Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] Prediction, Results & Banter - Dec '05/Jan '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
I'm sure it was only from typing:rolleyes:

LOL. That is what batteries were invented for:D

Nutmegs, game cancelled tomorrow. Drove by the field and it was closed, and also posted on the MWSL site. Now you can go to Whistler and drink to your hearts content:D

WW

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Went and watched the Coq-UBC game tonight. 2-1 UBC with the victory after being down 1-0 and then losing their keeper in the first half due to a red on a breakaway takedown. They came back with only 10 players and scored two in the last 15 to win it.

Needless to say I took a little flak from the UBC girls for predicting a Coq win. :rolleyes: Hey - you can't be right all the time. Maybe some of those lurkers out there will put me in my place next time. ;)

Props to Naomi for a great game - dangerous on many chances and scored one and helped set up the second.

Nutty (sorry I know you hate that),
I take it these lurkers are never going to get on here to defend themselves. Perhaps I should stir things up a bit more:eek:

SB, I'm sure you're not happy with the red card. You know if I was reffing I would have pulled out a yellow, with a strong warning. Sorry to hear :(. But thank goodness I won't be at work this week to hear your bitchin' and complaining;)

Congrats to Caitlin for covering the pipes (I hear she stepped up with no hesitation) and well done to "no arms Tiff" who finished with the game winning goal. Tiff, you deserved those beers last night sista:wa:

+YNWA
SC

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
SB, I'm sure you're not happy with the red card. You know if I was reffing I would have pulled out a yellow, with a strong warning. Sorry to hear :(. But thank goodness I won't be at work this week to hear your bitchin' and complaining;)

I don't know about that SC. I think the ref had no choice but to give the red card. It was a clear breakaway and SB tripped up Phebe with her hand. She actually came outside the 18 and dove to challenge Phebes so even if she had got the ball, it would have been a red for touching the ball outside of the box.

I actually think it was a good move by the keeps as they only got a free kick from outside the 18 and they bounced that off the wall. If it had been a peno, I think it would have been game over for UBC - down by 2 with only 10 men.

For all those UBC lurkers out there, congrats on the win. Victories over Coq and Surrey within 3 weeks is quite a feat. Hopefully you're not peaking at the wrong time. :D

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
For all those UBC lurkers out there, congrats on the win. Victories over Coq and Surrey within 3 weeks is quite a feat. Hopefully you're not peaking at the wrong time. :D

I think one thing UBC has going for them that the other top teams really don't, is that you rarely hear their players bitching at eachother or whining at the ref. No offense Surrey, and especially Coquitlam (not to name any names:D ), but when things are not going completely as planned, there is so much whining and bitching that goes on, at the ref, teammates, etc. For example, when we played Coq. the first time and beat them, the amount of whining that went on was ridiculous, and I think it was a major reason why they choked and were not able to score against us. That, and we played pretty well considering we were down to 10 players and were also using a bunch of div 1 call-ups. I think the fact that UBC usually keeps their whining to a pretty low level will help them in close games when things might not be going their way 100% of the time. And, of course they have some really good players too. Just my take.

Time for me to stop typing now. My carpal tunnel syndrome is starting to come back:D

WW

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome Wagon said:
I think one thing UBC has going for them that the other top teams really don't, is that you rarely hear their players bitching at eachother or whining at the ref. No offense Surrey

Oh...of course no offense taken, WW. You should really have a filter for some of the things you say. :rolleyes:

I don't think I ever heard a Surrey United player bitch at a teammate and we especially don't bash our team on TTP (unlike some people in the past). :eek:

As for the ref, I will admit in the intensity of a game that some of our players may complain about a bad call but I don't think UBC is any different. As a matter of fact when we play them they seem to do just as much (if not more) complaining as us.

I think Eggy may remember the provincial semi last year when he went postal on the ref and got kicked out of the game. Maybe the UBC girls leave the bitching to their coach. :p

I think in fairness to all of the Big Three teams that whoever is at their best on the day is going to win. In the last 3 weeks, UBC has been that team. Enough said.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Oh...of course no offense taken, WW. You should really have a filter for some of the things you say. :rolleyes:

I don't think I ever heard a Surrey United player bitch at a teammate and we especially don't bash our team on TTP (unlike some people in the past). :eek:

Nutmegs,

Yes, I have definitely said some things on TTP, or in games out of frustration that I should not have said, particularly in previous seasons, as have most players at some point in time. Also, I did not imply that your team (Surrey) bashes your players on the field. I am just saying that over the years when we played you guys and things wern't going your way, of course not during the last 8-1 shitkicking:( , you guys would occasionally argue on the field. No different from any other team and I was not bashing you guys at all. My team, as pretty much all other teams in any league and at any level, both male and female, do the same thing. I was just saying that of the top 3 teams, you do not hear it as much out of UBC, that's all.

Your team, hands down, is the most skilled team in the league. Yes, that is a compliment. :D I just think that sometimes you guys get really frustrated when things aren't quite going your way, more so than UBC. Same thing with my team, and all other teams. Geez, I wasn't trying to cause any trouble or offend anyone, as I am sure I did a fair amount of that when I was playing on my previous team:D .

WW

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome Wagon said:
I am just saying that over the years when we played you guys and things wern't going your way, of course not during the last 8-1 shitkicking:( , you guys would occasionally argue on the field.

Actually it was 10-1. :D

And I think in that game I told k-vale to fcuk off and she then told me to go fcuk myself. ;)

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
change of topic .. Nutmegs, did you see the "cup draw" for next week? This is the league cup right? Our game is at kinsmen again and it is so mushy there right now, i bet it wil get cancelled.. grrr

How was Whistler? Was there any "b*tching and complaining" to fellow riders on the mountain? ha ha

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems like the schedule maker does not want us to play any games. <ost of the games in the next week seem to be on the crappy fields that are always closed. Considering Kinesman is a horrible field, even in the driest of conditions, it makes absolutely no sense at all to book any games on it. At least the Surrey/Richmond game will be played. One less make-up game for them.

Choker, next year we should try and get the turf. At least Surrey has a good grass field.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
choker said:
change of topic .. Nutmegs, did you see the "cup draw" for next week? This is the league cup right?

You gotta love this League Cup. :rolleyes: It seems that we have Richmond on Friday night and since we still have a make-up game to play against them, I'm sure the MWSL will make it both a league game and a cup game like they did last year.

I'm not really sure how the Cup is going to work with only 7 teams in the league. It says in the rules that there will be pools of 4, but I don't see that in the Premier section. Also we play UBC in the second week of this thing and since the two teams are 1-2 in the league, this doesn't really make much sense. :confused: It looks like it's just round robin with all teams, but I'm not sure. Why didn't we just have one more go around on the sked and play each team three times?

And of course there are only two weeks up so far. And our team was given less than a week's notice about the Friday night game. Hopefully some of our girls aren't going to have to work that night. Man you gotta love the MWSL. :rolleyes:

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
When Nutmegs tells me to 'fck off' on the field I want to shrink in to a ball and slowly rock myself to sleep crying and murmering, "One day. One day." Over and over again. But I don't, so I tell her to "Go fck yourself." and I think that's perfectly normal.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
K-vale7, I know how you feel it happens all the time to me in co-ed. I choose not to respond though because I'm afraid that Nutmegs won't hang around for drinks and then all us guys will miss out on the nipples!:D (ha,ha)

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
choker said:
Yo Nutmegs

I see that your game has changed to Sunday now. Why?

Well after I told my team that they were all a bunch of shite players and that the fcukers needed to get their heads out of their asses after a loss and tie in the last two, I went to the league and told them that they and the refs were all fcukin' idiots and we needed more than 4 days notice for a game!!:D

Actually, with such short notice and a lot of girls on our team being coaches or part-time waitresses we would probably be struggling to field 11. Plus the league is making it a cup game and a make-up and I think we argued that we were supposed to host the make-up and we had a good field available. Thanks to Richmond for accomodating our request. :)

By the way, results and banter for February is here.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0