Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 4] Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinkleToes_10

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby Lightning vs Golden Ears Screamin Demons @ Exhibition Park - Tie 1-1. Beautiful day to play & a great game. Abby Lightning had lots of opportunity and scored in the 1st half. Golden Ears missed a penalty in the 1st half (hand ball) and scored the tieing goal in the 2nd.

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC 2-Surdel 2 great game vs. another U21 team that was told because they are new they have to start in div 4 reasoning behind this,, "we want to keep the U21 teams in that pool for at least 2 years" apparently the 1/2 surdel team would of been too old in the 2nd year
another classic decision by the board
game recap they scored we scored, we scored again with a beauty header to take the lead-- then while our defense and keeper were looking/pointing at the offside girls (not sure if she was or not) surdel ties it up "play the fckin whistle ladies" didn't stick around for after game bevvies things would of got heated
ref did admit to me tho that he wasn't in position to call the offside, "keep up with the game? NO"

TwinkleToes_10

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just had a look at the standings & scores after the weekend. Couple of ties and some pretty big losses.

I wanted to say hang-in there to the Coquitlam Mudslide - our team was definetly there with you last year and I know how difficult it can be:eek: .

IamCanadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 games for the Vancouver Presto in one week coming up pretty quick. Hope you ladies can pull out your first win of the season. :wa: Good luck from the 3 Burnaby girls who came with you to the Salt Spring Tourney! :D

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the league has now moved the 2 younger teams into the proper divison. U21 and has moved another team into our pool. Now as a team that has already played these teams 1 loss and 1 tie how do our points work and does the team that came over get to keep their points they've accumulated. Do we played an extra game vs. the new team. Or do they get the points from one of the teams they've replaced? This should be interesting (they have us down as tieing the team they moved into our divison but we haven't played them yet. What if we beat them. They are actually at the top of our standings now.
I'm so confused and not because i'm blond!!!!!!!!
Off to Newton Athletic to expose my girls to some good caliber soccer- good luck ladies!

TwinkleToes_10

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby Lightning vs Pitt Meadows Pirates

Abby Lightning 3 :bronco:

Pitt Meadows Pirates - 0

Great game, although a very wet one! 1st goal was a penalty in the 1st half, 2nd and 3rd goals were beauties in the second half.

The wet weather certainly made the no slide tackling rule an interesting one for the referee to enforce - when a player slips is it a tackle or only if it assists in the play???

Laugh of the game - one of our players dropped the ball three times over her head before successfully completely her throw in. Guess it must have been slippery!

How did everyone else do?

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFC 5 Abbotsford Steelers 0
great game in the rain I swear it got worse just after half time. They have a couple of speedy girls but for some reason kept them at the back, one little girl had a great boot on her. The score should of been more but alas it was only 5. And we got to slide tackle. What's going to happen with the crossover/playoffs when half of us have been sliding and the other half not,, should be interesting.
Ref was an idiot shorts up his crotch calling what he wanted and not enough of what he should
Not a good day for the white jerseys!

TwinkleToes_10

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's goin' on with the scoreboad on the MWSL website? Our team won 3-0 against the Pitt Meadows Pirates and the score on the website is 3-1?? I know it was reported on our behalf correctly.

Guess it's just the MWSL making up their own rules again.....:D :D

spongebobhotpants

Aug 30, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Monsoon over Burnaby Inter 3-1 and I think we lived up to our name. Good game considering we spanked them 6-1 first time around. They have a new keeper who made some exceptional saves. Last 2 minutes of play and they get a half assed breakaway, our illustrious keeper decides to meet her half way and kicks it right at her, it rebounds off Burnaby's knees and trickles into the net. Up at the forward line we hang our heads in shame as that is a crappy way to end a game. Perhaps we could of made an effort to get back and save it from going in????????? And I'll even mention the head butt in the crotch one of our girls took,, guess she can go wookie bush to cover up any bruising

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
spongebobhotpants said:
And I'll even mention the head butt in the crotch one of our girls took,, guess she can go wookie bush to cover up any bruising

Wow. I am almost speechless.

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Attention ALL TEAMS......Aldergrove sliders is collecting socks,hat's,blankets,mitten's and scraves for the homeless.If you have anything to give it may be used as long as it is washed no problem please bring what you have to any game we will be playing against you before the end of the year.If we dont play you please contact me below and I will set up a collection day/night. Thanks so much and remember it doesnt have to be new just something you dont use any more so dont toss it pass it on. Cheers!
andreata@shaw.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0