Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter - Sept '06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloan08

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
I'm sorry but you are completely off base with this comment. A deliberate strike to the ankles of a player, especially while they have their back turned, is putting them in danger. A physical attack is much more than banter.

I also feel the need to mention that the incident at the end of the game was not the only poor tackle of the game. Extremely late tackles were coming from everywhere, and I know at least 5 of our girls picked up injuries as a result.

do you want to go over the entire game, tackle for tackle and analyze it? :confused: I know of incidences in the game that happened to our players at the hands of yours as well, but this is pointless because there are different incidences, versions and stories from each player, from each team, but that is part of the game. I don't agree with fists either. Your player was NOT innocent and definitely knew what she was doing. Yes, our player let it get to her and we will suffer the consequences as a team but it also should be said that in the three winter and three summer seasons i have played with this team i could count the cards on one hand...:rolleyes:

Lush

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
DISCLAIMER: I don't know any of the parties/teams involved, so I am making a comment in general based on what I've read here, so if I've taken someone's post out of context, SUE ME!! At least I'm not going to go out and goon anyone for it .
THANKS MUNCHKIN...YOU JUST SPOKE FOR 99% OF US THAT HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED, BUT ARE HAPPILY BEAKIN IN JUST CAUSE THIS IS THE SITE TO DO SO.:D

Lush

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
do you want to go over the entire game, tackle for tackle and analyze it?

NOOOOOOOOO...PLEASE, NO.

I THINK WE'VE ALL HEARD ENOUGH

SOOO.......ANYONE PUMPED FOR THEIR NEXT GAME, UNFORTUNATLY 2 WEEKS AWAY:(

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lush said:
NOOOOOOOOO...PLEASE, NO.

I THINK WE'VE ALL HEARD ENOUGH

SOOO.......ANYONE PUMPED FOR THEIR NEXT GAME, UNFORTUNATLY 2 WEEKS AWAY:(

I know it's not fair. What do you think of the thread about women playing on thanksgiving?

Lush

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I Think It Was A Great Poll. I Personally Dont Mind Too Much Having It Off. Ive Played Soccer Since I Was 4 Years Old And I Usually Played Thanksgiving Tournys, But Now Im All Grown Up:s.....i Enjoy Having The Opportunity To Visit Family On This Weekend. But I Also Wish There Was More Tournies So At Least We Have The Chance To Play If We Wish..
What Do You Think?

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey...It's nice to see you guys want me to stick around - At least somebody loves me! And in fact, I even received a message from a member of Shock saying that I shouldn't go and that she would be explaining how the website works to a few members of her team - Very impressive.

So, you guys just might be stuck with me...however we will have to see what happens at future games.

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lush said:
I Think It Was A Great Poll. I Personally Dont Mind Too Much Having It Off. Ive Played Soccer Since I Was 4 Years Old And I Usually Played Thanksgiving Tournys, But Now Im All Grown Up:s.....i Enjoy Having The Opportunity To Visit Family On This Weekend. But I Also Wish There Was More Tournies So At Least We Have The Chance To Play If We Wish..
What Do You Think?

I think it was a good poll too something to think about and I agree with you about all of it, and wish that there were more tournies we could enter but I don't mind a weekend off.

Lush

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Mens League Is Awful. My Boyfriend Has To Play Sunday Night At 8pm.....i Completly Disagree With That.

Guess Hes Missin The Turkey..

Lush

Oct 1, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Anytime He Gets To Play Soccer, Hes Happy...he Wouldnt Care If It Was A Midnight Game
But The Fact Hes Missing Turkey Dinner....yeah Hes Bummed Out.

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sloan08 said:
do you want to go over the entire game, tackle for tackle and analyze it? :confused:

Ummm...Yes, yes I do. If we can't do it here, where can we do it???;)

I do agree with you that our player was not innocent...she was antagonizing...she's a striker - that's what she does. I just think there is a major difference between chirping (or oinking....) and taking people out. You're right though...no matter how much we go over it, we will never come out with the same story.

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for next games...

Burnaby over the Rythm
Jags over Inter
Lightning and Cowgirls Tie
Poco over North Shore...

anybody else care to wager some predictions?

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Screamin...U just couldn't wait to start stirrin the pot again hey?? What the hell...I'm game. But I'm not mentioning my own game this time!

Burnaby beats RC Rhythm 3-1
Inter beats Jags 2-0
PoCo beats North Shore 5-1

Anyone else gonna take a crack at it?

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
Screamin...U just couldn't wait to start stirrin the pot again hey?? What the hell...I'm game. But I'm not mentioning my own game this time!

Burnaby beats RC Rhythm 3-1
Inter beats Jags 2-0
PoCo beats North Shore 5-1

Anyone else gonna take a crack at it?

You know me I have a big spoon,;) lol.. I think it was probably a good idea that you didn't predict your own game though, although we did play the lightning yesterday I have to say all except one I noticed seemed to be really nice and play the game to play not hurt anyone or anything:)

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know almost the entire Lightning team and they usually play a good clean game...physical, but clean. What was the score of your guys game anyway?

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wings said:
I know almost the entire Lightning team and they usually play a good clean game...physical, but clean. What was the score of your guys game anyway?

I have to admit to you I had a feeling they were going to beat us but it was 6-0. I just didn't think it would be that bad. I thought we could've played better as a team, no excuses we didn't play well. I wanted to have positive thinking though that's why I gave us a tie. Yes the game was physical you're right about that one. You predicted it thumbs up for you. Good luck when you play them I'm sure your team will do well.

B~Canadian

Sep 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco win over Northshore
Cowgirls win over Lightning
ICSF win over Jags
Shock vs Rhythm=? dont predict my own games(superstitious)

Good luck to everyone!:)

screamingbeauty3

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
B~Canadian said:
Poco win over Northshore
Cowgirls win over Lightning
ICSF win over Jags
Shock vs Rhythm=? dont predict my own games(superstitious)

Good luck to everyone!:)

Who's played the inter already? What are they like if you have?

steffie

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think we can all agree that being women, and playing a competative sport, there is going to be some agressive play, and some words exchanged. it is unfortunate when situations turn bad like the one i have been reading. i think soccer should be more like rugby, ONLY in the way that after the game, no matter what happened on the field (and rugby can get BAD) you hang out with the other team, and buy each other beers.everything is left on the pitch, and everyone hangs out as fellow athletes. that is one of the things that i love about rugby(my boyfriend plays) is the comrodery (bad spelling) after the games.
i hope that the 2 teams can rise above a really bad event, and move on. remember it is a game, and we are playing for the love of the sport. hopefully other players reading what happened can learn from it, discuss it with their teams, and hopefully avoid something like this happening in the future.
i really hope that these 2 teams can move on and be better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0