Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lions vs Ti-cats - August 19/05

Who will take the win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the Lions can win despite the reality that no team loses all 18 in the CFL and no team wins all of them either.

I just don't think the bad news Ti-Cats will repeat history and whup the Lions in their own building. Khari Jones will likely get the start if Danny McManus is still hurt. I suspect that Brady won't start as he was not so good last week and Jones looked decent for his first game of the year although the Bombers were running up the score pretty decently.

Someone will knock BC off before the season is done and right now you'd have to think if it is going to be a lower team -it just won't be Hamilton.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
lions will bury the wee-cats early and coast to a lop-sided defeat which should impress the shaven one. either that or the cats reciever won't drop so many passes and hand the leos their first loss, which would also make shaven happy :D !!
leos 40-17 cats.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that david braley said on mojo today that they've been using the blackout lifts to market the team and they don't have to lift anymore as the agreement says only 2 must be lifted a year and they did that already.

He apparently added that TSN have to negotiate a price the day of a blackout lift. Lions get a call at noon or 1 pm and they start talking.

They may still announce a lift at 5 or so like last game here as it helps gets people moving to the game and buying a few thousand more tickets if he holds the notice back. No one is going to rush home at the last minute if they are there waiting to get in.

I think ticket sales are good they say and the upper deck is apparently open again.

This could be a tougher game for BC than the records show. The only issue is how good could Khari Jones play after a few weeks with the team and/or how sharp McManus might be if he comes in which I suspect he will if Khari falters.

I'd like to see Printers play or Buck Pierce even if Casey is still sick. I think they are really giving Pierce a good shot in practice to take reps as they know it will be a matter of time when Casey is gone. I can't see another year of Casey and Dave unless this goes down to Casey being ill and hurt all season.

I stopped by a couple of times and watched Pierce (3rd guy) working more with the 1st team than 3rds usually do other than the reps they get working with the scout team of which he gets the most with some by Jarius Jackson. It may be Buono's way of bringing on QBs but back in the old days, the 3rd guy would be lucky if the 2nd guy didn't take his reps running the scout team just to give that guy more work.

This doesn't appear to be the case with the Lions. If Casey is gone next year or Dickenson (unlikely) they will need to know this year if Buck Pierce can play pro.

Tim Cheatwood will play tonight so that might give the Ti-cats an extra boost plus the fact that they did well at home this year vs BC.

Should be a good game.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts