Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 MOTW-Week 2: Div. 2 FVSL

MOTW Div. 2 FVSL: Week 2

• 2A ND Titans vs N. Coquitlam United

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • 2A Aldergrove United vs LUFC Athletic

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 2B Aldergrove Undivided vs LUFC Clones

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 2C N. Coq. Hades vs NDNBU

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • 2C Arsenal vs LUFC Dynamo

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaven

Sep 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since the FVSL has not updated their website with last weeks scores :rolleyes:, I don't have all results upon which to base this week's predictions, so I'm going to go with my gut for most of this week's candidates, and let you all fill in with the ancillary information.

ND Titans vs N. Coquitlam United: Interesting matchup here. From what I know, both teams are coming off positive results from Week 1, but the Titans are a turf team, while N. Coquitlam is not. This appears to be a pretty even matchup.

Aldergrove United vs LUFC Athletic: Aldergrove should be one of the stronger sides this campaign, though I don't know much about either side to speak of. I do know that Aldergrove did improve their side for this season, so this should be a good test for them.

Aldergrove Undivided vs LUFC Clones: This one, aside from being a guilty pleasure for curious, will be a good matchup for the Clones. This Alder squad should be solid as well, and I believe its a key matchup in this table early on in the season.

Hades vs NDNBU: Hades are coming off a surprising loss to DMU, and the Bank had their arses handed to them in Week 1, so this is an important bounce-back game for both. The Bank need a strong result to stay relevant and show they belong in Div. 2, while the Hades are no doubt smarting from their lackluster performance last week. Could be a bit of a rough match, and spirited.

Arsenal vs LUFC Dynamo: Big match for Arsenal this week, as I've no doubt they'll get the three points from last week's unfinished match with the Bank and a win this weekend would be a great start for this young team. Watching their teammate break his collarbone could shake them a little, but I doubt it. I think they'll be strong all season, though I don't know much about the Dynamo in all honesty.

Those are my matchups, lets have your thoughts! Lets keep this thread on the MOTW topic from now on too, alright? ;)

Again, without updated results and such I'm at a bit of a disadvantage with so many teams and very few reference points at the moment, and no I don't have time to sift through all the TTP posts to try and get what information I could, so this week I'm flying a bit blind. Apologies for that.

~Shaven

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
shaven said:
ND Titans vs N. Coquitlam United: Interesting matchup here. From what I know, both teams are coming off positive results from Week 1, but the Titans are a turf team, while N. Coquitlam is not. This appears to be a pretty even matchup.

~Shaven

I'll take this one... you said it here: "appears to be a pretty even matchup."

Don't know about the LUFC / Arsenal choice in here. The Dynamo (if they play like last week) should be top of this group this year. The only real tester will be the rematch against DFC. These two should be 1 and 2. And after all, Arsenal only played The Bankers, not a real team.

I'm not surprised DFC didn't make this list though, it will be a one sided affair, and not worthy of a MOTW. ;)

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
And after all, Arsenal only played The Bankers, not a real team.
OUCH!!! that seriousely hurts. especially coming from you ghandi!!!
no doubt we'll take our lumps this year, and it'll take us a while to get all the new guys clicking. missing four starters definately hurt our chances in week one and it should make a considerable difference this week having everyone there. the hades are a top squad i think and our matches with them in the past have always been great, especially two years back in the cup when we went bagels til the last minute of the second extra period when they put away a corner.
i'll side with the two bearing frankensense and mur though and take the titans vs coquitlam as the MOTW.

Cantuzzi

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
aldergrove united vs langley

Being new to div 2 I am not very educated on the other teams but I do know it will be a battle against langley this weekend always is between us (geographic rivals) I played them last year in div 1 and they were not that good at all but by the sounds of it they have added some players... but so have we.... they won last week and we should have look forward to playing on the home pitch this week!

cheers
Cantuzzi #10

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We have a bit of bad blood with these guys from last year when they started to take liberties when they were down 2-0 with 10 to go in our last meeting last year so we will definitely be up for this one. Yours truly will be there for the entire game this time and after a full week of practicing I will be ready to play. The scoreline from their game last week just gets us going more as we know they will be a solid team, especially if they still have that #10. Any little bit from you Mom would help out. They had a solid mid from last year and ours has definitely improved and with another game should gel a little better than the last time out vs LUFC. It will be about finishing our chances which is a huge problem for us. Defending we do not have much of a problem with as we do not give up many quality chances and whenever we do, our keep is there. I take LUFC 2-1 over Aldergrove, they are just too good, especially if they have the players who were missing against us. The Undivided/Clones game is interesting and could be decided by a few lucky bounces. Hades if they play like they can should come away with a hard fought win but you can never tell with NDNBU. As for the Arsenal/Dynamo game, any thoughts bored?

canuckboy

Oct 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
guru said:
I'll take this one... you said it here: "appears to be a pretty even matchup."

Don't know about the LUFC / Arsenal choice in here. The Dynamo (if they play like last week) should be top of this group this year. The only real tester will be the rematch against DFC. These two should be 1 and 2. And after all, Arsenal only played The Bankers, not a real team.

I'm not surprised DFC didn't make this list though, it will be a one sided affair, and not worthy of a MOTW. ;)

Interesting to think LUFC will finish 2nd this year after finishing 6th last year? Where did they improve? How did the Lions and Hades get worse.

2C MOTW an improved Poco City team vs a proven Port Moody Lions team.

LUFC spanks Wolves 4-1

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate to go against ND titans but I think N. Coquitlam is going to squeek this one out. If the Titans play like they usually do on turf they will be really tough to beat. If they play like they did against us in provincials I don't think they stand much of a chance. I have not seen the Titans new pick ups so maybe they have filled the gap they missed with Russ. Either way I'm going for the Titans but taking N. Cq. to win

curious

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
curious's choices

ND Titans vs N. Coquitlam United: titans in this one by one
titans keeper makes the difference

Aldergrove United vs LUFC Athletic:
lufca very unsatisfied with a tie in week one look out for week two lufca by at least 2

Aldergrove Undivided vs LUFC Clones:
unable to say in this one dont know who undivided is and the clones wont have a full squad until october so nows the time to beat them
clones stingy defence squeaks out a tie

Hades vs NDNBU:
what the hell hades in a barnburner 5-4

Arsenal vs LUFC Dynamo:
lufc with a full squad this week if they dont do what they did last year which was good game followed by bad game lufc by one .

Bluenose

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive, we filled russ' spot by moving me to the left and having buckley(new pickup) on the right. he is a solid replacement.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I chose LUFC "A" vs. Aldergrove, always a good rival and if LUFC A stays out of the refs card pocket they should win 3-nil.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
canuckboy said:
Interesting to think LUFC will finish 2nd this year after finishing 6th last year? .
Don't put words in my yappy yap... I said LUFC and DFC will be 1 and 2... and as a matter of fact, I insinuated LUFC would be on top..... get someone to read this again for you... :rolleyes:

canuckboy said:
Where did they improve? How did the Lions and Hades get worse

I think I explained that, they were the best team we played all last season. We beat them first time but were very lucky, and we beat them the second time, but they only had 8 players.... and it was still close. They are an up and down club, but I think it's more to do with who's in the line up, and who's missing. Other teams beat them as well, but it was more like they lost the game, not the other team winning... much like DFC's opener this year.

canuckboy said:
LUFC spanks Wolves 4-1

Don't know what week this prediction is for? DFC plays the wolves this week

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose said:
Any little bit from you Mom would help out. They had a solid mid from last year and ours has definitely improved and with another game should gel a little better than the last time out vs LUFC. It will be about finishing our chances which is a huge problem for us. Defending we do not have much of a problem with as we do not give up many quality chances and whenever we do, our keep is there.

well i wasn't at our first game due to injury. but from what i heard from my team, they're a quality team, probably finish in the top 4, but the whole A tier this year is pretty tight. it sounded like they've got a pretty solid D and solid keeper. best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0