Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Local Bands

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know when the new Nickleback cd comes out? Or is it already out? How you remind me is a pretty rockin song. Great live band to. I've seen them twice up on Grouse. Great shows.

TR.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR,

Glad to hear you're interested in local musical talent. Not so glad, however to hear that, like every other unexposed, CFOX listening git in this city, you've been brainwashed into believing that the Creed/Pearl Jam/Soundgarden hybrid that is Nickleback is actually worth the slightest drop of your attention.

But before I get completely carried away, I should concede that you're certainly not alone. A friend of mine worked on the video shoot for the current Nickleback single, and tells me that the record company obviously sees a big market for the band. Apparently the video cost $350,000 and included all the usual generic "rock n roll" pieces of the puzzle (directors and models flown in from LA, masseuses on set for the band, slow motion walking in the rain sequences, the whole nine yards).

But I digress, to answer your question ... I have no fcuking idea when the album comes out.

Tip: if you like acts such as Nickleback, you're not alone. Quietly, secretly beneath the surface of this city, this epidemic is spreading rapidly and as a member of this community (and the local music scene) I feel a responsibility to inform the masses that this ailment is very serious and can become chronic, but it can be beat.

So Until scientist can develope and approve a cure music listeners must take preventative action. Please, check out Fastshow's "New Choons" thread, and Sensei's "Download of the Day". Or better yet do whatever you can to get your hands on a CD by Vancouver indie Rockers UNDERMARS.

Together we can build a safer, more pleasant future for music listeners everywhere. We can beat this!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW

Undermars is playing the Indie?!?!?! Do you guys have the American or Canadian Anthem?

If you see Ashley Judd at anytime down there Willy, could you please pass on to her that I love her? MAke sure Dario isn't around though...

Thanks,

~TBwhoisamazedhowfarUndermarshascome.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why won't Doug and the Slugs come out with a new one? I've waiting for a good follow up to Popaganda for years. :confused:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been inspired!

Ok, the Doug and the Slugs comment has inspired me. Here is my ultimate 70's/80's local act festival. It will be a summer festival, that runs over two days in my backyard.

Here it goes:

Saturday, starting at 12:00 pm

Bruno Gerusi's Medallion,
Doug and the Slugs,
Apple Jack reunion concert, followed by Trooper,
Sweeney Todd,
and the headliner for the evening........Loverboy.

Sunday, starting at 1:00 pm

Chilliwack,
Headpins,
D.O.A.,
and the headliner for Sunday afternoon........The Payola$:cool:

Any additions? Feel free.

TR.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't forget

Kickaxe. You have to have Kickaxe or I'm not coming. I believe the drummer works down at the law firm if you need a contact.

~TB.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lol ... Nice one Regs (you jammy bastard!):p

I'd love to help you out with Ashley, but as I'm sure you can appreciate my loyalties lie with my countryman Dario! (see flag below username). Not to mention the only reason we got the gig at the indie this year is because the organizers figure the roar of the cars should prevent anyone from actually hearing the racquet that is "undermars"

Keeps,

As for a Doug and the Slugs follow-up release, dont hold your breath mate. Last I heard Doug Bennett was seen in a North Shore "Uncle Willy's" scarffing down a plateful of all-u-can-eat teriyaki chicken wings with Loverboy's Mike Reno. The Uncle Willy's staff say they finally had to drag the two pudgy rockers out on dollies, after Bennett caused a scene in the restaurant chanting "chickidee chow mein, chickidee chow mein".

Willy

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:D Nice one.

As for the backyard festival, if you organize a Sunday Brunch with The Grapes of Wrath, you can count me there. Then, just for Number 2, you could cap off the night with a round of Armageddon with Prism. :cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hold it

I thought the Grapes of Wrath were originally from back east, no? (Winterpeg or somewhere in Ontario I think)

I'll also add that I would like a reunion to take place at said backyard bender by The Odds. Them and Kickaxe. That is all I ask.

~TB.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Grapes are originally from Kelowna.

Will The Villains be playing at this festival?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Grapes

Grapes are originally from Kelowna I believe.(see above) They would be a nice fit at the Festival. So would Prism. How could the orginizers have forgotten Prism(I'm a spaceship superstar.....I've got a solar powered laserbeam guitar). Kickaxe though? I don't know Regs.

TR.

Jinky beat me to it. We might have to make it a three day event. The backyard is going to be crammed:cool:

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, a lot transpired here while I crafted my last reply.

Nice goin on the eighties line-up TR, though I don't think Bruno Gerusi's Medallion are a product of the eighties (my recollection is more mid-90's) .... anyway, as you may or may not know The Medallion was formed by local music scribe Tom Harrison, who by the way, maintained a healthy schedule of lunch and dinner dates with both Doug Bennett and Mike Reno. And if I'm not mistaken, the suspiciously masculine Darby Mills (front woman for the Headpins) also embarked on a heavy eating routine after the demise of her one hit wonder act. Though I understand she did attempt a small "retro-type" tour tentatively title "Don't it make you feel like eating". Unfortunately, the tour never made it past the first KFC.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Edge of the Grave Feast

TR

Who the hell cares about these over the hill, one leg in the grave, and never that good local bands.
What about local bands of today you jerk?

Hey, you forgot the best local act of them all...Bryan Adams.

Get out of the 80's haze and get on with it :p

HOS~

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In case you missed it: The Grapes are from Kelowna.

Spot on about the Odds, as well. Best concert I ever saw was with the Odds -- at the Spoke (university bar at UWO), about 1/2 the size of the Pit, low ceilings, front and centre. My ears rang for threes days after.

Hands of Stone,

We care about them, because we're over the hill, one leg in grave, and never that good local boys.

Nickelback? Aren't they that flavour-of-the-month, over-played band, that CFOX chooses to support? Last year it was Matt Good, next year it'll be 54-40 . . . again.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tip of the tongue

Back when the Roxy actually was a good hang-out, the Odds were the house band though their name back them escapes me at the moment.

Damn sweet tastebuds...

~TB.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS,

Well, at least you spelt most of your words right this time. You must still be mad at me for that comment about the bigger nets yesterday.:) Well, to make you happy, there will now be a 90's local music festival the following weekend. It will probably be too big for the backyard, so we'll talk to the municipality, and see if we can close down the entire block.

So here is the line-up for HOS's Slammin Summer Piss-up.

Friday, starting at around 7:00pm.

The Grapes of Wrath,
Rock and Hyde,
and the headliner for the evening.........Templar.

Saturday, starting at 1:00pm.

Default,
Downweller,
Undermars(?), Hot off a triumphant INDY weekend.
Cinnamon
and the headliner for Saturday night........54-40.

Sunday, starting at 2:00pm.

Biff Naked:eek:
Sarah Mclockland(SP?).One for the ladies, and HOS.
Nickleback,
The Odds,
and the headliner for Sunday afternoon.........The Mathew Good Band.

Still no Brian Adams HOS. Are you sad? Are you a girl? Why else would you like Bryan Adams? :confused:

Any additions to this line-up? The 70's/80's one was such a smash.:cool:

TR.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm warning you

Don't get me started with Sarah M. Just ask Fastshow. We went round and round last summer in the Auld forums...

~TBwhothinks54-40isthebestnamedsofar.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good idea, TR! Have the show out in Maple Ridge and keep the shite out of my area. Except Undermars, of course.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Dawn Patrol

Regs,

I believe the name that escapes is "Dawn Patrol". Way back when.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0