Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Prediction, Results & Banter - March & April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Premier] Prediction, Results & Banter - March 2006

Any word as to when the Provincial Cup schedule will be posted?? Good luck to both Surrey and Coquitlam this weekend. Hopefully it is a really good game and the weather is really nice!!

WW

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

choker said:
yah I felt bad though, I ran really hard to get there, and next thing I know she fell.....

I thought Norvan played well with the ball on the ground.. I also enjoyed playing in the game. What a great night for a game, not too chilly..

Good luck to both team this weekend, I wish we were playing but now we have to look ahead to provincials.

choke
What a fitting way to end your post - I would say that one word sums up the game. ;) And you totally hacked her, choker, I can't believe you didn't get a card. :D
Welcome Wagon said:
Any word as to when the Provincial Cup schedule will be posted??
Draw for provincial cup is April 3 (I believe).

I'm surprised no one from Norvan complained about the tying goal - I thought for sure Funbox would be on here claiming she had possession before it was kicked out of her hands.:eek:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
I thought for sure Funbox would be on here claiming she had possession before it was kicked out of her hands.:eek:
The truth shall set her free. :D

Attachments

• 2006-03-28 - Coquitlam City FC 3-2 Norvan FC 053.jpg
    2006-03-28 - Coquitlam City FC 3-2 Norvan FC 053.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 2006-03-28 - Coquitlam City FC 3-2 Norvan FC 054.jpg
    2006-03-28 - Coquitlam City FC 3-2 Norvan FC 054.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 2006-03-28 - Coquitlam City FC 3-2 Norvan FC 055.jpg
    2006-03-28 - Coquitlam City FC 3-2 Norvan FC 055.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 92

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
What a fitting way to end your post - I would say that one word sums up the game. ;) And you totally hacked her, choker, I can't believe you didn't get a card. :D

As far as I was concerned, it was no worse than some of the fouls that were committed by Coquitlam that went uncalled. Not to blame the ref on the loss, as a ref is never the sole reason for a loss, but he sucked. I know both teams were not impressed with him at all. As RH put it, that ref wants to be the star and us players are only part of his show:D

WW

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
Draw for provincial cup is April 3 (I believe).

So I wonder when the first game will be? April 9 weekend or the next? Hmmm... I heard that the national team is going somewhere from the 7th to 15th... and 4 girls on Slurrey are going... Can anyone confirm? Nutmegs?

so will you guys be without your 4 national players??

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

choker said:
So I wonder when the first game will be? April 9 weekend or the next? Hmmm... I heard that the national team is going somewhere from the 7th to 15th... and 4 girls on Slurrey are going... Can anyone confirm? Nutmegs?

so will you guys be without your 4 national players??

The first round is scheduled for April 8/9 (go to the BC Soccer Website - I'm not your personal information provider ;) ) and then we get the long weekend off.

As for the National Team, yes they are away for the time that you specify, but I'm not sure if the first weekend is going to be the playdowns or the first round or if there are going to be byes for certain teams or if even the draw will be random.:confused:

Gotta love that everything is so organized just days before the provincial cup draw. :rolleyes: I personally take issue with the random draw issue - I know that's the way that the men's league does it but their teams actually have to qualify for provincials, in the women's league every premier team is in. Now no offense to Poco or Westside, but if they get island teams in the first two rounds and the next thing you know a team with only one or two regular season wins is in the semi-finals - I have an issue with it. Meanwhile, teams like Coquitlam, UBC, and Surrey who have been playing against each other in the final for like the past 6 or 7 years could meet in the first round. :eek:

But don't even get me started on this. To get back to choker's point - yes we could be missing national team players for the first round, but unless we draw Coquitlam in the first round :rolleyes: I think we'll be just fine without them. Even it was Coquitlam, I think we would still be fine. :cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
The first round is scheduled for April 8/9 (go to the BC Soccer Website - I'm not your personal information provider ;) ) and then we get the long weekend off.

As for the National Team, yes they are away for the time that you specify, but I'm not sure if the first weekend is going to be the playdowns or the first round or if there are going to be byes for certain teams or if even the draw will be random.:confused:

Gotta love that everything is so organized just days before the provincial cup draw. :rolleyes: I personally take issue with the random draw issue - I know that's the way that the men's league does it but their teams actually have to qualify for provincials, in the women's league every premier team is in. Now no offense to Poco or Westside, but if they get island teams in the first two rounds and the next thing you know a team with only one or two regular season wins is in the semi-finals - I have an issue with it. Meanwhile, teams like Coquitlam, UBC, and Surrey who have been playing against each other in the final for like the past 6 or 7 years could meet in the first round. :eek:

But don't even get me started on this. To get back to choker's point - yes we could be missing national team players for the first round, but unless we draw Coquitlam in the first round :rolleyes: I think we'll be just fine without them. Even it was Coquitlam, I think we would still be fine. :cool:

To be honest, the whole provincial cup process is a joke. It includes 7 teams locally and of course the Island teams. At least the men's league has a Cup(Imperial Cup/Pak Cup) which allows teams in lower divisions the opportunity to at least TRY to get to the provincial cup. The women's isolation of the Premier 'A' teams makes it a bit Mickey Mouse despite the fact that the lower divisions couldn't compete week in and week out. however, George Mason made the final four recently as an eleven seed. Wycombe Wanderers made the semi-finals of the FA Cup several years back.......You get my point. Yes, there is a 'B' Cup but that doesn't allow a team to go to Nationals..........

As for the random draw, that's the beauty of the cup. Look at how many times Celtic/Rangers Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/ManU have drawn each other in the earlier rounds. It gives every team equal opportunity. At the end of a day, to win any championship, you have to beat the best teams. When that occurs doesn't really matter......

I think we have already established many times that there are many things about the womens' league which are Mickey Mouse...........

Anton Rogan

Mar 31, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Best of luck to the Club Ireland ladies. The most beautiful group of young women I've set eyes on. They can really play football too.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira said:
To be honest, the whole provincial cup process is a joke. It includes 7 teams locally and of course the Island teams. At least the men's league has a Cup(Imperial Cup/Pak Cup) which allows teams in lower divisions the opportunity to at least TRY to get to the provincial cup. The women's isolation of the Premier 'A' teams makes it a bit Mickey Mouse despite the fact that the lower divisions couldn't compete week in and week out. however, George Mason made the final four recently as an eleven seed. Wycombe Wanderers made the semi-finals of the FA Cup several years back.......You get my point. Yes, there is a 'B' Cup but that doesn't allow a team to go to Nationals..........

As for the random draw, that's the beauty of the cup. Look at how many times Celtic/Rangers Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal/ManU have drawn each other in the earlier rounds. It gives every team equal opportunity. At the end of a day, to win any championship, you have to beat the best teams. When that occurs doesn't really matter......

I think we have already established many times that there are many things about the womens' league which are Mickey Mouse...........

Lower division teams (non-Premier) can't compete in the Provincial Cup because they are registered on B forms, as opposed to A forms. And teams can't decide which forms they register on. Has to be complete divisions. (It's actually supposed to be complete Leagues, but MWSL is grandfathered under old rules.) That's why Premier is essentially open to any team that wants to play there, because BCSA Constitution prohibits leagues from preventing any team from competing for the Provincial Cup. So if you want to try to qualify, you have to play Premier.

I had heard it was going to be 4 teams from the MWSL and 4 from the Island. I guess I was misinformed. They obviously didn't use the formula, which is good, because the 4-7 MWSL teams should be able to compete with 2-4 from the Island. Which should set up interesting QF games depending on the draw.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fat Bastard said:
I had heard it was going to be 4 teams from the MWSL and 4 from the Island. I guess I was misinformed. They obviously didn't use the formula, which is good, because the 4-7 MWSL teams should be able to compete with 2-4 from the Island. Which should set up interesting QF games depending on the draw.
To end this debate, I have heard that they decided to do the seeding again this year. So I know that Surrey and UBC have byes in the first round and I believe that Coquitlam does as well. I am not against a random draw but I think the teams would have to qualify in some way first - like FB said 4 from MWSL (e.g. top two and two League Cup finalists).

As for the League Cup Final, it wasn't the most exciting game yesterday - rock hard field and aggressive play - but the ending was exciting for SU fans as we scored in the 90th minute. We took a quick free kick that produced a partial breakaway and a well-slotted finish.:wa:

I know that I for one didn't want to go to OT after having to warm-up and then wait and then warm-up again after the Selects final before us went to overtime - game that was supposed to start at 1:30pm didn't end until 4:45pm. Long day - thank God it was sunny. :)

Good battle by both teams - pretty intense considering it didn't mean anything except bragging rights and team toques and a whopping $200 gift certificate for Soccercity.

On to provincials.... draw is tonight and play begins this weekend. Good luck to all the teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0