Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mexican Theme Night - help required

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you're Mexican and you need a job, this posting is not for you as the only help required is in the form of information. Keep searching though.....

In 2 weeks I'm off to the Shuswap for 3 days of houseboating. As many of you are aware, during these 3 days of mayhem, many boats will host different themes. Our boat chose a Mexican theme and volunteered me to put it together. Outside of tequila and sombreros, anyone have any other suggestions to authenticate the night and blow away all the other theme boats? And other than La Bamba, what other music should we download?Or is this just a stupid topic to post in here that no one will give a fcuk about and completely ignore?:(

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
talk to Juice.
I think a lady friend of his from Mexico gave him a CD of the Mexican Hot Hits before we left there.

Also, shooting your pistola in the air while shooting tequila would be cool.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fill small baggies with piss and throw them at passing houseboats in the competition... make sure to have a large sign calling your boat "Azteca" :D

Authentic Mexicano!

Cheers,

~Regs.

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on

Were looking for good ideas! Last I checked, Menudo was not even close to that list. Nice try, but we said we wanted to be the cool houseboat.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Downtown,

You need to download a lot of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. Some of the songs which would help your boat blow away the competition are....

Tijuana Taxi
The Lonely Bull
Taste of Honey(one of my favorites)
Spanish Flea
Whipped Cream
South of the Border

and of course, The Mexican Hat Dance. They do a nice version.

These are just a few but there are many more if you do a search on the group........Most of the songs are money and you will probably recognize most of them too. Good luck and how come I'm not invited? You owe me for my Mum's cigarettes you know....:)

Captain

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Come on

Originally posted by Stepchild
Were looking for good ideas! Last I checked, Menudo was not even close to that list. Nice try, but we said we wanted to be the cool houseboat.

OK how about who the *%$# cares because you are going to be too shatfaced to care! That was my experience anyway.
:D

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks

Thanks for the tips so far.

Bertrum, ignore Stepchild - his comment about cool houseboat is obviously not a concern considering the fact he'll be on it;)

Captain - your music suggestions are mint. Cheers. You tell ma I'll get her back soon. As for the invite, it seems Parkhead goes everywhere with you and I could not handle another nerd like Stepchild in my face for 3 days:p

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by downtown
Outside of tequila and sombreros, anyone have any other suggestions

Hey downtown, I have a sombrero that you can have, oh sorry, I forgot, your bro shatt in the hat and left it outside my hotel room.

HOS

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surefire shenanigans

Get youself a pin(insert a curly-cue above the "n")ata and fill it full of gag stuff...I once did one in the shape of a soccer ball and had it stuffed with trinkets from the luv shoppe and airline bottles of booze and things like that.

Make sure everyone is well lubricated (and probably life-jacketed) and blind folded, give them a stick or bat or something and stand back.

One thing I did that I wouldn't recommend is use cast plaster as the material to create your shape: it was totally indistructable.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch the three amigos for some inspired banter and moves.

You could nominate 3 amigos for each passing boat to perform the amigo salute....we don't need know stinkin' badges...
+ maracas

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Downtown with attitude like that you will never see your beloved linen shirt again.;)

As far as your little house boat trip goes be sure to post a picture of yourself in a sombrero. Just think if you try really hard it will be just like you are in Seville.:D

You need to take the little dog rom the Taco Bell commercials with you. That would seal the deal. Especially if it can talk.:rolleyes:

Parkheadmightgettodefacethisshirtyet!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
top class......

Downtown,

Download 'Guaglione' by Perez 'Prez' Prado.

It was the official PoCoMo song of Kelowna 1999.

And you can't do better than that.

It even comes with it's own dance. 'The elfin dance'. PM Jinky for a demonstration.

¡apúrate!

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
thank god

Downtown
As for the invite, it seems Parkhead goes everywhere with you and I could not handle another nerd like Stepchild in my face for 3 days

Thank god for myself and Night Rhider otherwise you would just be the Drunken dolt with nothing to say. I guess I will be taking over your job as the nerd on the house boat this year......remember, fire and flesh are not a good combo!

As for Capt. Shamrock, consider your suggestions Included!

Downtown, isn't stepchild and ignore redundant. I thought someone with your education would have figured this one out!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
senor downtown....

recommended stuff:

*Try to find the soundtrack from "La Bamba" - the Los Lobos version, or better yet, their "la Pistola y el Corazon" album - lots of traditional stuff....
*anything by Mariachis Las Vargas (the en Acapulco album works well...)
*Cielito Lindo (the Ay yi yi song that everbody knows from Speedy Gonzales cartoons as kids...:rolleyes: ) and La Cucaracha
*gotta have the Rico Suave song....:rolleyes:
*lame stuff from modern Mex singers like Luis Miguel, Jose Jose, and las Gemelas (music for the hard of thinking in Spanish - Fasty would love it - all syrupy ballads like Celine Dion):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :p
*worst case scenario, throw on some Santana....
*Peter's idea of a Pinata - great!
*large quantities of Corona in buckets on ice with available limes
*more limes, 7up, salt, and cheap bar tequila for kamikaze shooters
*slimey timeshare salesman to welcome everybody onto the boat and let them know that everything is "almost free"
*encourage female guests to dance on table tops wearing extremely short skirts and thongs (hey, it works for me, too...)
*take me along as Spanish-speaking bartender with great tan who can insult all the gringos in Spanish while smiling nicely at them and chatting up all their women....:D

Bertrum: Menudo were actually from Puerto Rico.... that's even worse (mas peor y muy feo!!!!) than being stuck with bad Cuervo and a fat horny Mexican chica....:rolleyes:

El loco,

Don Stew:cool:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ole

Leftovers from Cinco de Mayo?

Early for Fiesta del Todos Santos?

Actually, it's probably for Independance Day (September 16), but most will just get bought for birthday parties instead.

Vaya con pollos,

Stew:cool:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0