Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Premier] 2007/2008 Predictions, Results & Banter

under dog

May 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
There have been some interesting results so far this season. Coquitlam has earned points despite having just 10-11 premier players available each game. I wonder how they will do once a handful of young university players join the squad. Also, I noticed on the website that North Shore beat Surrey on Sunday.... What's up with that?! Is North Shore a lot stronger than last year? Are the players from Ottawa really making a difference? Should Coquitlam and Surrey Peg be worried? Well, I guess it's about time that more teams are becoming stronger in this league.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is North Shore really that good? Nutmegs, game report?
I wasn't going to comment on the game since I'd like to focus on Nationals right now and not past games, but I will give credit where credit is due. North Shore is a good team that will provide good competition to whoever they play. I don't think we played our best game as we were more focused on process rather than results and may have played a little tentative in fear of getting injured.

NS opened the scoring about 15 mins in on a bad clearance that bounced right to their forward on the 12 spot. We tied it up about 10 minutes later on a cross and header. Then in the second half NS scored on a long shot from about 30 yards that dipped on our keeper - probably could have been saved but I think we were all surprised by the shot and the power behind it. They scored one more with less than five to go off a free kick that we defended very poorly and let bounce twice in our 18. We had our scoring chances and I felt that we controlled the ball well but NS counterattacked well and scored on their few chances.

I only recognized about 4 of their starters and 1 or 2 subs so I think their main core is made up of Ottawa players who are physical and have skill. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the spring when these players might be wanting to go back to Ottawa to prepare for their W League season. Will they be around for that games that really matter (i.e. Provincial Cup)?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0