Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLS Expansion Draft 20101124

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Joe Cannon. Lol.

What does he make relative to Onstad? Would be interesting to compare the two... Neither are better than Nolly imho, therefore Jay will your starting keeper.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can do that? Do they just add a different player to their list?

• Maximum Player Loss: Once two (2) players have been claimed from a Club’s non-protected roster, that Club is eliminated from the expansion draft and may not lose any further players. In addition, once a player has been claimed from a Club’s non-protected roster, that Club may move a player from its non-protected roster to its protected roster.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
• Maximum Player Loss: Once two (2) players have been claimed from a Club’s non-protected roster, that Club is eliminated from the expansion draft and may not lose any further players. In addition, once a player has been claimed from a Club’s non-protected roster, that Club may move a player from its non-protected roster to its protected roster.

Gotcha, so many weird roster rules with MLS I never know what's going on.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So by count we got a nearing the end of his career keeper to be backup/mentor to Jay Nolly
An Awesome young winger (that Nyassi is fun to watch!)
Nathan Sturgus who is a solid defender. (We raped the Sounders list, rivaly anyone!? :p)
a bunch of mis-firing strikers
a couple of depth defenders
and a few swiss army knives for the middle of the park.

Strikers Last year goals per game: Moreno 26 games 2 goals, 4 in 29 for Atiba Harris, Alan Gordon 1 in 9 games, and O'Brian White 2 in 24.

6 Yanks (One of which is RSA-born, and one could have capped for Canada) 1 Jamaican (who also could have capped for Canada) 1 from St. Kitts and Nevis, a Gambian, and a Venezuelan. and DeMerit who's American.

So far no Canucks signed to the team... but you'd think that at a minimum Dunfield, Porter, Teibert, Davies, and Bellisomo will be signed to MLS Contracts.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao Bobby and his plumbers. We are in for a long season. !.7 mill for De Guzman was bit much for locals. Skill players coast money. It will be all about kick the dam ball and chase it before they do, one or two guys Caps picked up are ok. Not one guy strong on the ball. Mostley DDDD. Portland outsmared Caps a bit. First pick by Portland would have been my pick. Good good player, tough around the box. Beer will go down good next year or two.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So how does this "allocation" money thing work?

Is it towards paying players coming back to the MLS?

Something to do with DP's? (easy Ballbaby)

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao Bobby and his plumbers. We are in for a long season. !.7 mill for De Guzman was bit much for locals. Skill players coast money. It will be all about kick the dam ball and chase it before they do, one or two guys Caps picked up are ok. Not one guy strong on the ball. Mostley DDDD. Portland outsmared Caps a bit. First pick by Portland would have been my pick. Good good player, tough around the box. Beer will go down good next year or two.

What exactly did you edit here?

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only player I have seen play enough to comment on is White from Toronto and I am not impressed. He works hard but skill and speed seem to be lacking. Sure hope he is not our first or second choice for a striker at the start of the season..

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Omar Salgado will likely be the first overall pick for the Caps in the Super-Duper Expansion Draft.

he's a striker, and a gem of a prospect.

Also there's some work to be done that the Caps are fighting for Cody Arnoux also...

Also look for (and you heard it here first ;) ) DP rumours surrounding guys like John Carew, Del Piero, and other "aging" Stars.

These guys drafted today are all depth/trade bait etc.

The only guys from this list I see playing for the Caps regularly in the Spring will be Nyassi, Sturgis, Cannon, and perhaps Salinas. the rest are benchies or guys to be traded around.

My Humble $0.02 on the matter.

And Mr. Base, how would you have chosen McCarty if Porkland had the first kick at the proverbial can?

FFS...

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where do players come from for the super draft? University? What happens if you draft someone and a team from Europe offers him a contract before you can sign him. Is there any compensation or are you screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0