Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct '06 - Feb '07

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
New month, new thread.

Discussion from choker and WW has dropped off. Where are you girls?

I miss you. :(

:p

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter - October 2006

nutmegs said:
New month, new thread.

Discussion from choker and WW has dropped off. Where are you girls?

I miss you. :(

:p

Yo right here! good luck at nationals.. hopefully you will be all tired for your next league game ha

we played richmond on the weekend at our lovely home field.. not a bad start for a new team, although we now have to play the BIG 3.. ouch

choker

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anybody notice that Trinity Western Titans have been moved to the '30+ Classics A' Pool:confused: Just curious what that's about

CHAB

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

How come they didn't get booted down to div 3 like poor Bravedart and his Semi crew when they were put into premier a couple years ago?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

One Dart said:
How come they didn't get booted down to div 3 like poor Bravedart and his Semi crew when they were put into premier a couple years ago?

Probably because Bravedart's crew wasn't over 30. :D ;)

Another league decision which accommodates a friend of a friend of a friend.

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Trinity's average age is about 18. Over 30's is a ridiculous idea for this team. Div. 2 or 3 would of been a much better choice. I'm sure the women in over 30 are going to really enjoy chasing down their daughters on the field. Excellent work mccormack!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

lionheart said:
Trinity's average age is about 18. Over 30's is a ridiculous idea for this team. Div. 2 or 3 would of been a much better choice. I'm sure the women in over 30 are going to really enjoy chasing down their daughters on the field. Excellent work mccormack!

Seriously, they're all YOUNG? WTF is going on? :mad;

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

So the question must be asked... Why the hell were they put in Premier in the first place? Does the League executive have so little understanding of the caliber of their own league that they thought this team would compete in Premier?

But of course, to be perfectly honest, all of you guys (being your teams) vote for this executive. They didn't elect themselves.

Until the teams take ownership of their league - and by that I mean, actually give a damn beforehand, as opposed to after - this is the kind of stuff that will continue to go on. And this is particularly the case with the Premier division, which has been horribly mismanaged for the past several years.

Of all the people that come on this board and rant away, how many of them have actually attended the AGM - let alone stood for election?

I am not criticizing anyone - some people just want to play the game on the field, not off it, and I respect that, but what happens or is said on TTP will not induce change in the MWSL. Sorry.

FB out.

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not only did they do that, but they put 2 u21 teams in div 4 then moved them back to u21 and put a classics team into div 4 looks like they get to bring their points with them puts them in first place even tho they haven't played any of us--- and with the no slide tackling in the other 2 div 4 pools how is that going to work come playoff time and there is a crossover when half of us can slide tackle and the other half can't,, nice work
i vote for striker

JAZZIE

Sep 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just a quick note. It seems and I know it is still early in the season, but the league seems to be a lot more evenly matched this season. Nice to see! :knvb:
It was something different to play in the rain though. Hasn't happened to me in a while.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Been a little quiet on this thread lately. :( So here's my nice long summary of the month of October. :D

Things have been interesting in the Premier league as of late with a few upsets and ties to make things interesting. I think both Surrey and Coquitlam are feeling the effects of both teams being in the National final and Pegasus Alumni FC are taking advantage of that.

After a 1-0 victory over Coquitlam (on an own goal), Alumni is the only undefeated team, first in the league and leading Surrey and Coq by at least 7 points.

Westside has made a great comeback and currently sits in second place. They pulled off two big upsets beating an undermanned Surrey team in the first week and then upsetting a tired Coquitlam team 6 days after Nationals. ;)

Surrey got things back on track yesterday with a 2-0 win over Westside which could have been much more if yours truly could have buried the breakaway chance and the diving header that hit the crossbar. We also missed 2 other open nets and countless chances while Westside had one partial breakaway chance that went over the bar.

West Van is currently tied with Coquitlam for 4th place and had a bye this past weekend. Their last two weekends have been a tale of two teams - the weekend after Nationals, they pulled out a surprise tie against Surrey (although the field, the ref, and admittedly Surrey were awful on that day;) ), but then they got thumped by Alumni 5-0 (MWSL website score, could've been more :rolleyes: ) one week later. :eek:

The other two teams in the league, Richmond and North Van are battling it out for last place with Norvan taking the lead after a 1-0 victory on Friday night. I'm not too surprised about Norvan's play since the team was a last minute change/addition but I thought Richmond would fair a little better.

All this should make for an interesting month of November. Can Alumni stay undefeated or will they drop some points and let the other big two catch up? Will Westside continue with their surprising upsets? I will say that some of the teams in Premier have improved while Coquitlam, Surrey and Alumni have struggled with numbers this year (due to injuries or other committmets). But I still think that those teams will finish in the top three by the end of the season and be the strongest contenders for the Provincial Cup.

Any other opinions on the season so far? :)

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gotta love those Pegasus Alumni Girls!

I think the next time they play the Surrey U team we make it a Friday Night Special out in the quiet confines of Newton.

It must be the two teams sharing the field on Weds nights with the Rangers lads.:rolleyes:

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coach said:
I think the next time they play the Surrey U team we make it a Friday Night Special out in the quiet confines of Newton.

Actually your new best friends haven't played Surrey U yet - that's why they're still undefeated. ;)

The first time they play the newly crowned National Champs will be Sunday November 26th at 10am. I'm sure lots of the Rangers will be out to support their ladies team at that time. :rolleyes:

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct & Nov 2006

Attention ALL TEAMS......Aldergrove sliders is collecting socks,hat's,blankets,mitten's and scraves for the homeless.If you have anything to give it may be used as long as it is washed no problem please bring what you have to any game we will be playing against you before the end of the year.If we dont play you please contact me below and I will set up a collection day/night. Thanks so much and remember it doesnt have to be new just something you dont use any more so dont toss it pass it on. Cheers!
andreata@shaw.ca

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Premier] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct - Dec 2006

Well, it looks like two of the three Premier Women's games on the schedule are a go this weekend.

The battle of the North Shore - West Van vs Norvan and Richmond at Surrey.

I figured the Cloverdale grass field would be open since it has such good drainage but I'm a little surprised that the North Shore grass field is open. I'm also not sure if I'm happy that all the snow has melted. I was kinda hoping for no more games until the new year especially considering I haven't touched a ball in 3 weeks. :D

Anyways, my predictions for tomorrow:

Surrey 3 Richmond 0

West Van 3 Norvan 1

larssonforever

Dec 9, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just so that you all know. As the coach of the TWU Titans thsi is what I know about our season. I noticed there were a few strings of questions regarding some aspects of our season. Hope this helps. The Trinity Western Titans asked to be placed in a lower division at the start of the season. We were told the premier div is where we were going to be placed. Once they realised that we knew our team better than they did. There was no div that offered an easy schedule switch as the 30+. Thats why we are there. It just meant the least amount of shuffling of schedules. Believe you me, we aren't pleased with it either. Hopefully we will be in an appropriate div. next year.Just thought I would clear some things up.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

larssonforever said:
Just so that you all know. As the coach of the TWU Titans thsi is what I know about our season. I noticed there were a few strings of questions regarding some aspects of our season. Hope this helps. The Trinity Western Titans asked to be placed in a lower division at the start of the season. We were told the premier div is where we were going to be placed. Once they realised that we knew our team better than they did. There was no div that offered an easy schedule switch as the 30+. Thats why we are there. It just meant the least amount of shuffling of schedules. Believe you me, we aren't pleased with it either. Hopefully we will be in an appropriate div. next year.Just thought I would clear some things up.

Welcome aboard, Larssonforever, and that's a great moniker. :D

Come on the Hoops

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
Anyways, my predictions:

Surrey 3 Richmond 0

West Van 3 Norvan 1

So I was wrong on both predictions, the battle of the North Shore was cancelled - not sure why - and the Surrey-Richmond game was more one-sided than I thought it would be. Just triple what I had originally predicted. :eek:

Richmond kept playing thoughout the game despite the score which is a compliment to them. Surrey had one national team player available and subs for the first time in months, everything they touched seemed to go in, and Richmond didn't have their full-time goalie in net. Nice to see that SU is back in the top 3 of the standings after a slow start to the season - k-vale that should ease your worries a little. ;)

Enjoy the holiday break everyone and best wishes to you and your families. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can we assume that Richmond is going to drop down to the Selects level next year? :confused: 9 - 0.......ouch.........:(

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

This post is for Regs who it seems is missing me. ;)

First weekend of games for the Premier teams since early December and all were played except for ours thanks to the ref Kevin (aka "Pipes") who didn't want to wait 20-30 minutes for our field to defrost a little. I was really pissed when I found out that the Masters game scheduled for the same time on another field went ahead and that their field wasn't that bad. :mad:

Other games saw Westside get a 0-0 draw at Coquitlam - great result for Westside who seem to be quite the threat this year - and a not so surprising 3-0 victory for Surrey FC Alumni over Norvan.

Schedule is up for this weekend's games and thank God ours doesn't conflict with Super Bowl unlike poor Westside-Norvan and Coquitlam-West Van. :D

Although another weekend could go up in smoke if the weather gets cold and snows on the weekend as some are reporting. :rolleyes:

BTW, did anyone else notice that West Van has 3 games this weekend - Friday night in Richmond, Sunday against Coquitlam and Monday night against Westside? How insane is that? :eek: Have fun ladies - no games for like 2 months and then 3 in one weekend - the best way to get back into game shape or get really injured. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0