Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct '06 - Feb '07

Status
Not open for further replies.

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yesterday's game has got to go down on record as one of the tamest coquitlam vs. surrey matches ever. Seriously, what was wrong with us. Little to no bitching and moaning, have you all gone changing on me while I've been away (single tear)?

Really I just wanted to write something, this has got to be the lamest thread going. Don't you people play any games? No results? Nothing?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Bastard said:
What was the score of the Slurrey-Coquitlam game?
It ended 1-1 after 90 minutes and then because it was a cup game it went straight to PK's which ended 4-2 for Surrey. Surrey scored all 4 of their PK's while Coquitlam was stopped twice by the Surrey keeper.

Game really should have been over midway through the second half as Surrey had four golden scoring opportunities when already leading 1-0 but poor finishing and Gademans making some good saves were the difference. Coquitlam scored in the last two minutes to tie it after a scrambly play where Surrey had a 3 on 1 but inexplicably gave up possession. Disappointing to not get the regulation win but at least we came through in the PK's.

BTW, I heard a rumour that the top 2 teams in each pool go through to the semis of this League Cup this year. But in the last few years, it's only been the winners of each pool meeting in the final. Anyone know what the process is for 2007? :confused:

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nutmegs,

I heard the same thing. Top 2 teams from each pool advance. IMO that makes a lot more sense, and it also gives teams an extra game, seeing as we've played a grand total of 8 all year long:eek:

WW

Kage

Oct 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was trying really hard to keep quiet but I just can't have people thinking that Nutmegs recap of the game was completly accurate. I still love you Megs but I had to step in. :)

Just like K-Vale said, the game was one of the most tame and unemotional games played between our two teams...it was actually kinda refreshing to just play soccer....but, it probably had something to do with the absence of quite a few players missing from both teams. The game went back and forth regarding possession for the full 90 and deserved to end as a tie in my opinion....Surrey may have made our keeper make a few more saves but there were definitely chances created by both teams.

Props to Surrey for burying their PK's and for T in net...guess we're gonna have to get on practicing those asap!! Looking forward to playing another good competitve game against ya since that only counted for the infamous "cup" that we play.

Later,
Kage :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0