Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Local Boys in THE PROVINCE

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Didn't know where this belonged so I opened up a new thread...moderators feel free to move it to where you feel is most appropriate.

I was skimming the Sports section of today's Province, reading the Kindel article when low and behold I see a team picture on the opposite page. It's the Punjab Hurricances team photo with a caption "1st team in the history of the VMSL to go undefeated 18 0 0."

I'm sure the VMSL did not buy this advertising, otherwise, a Metro Ford picture of their exceptional regular season run would have been included. :D

A great season for the Hurricances, no doubt, gaining promotion into division 1, but to put a picture in THE PROVINCE paper seems a little over the top. No Columbus Imperial cup pose, or Surrey League Championship picture, and these two teams play in Premier.

What's next, front page coverage for promotion to premier? Gone fishing ;)

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gilly said:
Didn't know where this belonged so I opened up a new thread...moderators feel free to move it to where you feel is most appropriate.

I was skimming the Sports section of today's Province, reading the Kindel article when low and behold I see a team picture on the opposite page. It's the Punjab Hurricances team photo with a caption "1st team in the history of the VMSL to go undefeated 18 0 0."

I'm sure the VMSL did not buy this advertising, otherwise, a Metro Ford picture of their exceptional regular season run would have been included. :D

A great season for the Hurricances, no doubt, gaining promotion into division 1, but to put a picture in THE PROVINCE paper seems a little over the top. No Columbus Imperial cup pose, or Surrey League Championship picture, and these two teams play in Premier.

What's next, front page coverage for promotion to premier? Gone fishing ;)

It comes down to who you :rolleyes: ,not what you know!!

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually during the last couple of weeks a lot of people were talking of us going 18-0-0. A couple of Punjabi news-reporters had called as well as The Province. They wanted to take a team pic of us, so we did. We were also on the radio and in the Indo Cdn Times on Thurs with an article. It wasn't a case of us being over our heads, but it was simply a case where we let them publish our picture. And if you read the article in the Indo Times, it was very modest.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
gilly said:

They're certainly not the first team to go 18 and 0.
"Westside Spring FC" had a perfect season of 18/0/0 in their first year, back in 96-7 (76 goals for and 9 or 10 against).
WS Spring FC became Lobbans A about 5 or 6 years ago. I'm sure there have been others who have also had an 18/0 season, but maybe Spring were the first;)

Ralph Wiggum

Jun 10, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not to be a pedant but Wesdtside has gone through Premier seaons twice "undefeated" but never "unblemished" with no losses. Actually went 30 + games without a loss including imp's and nat's, but that doesn't seem to be imortant anymore, just winning Div 2 CAT. :wa:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0