Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lowe fires a counter measure back at Burke

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oilers' general manager Lowe rips back at Burke

awesome...

And it is cool to see another GM/Well respected hockey man with no bias to this market call it as he sees it
"Here's a fact - he left (former Canucks GM) Dave Nonis nothing in Vancouver," he explained. "Nothing. He destroyed that team. If it wasn't for Nonis' incredible deals - to con Mike Keenan to get (Roberto) Luongo in Vancouver - that team was taking a nose dive two years ago."

So that effectively kills this nonsense of the Luongo deal 'falling into Nonis' lap'

I still think Nonis should have been whacked...But Lowe is right about him not leaving much, if anything, for Nonis to work with.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you really think Keenan was conned, or do you think he's in love w/ Bertuzzi?

Today, w/ Bert going to Calgary, makes the 3rd time Keenan has aquired him.

Looking more like Keenan phoned Nonis, and all Dunkin Dave had to do was say, "Yes."

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I don't care how we dumped Bert and got Lui, all I know is that it was a fleecing...

It was the only thing of any impact Nonis did...that is why I was happy he was let go, but I think there is something to Lowe's comment that the cupboards were/still are pretty much bare.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, I agree on that. Burke did kill us, especially when you look at the RJ Umburger fiasco. He sure won that pissing match, didn't he?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts