Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Indo Canadian Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
None of the Indo players will be suiting up for Temple. Bob, Lav and our keeper will also be away at a wedding on Saturday.

On the plus side, we're stacked with O-30's players so watch your ankles.

This weekend should be good for some laffs:cool:

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
another dropout

Richmond FC has dropped out of this weekend's tournament, bringing the total to 10 teams. We had a couple key injuries this past week and lost a couple other guys who committed to us and then decided last week to play somewhere else :rolleyes: We lost 5 starters in one week, and there's no way we could compete without them. The rest of us are going to play with PFC, cuz they're short guys this weekend, too. Should be an interesting mix. I wonder if they're gonna redo the draw at this point. If one more team drops out it would make 9, hopefull making it 3 groups of 3, like some of the old tournaments used to be. Anyways, we'll see what happens come Sat. morning. In the meantime, GO PFC, I guess?!

Don't worry, I'm not gonna post any dancing bananas :rolleyes:

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drop outs

Who ever drops should give your head a shake. You mean to tell me that you can't get 11 players together to at least put in a decent showing. worst case scenario you lose two games by 4-0. At least your team is playing together and not being a suitcase player. Otherwise Temple could do that as they might not be competitive. Yet they got enough guys together to play. Hope PFC and the bhangra team get beat by 5-0 as they won't be there sunday anyways.

Having said that, at least you gave notice and not just let the other team show up.

Hopefully next tourney you will be better prepared to play with the big boys. This goes for Khalsa "b" as well. But the "b" players are probably playing with the "a" team. Ankle breaker?

#7 enough said

Apr 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa

I believe the khalsa b team was the khalsa under 18 boys who entered and they really arent affiliated with the a team but thats just wat i think i could be wrong but i was talking to one of them and they said they had entered at first but than decided to play under 18 instead

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know how it is set up but if you pull out the tournament after entering you should be fined, now we all know shite happen's but the work that goes into these tournaments is unreal.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had to dropout, no other choice, no one wants to go out and lose 5-0. We only had 10 guys available anyways, so relax competitor and worry about your own team. Who do you play for anyways?!
Oh yeah, Fcuk this 'suitcase player' bullsh!t, too. We don't have a team and guys have been training hard for the past month or so, so what's the big deal if they play for another team that's short players as well. People get all pissy cuz players jump from team to team, that's not the case here, we're just doing it for this tournament and we'll re-evaluate things after. Believe me, I hate guys that commit to one team and show up on Sat. morning in another team's kit. That's where you need the O-30's guys for some old school two-foots. Anyone know if Jeba's playing?! Maybe we can coax Fogie out of retirement,too.

Anyways, see y'all on Saturday.

Reshams Buddy

Sep 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello my paji's

Originally posted by whistle blower
The people that complain about the format of the draw's should give there head's a shake.

I shook my head really really hard and my yellow pugree fell off, now what am I supposed to wear to the tournament, I have no other PFC color pugree in my closet. This is the last time I listen to you puthra.

Richmond has joined the powerful alliance of PFC. This means that the Wild Card won't be coming out of our group either. Basically, if the draws aren't re-allocated (which they probably won't be since its too late) the wild card will be coming out of Group A, which means that Akal FC and Khalsa have pretty much soidified there position in the final four. Fcuk.......I told Resham to not join up with these Richmond guys, there not even good, infact, there shite. Some of them run like the two brothers on our team with bananas stuck up there asses. Resham, sometimes you make me sooooo mad, but I still love you :p :p

I guess the match of the tournament on Saturday in the MENS OPEN bracket will be a toss up between

Vancouver United vs. Punjab Football Club
and/or
GN Sporting Club vs. Sikh Temple FC

not a very entertaining saturay afternoon, but still it will be fun watching my team beat the living tutti's out of vancouver united.

Since the premature departure of Khalsa "B" and Richmond, I'm guessing that the time table of some of the games has been screwed up, so does anyone know the new times of the existing games???

G-spot

Jan 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
YEAH RIGHT!

Is that more of Yowen bs. Don't worry boys Temple will be out in full force, no wedding no nothing.

Trying to suprise the competition eh Yowen, you ain't nothin' but a koosee.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey reshams buddy, you can shake that head of yours all you like it still make no differance to you because you need a brain for any actual effect to happen.;)
I hope all the teams have a good weekend, and may the best team win

Resham paji i am sorry i can't be at this tourney but hope to have a beer or 2 with you at the next one.

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Player

Mr.Richmond if you don't have enough guys to play don't you know that prior to the tournament draws. Everyone knows that you need 16 players to play so if you lost 5 or more in the last week . thats' fine. Suitcase player is what it is , but because you can't get 11 guys to play and lose you quit. This has screwed a lot of teams up. People are finding out friday morning that the times have changed.
P.S. It doesn't matter if I play for any team or not because I do not represent 1 team. I tell it like I see it. I hope for next tourney you do play as I'm sure you can be competetive. If you don't have enough players maybe you approach the committees to allow an import or two.

I know this wasn't done on purpose but you have to make sure next time and get committment from your players.

Resham's buddy maybe the richmond players will actully help you and Resham with your color co-ordination.
You do entertain TTP for that Thanks.
Good luck to all the teams. See you sunday at the final,if the team I support for is there.

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gn 3 Akal 2 ot

Well we finally won this tournment, although in less than exciting fashion.......first half was pretty exciting with us getting 2 quick goals from jas mattoo and pumi birring......but then they replied quickly with 2 of their own....one an own goal and the other off a penalty shot....the second half was really ugly...a lot of big punts down the field by both teams.....akal was definitely the better side in this half....in ot jas mattoo took a long range shot that went off the cross bar and the pumi birring swooped in to pot the rebound for the winner......i have to give a major applause to our goalie kenny aujla who played unreal throughout the tournment (minus one small hiccup)...congrats to akal on a hard fought game...they were unlucky not to get the decision...but i guess we'll take it..........cheers

Nowtimetoknockafewbackattheonetheycallsealsplace

Khalsa

Aug 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Harjit Brar NExt

Well guys, it was a good tournament. As for our team, were happy with our semi final showing. We had the lead on GN but they fought back hard. Maybe if we had put away some chances at the end, it could have been
a different story. I did not see the other semi final but i heard from some of our players, akal was the deserving side.

After the dishearting loss in the semi final we decided not to stick around for the final. I talked to a few guys who were there. This is what they said, GN had a good first 20, they caught akal napping and scored 2 quick goals but akal came back and from then on in, it was akals game, I heard they had numerous chance but the ball did not go in.

well congrats to gn, on to the next tourney which is the harjit brar, hey the draws are today, anyone knows please post them.

We might enter the next tourney???????:knvb: :bronco: :wa: :knvb: :bronco: :wa: :knvb: :bronco: :wa: :knvb: :bronco:

#7 enough said

Apr 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reshams buddy

Hey Reshams buddy wat was with some of your team and them playing for van united??? have they had enough of resham already??? That made the Van U pFC game very exciting as quit a few alltercations took place maybe u can fill us in on this.

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st tourney done onto the next

Well rain turned to sun. After the teams dropped it was thought to be down to two teams in each group.
Akal & Khalsa out of group A
GN beat temple to come out of their group
Van. U tied PFC and made it through on points. (too bad for PFC)
Akal beat Van. U.
GN came back against Khalsa.

Final
Akal caught snoozing for 2 quick goals, but a PK and own bought it to 2-2. Akal carried most of the play. The Birrings shut down by Harbinder and Surinder for most of the game. Until overtime probably the most innocent shot hits crossbar right onto Pumi's foot who made no mistake. Akal dominates but GN keeps alive as always. Still not the final I saw between these two teams a year ago. Maybe the GN vs Akal rivalry is not the same anymore.

Key points:
PFC and Van United turned into a dandy.
Steve promises to come ack with vengence practices 3 times a week, and the other 4 days more practices.

Next tourney in two weeks and every two weeks thereafter.
3 imports allowed but 2 on field. Who will be out there?
My prediction
Khalsa and Indo to be in final.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Harj Brar Tourny draws.......

Men's open draws as follows:

Group 1

Sikh Temple
GN 'B'
Abbotsford

Group 2

GN 'A'
Khalsa 'A'
Sikh Temple 'B'

Group 3

Akal
PFC
Shere of Punjab

Group 4

Indo
SUFC
Van U.

These are the draws and NO it was not rigged......This is probably one of the better draws we've had in a while but like they say never take an opponent lightly or you'll pay! If anyone doesn't know Sikh Temple hosts this tournament every year and probably is the best organized tournament. As far as I know 3 imports are allowed which will make this tournament even better. The tournament is held on the May.31/03 weekend and good luck to all!

Hard Ballz

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Torney

I see that Khalsa has entered. However, we have a wedding that weekend so I not sure how that will affect us. However, we do have 3 imports allowed so that will help us a lot. Still it will be interesting on Saturday to see how many of us will play

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
#7: SUFC is Sikh United of the FV league, div 2 I think. They used to be known as Medallions a couple years ago. I have no idea who's on that team, but they got stuck in an unenviable position being in the same group as Indo and Van U.

The Richmond guys have decided to stay with PFC throughout the summer, which should make things interesting come the next couple tournaments. As for the suitcases, they're unpacked, cuz we're staying a while.

Looking forward to this tourney, Hardballz is right, it's always well-run and should be fun to play in. I'm hoping we come across Van U again, I had to miss the game against them this past weekend. Still looking to settle some old scores........

Go PFC.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 'B'....

#7.......Temple 'B' will consist of many U-21 and younger players along with a couple of older guys. We will also be having some pretty good imports for bothe teams. This should bring out majority of the winter team for Temple, Indo and somewhat Khalsa.........should be interesting!

Hard Ballz

Khalsa

Aug 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NOT A BAD DRAW

HARJIT BRAR TOURNEY

Well not a bad draw for khalsa, we had gn last time maybe we can finish the game off this time. As for the wedding we have ankle breaker ur right, most of us will be there, so i don't know how were gonna compete.

Predictions:

Sikh Temple, Khalsa ,Akal and Indo

Indo vs Khalsa final, if our players can make it them we have a good chance. We usually get great imports anyways.

:knvb: :bronco: :wa: :bronco: :knvb: :wa: :knvb: :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0