Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Prediction, Results & Banter - Dec '05/Jan '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry I've been a little late setting this thread up but here goes....

Two make-up games scheduled for this weekend. Richmond @ Surrey - here's to hoping they don't use any illegal players on us ;) and Poco @ UBC - hopefully Poco will get more than 8 players out.

Not sure about the field conditions of either game but when I was in Surrey this morning I still saw lots of snow on the ground. :rolleyes: I'm hoping for a cancellation as I probably won't be able to play due to some off-field injuries sustained this weekend. (I won't get into it but let's just say it involves a cabbie running a red light and broad-siding me on Sat. night)

After this weekend no more games until the middle of January and most teams will only have 3 or 4 games left. Not sure if they are planning to start playoffs a little earlier or if we are having that meaningless battle for the League Cup (I guess the more games the better).

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, after driving all the way out to Cloverdale to be on the injured reseve and watch my team play, I find that the field is pretty frozen and frosted over and the game gets cancelled. Too bad for Richmond as we would have been missing myself, Amber, and Martina from our offensive attack. :p

Onto the X-mas break, hopefully my injuries won't be too serious and I'll be back in the line-up by mid-Jan. :(

Yoda, I don't see a result from the Poco-UBC game on the website. Was that game a no-go as well?

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Nutmegs if you look under scoreboard for Nov 6 it says UBC 6, Poco 1. I think that is the score from yesterday's game. I have seen them put the result in the week it was supposed to be played in before so I believe I am right.

Yoda, what did Mrs say about the game? did they have 8 players again?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
choker said:
Hey Nutmegs if you look under scoreboard for Nov 6 it says UBC 6, Poco 1. I think that is the score from yesterday's game. I have seen them put the result in the week it was supposed to be played in before so I believe I am right.

How dumb is that?!?:rolleyes: The game was played on Dec. 11th not Nov. 6th. You gotta love the MWSL.

Thanks for the info, choker.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard UBC played the game with only 10 players, including a hungover AM. Poco had a few subs. Did they actually have a goalie this time or was JMack back between the pipes. And I think the score was 7 or 8-1.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well after a month off, things in MWSL Premier are supposed to get going again this weekend with a Friday night game on turf that will be a go and two games on grass Sunday that are questionable if this rain keeps up.

With only 2-4 games left for all teams, the season should be over by the middle of Feb at the earliest and the end of Feb at the latest.

Anyone know if there will be another (waste of time) League Cup this year (and if the Selects will be forced to play Premier teams). Or if no League cup, will the provincials will start earlier?!?:confused:

As for the SU team, we have an exhibition game this Wednesday against the NTC at of all places... BC Place - should be interesting to play in a 60,000 seat stadium with no fans. Echo...echo...echo :rolleyes: But I'm sure it will still be fun and something to tell the grandkids when they finally demolish that big eyesore.

After that it's two important games against UBC and Coquitlam followed by make-up games against Norvan and Richmond. Four more wins for the undefeated regular season. ;)

My picks for this weekend's games if they're all a go are: Norvan, Slurrey (can't go against my own team :D ), and Westside.

Good luck to all the teams in 2006!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
As for the SU team, we have an exhibition game this Wednesday against the NTC at of all places... BC Place - should be interesting to play in a 60,000 seat stadium with no fans. Echo...echo...echo :rolleyes: But I'm sure it will still be fun and something to tell the grandkids when they finally demolish that big eyesore.
Hey, take it easy on the old dome, just before Expo 86 I sang for the Queen in that thing;)

I'm curious if there is a game review of last night's action...even with all of my resourses, I have absolutely no gossip to share from this end of things:eek::confused:

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Hey, take it easy on the old dome, just before Expo 86 I sang for the Queen in that thing;)

I'm curious if there is a game review of last night's action...even with all of my resourses, I have absolutely no gossip to share from this end of things:eek::confused:

Sorry it took so long for the game report but I wasn't at a computer until today.

The field was very long and you could tell where the seams from each piece of turf were - a little dangerous if you ask me - and I guess BC Soccer didn't want to have to pay any heating costs in the Dome - it was pretty damn cold in there.

We ended up winning 2-0 which is a pretty good result considering it was our first game since the end of November and we only had 11 of our regular players (including myself recovering from a back injury). We had 3 subs from our Div. 1 team who played in the second half and did a great job. We weren't overly dangerous but we played a solid defensive game and scored two well-orchestrated goals.

I was happy to be able to last through the first 45 before the back started to act up and I even got a call from Walks running the line. Unfortunately no megs this time Walks!!

Nothing from any of the Norvan girls in the way of a report on their 4-1 victory over Richmond last night?:confused: Looks like they've started the New Year off on the right foot. I see the Westside-Poco game has been cancelled but I haven't heard anything about our game against UBC yet so I will assume that it's a go. Sorry SC - that means no brunch tomorrow. :(

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 4 Richmond 1

The game was pretty good. The score should have been a lot higher but we played really well as a whole and Richmond had very few quality chances. On to Poco next weekend. Should be fun. Funbox, Choker, any more insightful comments??

WW

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Four more wins for the undefeated regular season.
:confused:

Interesting result Nutty... I can't wait to hear both sides of the tale;)

The ;) is for SB... and the 'Nutty' was to read Nutmegs' reaction:eek:

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 1 - Sportstown UBC 2

I'm sure you're all waiting with baited breath to hear about our first loss of the season. :( And I won't give a million excuses because I know a lot of people are probably enjoying this. ;)

The only thing I will say is that we only had 12 players (one being a new young signing and another being myself who is nowhere near 100% yet). I'm also not going to say it was because we didn't have our national team players. I thought we played very well without them and deserved a draw at the very least.

We came out pretty flat in my opinion and UBC pretty much took it to us in the first half. They scored first off a free kick from about 25 yards when Ashley caught out team napping and took a quick shot right into the top corner. We started to pick up our play near the end of the 1st half and scored the equalizer on a breakaway rebound and then created another great chance on a second breakaway. Unfortunately one of our defenders committed a not-so-bright foul ;) in our 18 just before halftime and Naomi buried the PK.

The second half was a different game in my opinion. We finally played with some urgency and kept UBC in their own half for a good majority of the last 45. We generated lots of pressure and a few quality scoring chances but couldn't get even. Oh well - on to Coquitlam next week - hopefully my poor back will recover from being forced to play the whole 90.

The only positive thing is that at least we got the loss out of the way now and not during the provincials. ;)
And one more thing - the fields at Cloverdale Athletic are amazing!!! Not an ounce of standing water anywhere and in great shape considering the 27 straight days of rain.

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Nutmegs

Wow long time no write. Too bad about your loss, hope the back is healed up for your Coq game. Will you have all your NT players back then?

What are your predictions for this weekend?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
choker said:
So Nutmegs

Wow long time no write. Too bad about your loss, hope the back is healed up for your Coq game. Will you have all your NT players back then?

What are your predictions for this weekend?

Woo-hoo!!:wa:

Somebody (besides me and SC) actually posted something here after weeks of silence. :rolleyes: Thanks choker.

We will still be missing one or two players (not necessarily NT players) for the game on Sunday but we should be better in terms of numbers than last weekend. My back is nowhere near 100% but I'm playing through the pain. :(

As for my predictions for the upcoming weekend, here they are:

UBC Sportstown over Westside 4-1 or else the game will get cancelled

Norvan over Poco 3-0 - now that you Norvan girls seem to have gotten the ship in order, but I am still predicting that choker will be hungover (if not still drunk) at the 12pm game time.:eek:

Coquitlam - Surrey - I am going to be politically correct and predict a tie.;) I will say that I think we are the favourites as we've have two competitive games in the last week (NTC and UBC) while this is Coq's first game back after the Xmas break.:D

Anybody else want to venture in on the predictions. Please!?!? :eek:

P.S. Choker - what do you think the odds are for the game against you guys to be cancelled next weekend? I'm thinking about going on a little weekend vacay to Whistler. :cool:

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nutmegs,

My predictions:

UBC 5 Westside 0 (unless some key UBC players are really
hungover)

Surrey 3 Coquitlam 1

I don't like to predict the scores in my own games either, however, I think 3-0 or so for Norvan sounds ok, but I'd like to think we can score more goals than that.

If our game is scheduled for Kinseman, which as of now it is, it will definetly be cancelled. It is supposed to rain for the next 2 weeks, and it is the shittiest field even in the best of conditions. It is closed most of the time. But if we get the game moved to the turf it will be on, but getting the turf is always hard to do, for some reason.

WW

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Norvan over Poco 3-0 - now that you Norvan girls seem to have gotten the ship in order, but I am still predicting that choker will be hungover (if not still drunk) at the 12pm game time.:eek:

P.S. Choker - what do you think the odds are for the game against you guys to be cancelled next weekend? I'm thinking about going on a little weekend vacay to Whistler. :cool:

Yo Nutmegs
I don't like making predictions but I think Slurrey can take Coq no prob... Ur team just seems quicker, faster and smarter...
Norvan is getting on the right track, although running in the pitch black until 10:45 was not fun times!!!
Probably be hung over but good thing I live 2 min away from Reeves/Gates!!
At practice last night (WW you had already left .. booo), they were talking about trying to get a turf.. so we'll see what happens. Maybe plan that Whistler trip but prepared to make that early drive home at 7:30!

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Choker,

WTF, why did you guys stay so late?? I was in bed by then, since I have to be up so early and do all that shite on my own anyway. Next time, why don't we do it at the beginning so we are all home earlier and also so I can stick around for it. I felt badly leaving but I get far too little sleep as is. I was so tired anyway when I woke up this morning, not functioning at all.

I hope we get the turf. I feel like playing. And do you know if this weekend it is turf or grass?? I really feel like playing Poco

WW

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ww,
game is on grass, turf field is saved for the very important u12silver and mens over 50 teams. We are on the middle field. Last night the field looked alright and with no rain today it just might hold. Looking fwd to finally playing a game and I'm sure it'll be a good one. I've put a call out to some guy friends to make sure they get the norvan barstars loaded saturday night. Yeah finally soccer sunday.

Lionheart

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WW,
we only get the field for an hour, using it for running would be ridiculous...whoever wanted to stay could stay and if you had to leave it was no biggy. everyone decided to stay and we ran hard. good luck and no injuries to the teams this weekend.

Box o fun.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 3 Poco 0

Really good game by us. We had essentially 100% of the play, had so many really nice chances, and also had 2 goals disallowed and had many sketchy offside calls. The linesman, most of us could have been his mother (if we started really early:D ), he was 12 at the most. The game wasn't overly fun to play in, for our defense anyway, but both teams played hard and it was clean for the most part, and it became a lot more fun and eventful when Poco started sending every single ball to me in the air. Good times.

Nutmegs, how did your game go?? Saw the 0-0 score.

WW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0