Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mogilny makes deal with Devils, signs two-year contract

ArticleBot

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right winger spent last three seasons in Toronto by Associated PressEAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Alexander Mogilny, the right winger who earned a Stanley Cup ring with New Jersey, signed a two-year contract Tuesday night to return to the Devils.Mogilny came to the Devils late in the 1999-2000 season and helped New Jersey...

Read More

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that this was two years at 3.5 Million. I thought the 24% rollback was supposed to "reset" the market? If that is the case, this guy, like Holik, is overpaid.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I was shocked by this too. He hasn't been motivated for years. Granted, bad injury in 03/04, but it was an arthritic hip! If that isn't a bright red stop light, I don't know what is.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the year off will do wonders for Mogilny. He's is a proven goal-scorer, and was fantastic playing under Larry Robinson in his last stint with the Devils. With Pat Burns' medical problems, Larry Robinson is back as coach, and Mogilny should be able to recreate the magic. The only reason this signing surprises me is because of the lack of cap space the Devils have at the moment. Plus they still need to sign Elias, Friesen, and maybe Scott Stevens (if he doesn't retire). Lou Lamoriello is a pretty shrewd guy though, so I'm sure he has something up his sleeve.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts