Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Prediction, Results & Banter - Dec '05/Jan '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreed, we played as a team and it's starting to come along [too bad there are only a few games left in the season]. Appologies to Lionheart and thank god it didn't hit you in the head.
I'd like to hear excuses...er i mean details in the Coq-Slurrey game...:eek:
UBC game get cancelled?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funbox said:
I'd like to hear excuses...er i mean details in the Coq-Slurrey game...:eek:

Trying to stir the pot are you Funbox? A tie was a fair score for the game - both teams had a few quality chances but couldn't bury them.

Recovering from 14 hours of drinking since our game finished at 12:00pm so maybe I'll elaborate later. :eek:

Again it's amazing how silent you Norvan girls are when you're losing but very talkative when you get a few wins under your belt....

See ya Sunday. ;)

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Again it's amazing how silent you Norvan girls are when you're losing but very talkative when you get a few wins under your belt....

Hey I was quite talkative after our 9-1 loss I thought...

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're always talkative Choker. In fact sometimes it's pretty hard to keep your mouth shut. :p J/K

I guess I should have directed the comment more towards Funbox. ;) But hey as long as you keep chatting away on here I don't mind what you say.

Very tired and hungover today. :( The Slurrey girls were in fine form last night. The Roxy was rollin' and if the only camera phone we could find would have actually worked we might have had some incriminating photos to post. :eek:

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nutmegs,

I post as well when we lose. I even recall complimenting you and Surrey after you guys shitkicked us. What a model citizen I am:D .

What was the occasion for the Roxy on Sunday night?? I went Friday night and it was really good too, at least I seemed to think so :rolleyes: .

Hopefully we get the turf for Sunday, otherwise the game will likely be cancelled and I really feel like playing.

WW

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome Wagon said:
What was the occasion for the Roxy on Sunday night?? I went Friday night and it was really good too, at least I seemed to think so :rolleyes: .

The occasion was that a few of us went for a beer after the game which then turned into 4 hours at the pub followed by some more pre-drinking at a few of our teammates houses until 11pm then off to the Roxy to shut it down. :D

Needless to say a bit of a shite-show. Many a rubber arm was twisted on the night.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
The Roxy was rollin' and if the only camera phone we could find would have actually worked we might have had some incriminating photos to post. :eek:
Do we have any cell phone reps lurking around here that would be able to set Nutmegs and her teamates up with some new camera phones??? She needs to get some pictures taken and posted!!!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy Holiday said:
Camera's:confused:

Should of went home when I had the chance;)

What are you talking about? :confused:

There was nobody out with the Surrey girls that even remotely resembled Jimmy Holiday and there is no evidence to prove otherwise.;)

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few big games on the weekend that will have an outcome on the final league standings. Coquitlam hosts UBC on Friday while Surrey is at Norvan and Poco plays Westside on Sunday.

If UBC wins at Coq they move ahead of Surrey into first (with SU having a game in hand) and it will secure them second place in the league at the least. They would need some help from Norvan or Richmond in games against Surrey to clinch first place.

Surrey needs a win and a tie in its last two games to seal up first place, but are guaranteed at least second place with just one win.

Coquitlam on the other hands needs to beat UBC and get some help to move up from their current position in third. If Coquitlam wins on Friday they can't take first but if UBC ties or loses their last game, Coq gets second. If the above situation happens and by some miracle Surrey loses its last two games, Coquitlam could finish first with Surrey second and UBC third.

Confusing or what? :confused: Of course everything depends on the result from Friday's big match-up. I'll be checking that game out!!

On the other hand, (as Jimmy Holiday pointed out on his "Slurrey girls Sunday") second place may be the desired spot for provincials as you will probably end up on the same side of the draw as an Island team and won't have to face the other big two teams until the final. How stupid is that? :mad:

Anyways my predictions for the weekend are:

Coquitlam over UBC 3-1
Surrey over Norvan 2-0 (better than 10-1 eh Norvan girls ;) )
Westside over Poco 2-1 - and that would clinch last place and possibly relegation for the Poco girls (do we have relegation this year?:confused: )

Good luck to all the teams.

P.S. Does anyone know anything about this League Cup? There's cup play on the MWSL site for all the other divisions but nothing for Premier. What are we going to do until provincials start? :confused:

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy crap! that took about 5 min to read Nutmegs

How many games does Slurrey have left? I see that Coq and Richmond have played 11 while everyone else has played 10. I think we have to play one more after you guys but nothing on the schedule yet. We have only played Poco once.

Well good luck to everyone this weekend!

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many games does Slurrey have left? I see that Coq and Richmond have played 11 while everyone else has played 10.

I think you answered your own question.

do we have relegation this year?

No relegation from or promotion to Premier. Any team can take a shot in Premier if they want.

Does anyone know anything about this League Cup? There's cup play on the MWSL site for all the other divisions but nothing for Premier. What are we going to do until provincials start?

Good question. The League should have added a 3rd go-round this year with only 7 teams. 18 games might have been a stretch though, especially with the weather lately.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
choker said:
How many games does Slurrey have left?

We have two - you guys on Sunday and Richmond. But of course the second game hasn't been scheduled yet. How I am supposed to plan my Super Bowl Sunday when I don't know if or when we're playing? :rolleyes:

choker - what do you think the chances are of our 9:30am :eek: game happening on Sunday or have you guys got it moved to turf yet?

P.S. Since when did you start calling us Slurrey!! That's a term of endearment that only Surrey girls can use. ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, does anyone here have any info from Cormack regarding the Premier League Cup yet? I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it, if I'd be so lucky.

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
choker - what do you think the chances are of our 9:30am :eek: game happening on Sunday or have you guys got it moved to turf yet?

P.S. Since when did you start calling us Slurrey!! That's a term of endearment that only Surrey girls can use. ;)

Slurrey! Well my best bud (woody) is a Slurrey gal so I got used to it... ha.. do you live in Slurrey?

No move to turf yet. I took a stroll around my place last night and walked up to Kinsman and it looked muddy and soft. Maybe it will get cancelled! :) then you can go on your "vacay".. and i can go out boozing saturday.. oh wait i'm going regardless...

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Wow!! That was almost as long as some of Welcome Wagon's rants about Poco last year!!

Hey Nutmegs,

Good one, I liked that.:D It's good that I finally changed teams. I was starting to get some major carpal tunnel syndrome:eek:

WW

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
I'm sure it was only from typing:rolleyes:

Well at least her carpel tunnel was from something productive. ;) Unlike yours which is probably from playing too many arcade games on TTP.:eek:

Went and watched the Coq-UBC game tonight. 2-1 UBC with the victory after being down 1-0 and then losing their keeper in the first half due to a red on a breakaway takedown. They came back with only 10 players and scored two in the last 15 to win it.

Needless to say I took a little flak from the UBC girls for predicting a Coq win. :rolleyes: Hey - you can't be right all the time. Maybe some of those lurkers out there will put me in my place next time. ;)

Props to Naomi for a great game - dangerous on many chances and scored one and helped set up the second.

P.S. JH - you'll always be a good cop in my books. :p

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just because I am good at something.:p I never did complain about Carpal tunnel...infact isn't that a woman's thing and is it getting in the way of you getting some records?

P.S. I see the race for the title is on...good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0