wise man once said,
"Tell it like it is, not how it should be:D " I have no bias here, I am just trying to figure out how a team went unbeaten for 11 games?
So far, no has given me an answer. If a team goes unbeaten in 11 games in the best league in the country (due to a long playing season), wouldn't they be one of the best in the country? Wow, that sounds like something from my the Philosophy class I took at SFU. Don't take it, it is not easy.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, that sounds like something from my the Philosophy class I took at SFU. Don't take it, it is not easy.
Nor is it useful.

Ma'am,

It really is that simple. We have the advantage of being able to get more quality playing time and training on the best surfaces available in the country. I don't care that Ontario has 10x the population to draw from- if the players can't get as much quality time getting touches on the ball, they won't develop as much as the players who do.

To chime in on Croatia, I think part of their continued success has a lot to do with the fact that the best players consistently return to the club to play. If the other larger clubs consistently had their best products coming back to play (i.e.: Metro Ford, SFC), they would consistently have the very best teams in the Nation. As much as I hate to give Croatia any complements, the loyalty is to be commended.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Players

Why do other teams have such a difficult time bringing back players? Granted, the ethnic teams will draw the same players, but why don't the other clubs. Its not like people are moving to Ontario for better soccer:D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ethnic Teams

Croatians who want to play on a team that has the majority of players who are Croatian, really only have one choice, that being Croatia FC.

As an Italian, there are two different premier teams that one could join, thus bringing the skill level down on both teams.

If there were only One Ethnic Italian team, I feel we would having a better showing year after year.

Am I making any sense????
:confused:

Can someone explain to me what I was trying to get across????

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1.Croatia (skill)
2.Westside (punt to the strong the forwards they have)
3.Peg (talent)
4.Slurrey (runners and luck)
You forgot protests :D

Just because you didn't lose in 11 doesn't make you the best team in the league and or country. To put your pathetic streak into perspective Surrey U went undefeated in 14 last year. Our only loss coming to Inter in the Imperial Cup Finial. .Then our quick exit from the Provincials. :rolleyes:

Why would 11 games undefeated make you the best? It's an honest question with no piss take intended. Croatia on it's day is a good team, but honestly I don't fear them anymore than Burnaby or Inter. If fact muckers like Sapp and BBY give us way more headache than the Crotes

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zarruni

Who is the other Italian team. There is Inter, and are you talking about AC Milan, who were promoted from Div1? You have a good point for one strong Italian team. However, the same could be said for Indo. There are alot of good Indo-Canadian players out there. Unfortunately, they play on different teams. As the population of an ethnic group grows, so do the teams. I think because the Croatian community is smaller than Italian and East Indian community it makes it easier for them to keep there players on one team. Bye the way are you a mangacake? An Italian friend of mind taught me that.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini isn't a mangacake.

He's a mangacoffetruckeggsandwich.

Which is fcuking disgusting by the way.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps

With a name like Zaurrini...
But I heard Mac Zaurrini is!

Yes, I agree their are a lot of quality Indo-Cdn players out there, but there is only ONE quality team, and they found themeselves in First Div next year.

as for Croatians, there population is not that small, and I think their success is due to the fact that they are very organized when it comes to the development of their teams...
Ie Their is only one Croatia Football CLUB!
many teams, from different divisions....
....you dont hear of someone starting Zagreb FC...

my point may be moot , but it is one that needs a thought or two.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One club

Yeah you are right, they do only have one club with different teams. I like that idea because it gives players on the lower clubs something to shoot for. With East Indian teams, however, the club system is now rooted with many different clubs. It would be impossible to align them. Right now with the kids, I know of the following clubs
Sikh Temple, Shooting Stars, Van United, Abbotsford United and Abbotsford SC, plus more. These are only the ones I rememeber. There is also GN, Akal. Maybe more. So, it is too late for us. Besides, I dont think all the Italians would want one club anyways. Based on the Italian Tournament thread comments, I think it wouldn't last long.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
unbeaten

Didn't Pegasus also go unbeaten in 11 consecutive games this year? I think that included 10 straight wins.

~TB.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0