Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Murderball

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw this last night....may be the best flick I've seen so far this year. And I'm a huge Wedding Crashers fan, just to keep things in perspective.

Murderball is the nickname given to quad wheelchair rugby. Basically, these guys soup up their chairs into psycho battering-rams, and play rugby on hardwood floors. They spend about half the game smashing into one another (full speed...crazy collisions) and the other half cursing each other out.

The movie is great as the directors follow a variety of storylines, including a pretty tense rivalry between Canada and the US, the powerhouses of wheelchair rugby.

I strongly recommend all TTPers to check it out.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wasn't the Canadian team captain orginally the team captain for the US or something?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, that was the source of the conflict. He was an American that was hired by Canada to coach (making him a traitor in the eyes of the Americans), followed by the fact that he did an amazing coaching job and propelled Canada to the upper echilon of the 'Murderball' world. Canada beats America in the Worlds two years prior to Athens, thereby setting up the focus of this movie.

I've got to see this film. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts