Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup [Imperial Cup 2007] Quarter Finals

Who will win it all?

• Total voters

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Elite 8 if you will...

Inter vs Croatia
Surrey United vs Firemen
Westside (Div 1) vs AFC
Clan-Bus vs Sapperton

Predictions, banter results get it here first...

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
The Elite 8 if you will...

Inter vs Croatia
Surrey United vs Firemen
Westside (Div 1) vs AFC
Clan-Bus vs Sapperton

Predictions, banter results get it here first...

Formerly Div 1.
Thank you.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Standings after 1st round of Imperial Cup.... (Provincial Cup Berths)

Teams/Pts/Games Remaining

*1 Sporting Club "A" 41 (0)
2 ICSF Inter 33 (2)
3 Surrey United "A" 33 (1)
4 Columbus Clan FC "A" 32 (2)
5 AFC Leopards "A" 30 (1)
6 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 27 (1)
7 Croatia SC "A" 26 (2)
8 Norvan Eagles 26 (1)
9 West Van FC "A" 21 (0)
10 Firefighters "A" 20 (2)
11 Sapperton Rovers "A" 19 (2)
12 Sikh Temple "A" 15 (1)
13 Indo-Akal FC "A" 15 (1)
14 Vancouver Olympics "A" 7 (0)

*Clinched Provincial Cup Berth
Eliminated from Provincial Cup Competition

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to watch the Clanbus Sapp game on Sunday but I don't think I can stomach the two goalies unis. Sapp's keeper wears a brilliant orange jersey, has he gone dutch or what. And Clanbus's keeper, well what can you say except that his grey coordinated outfit was first shown on a Milan catwalk by Maria Sharapova. At least Maria was large enough to fill it out.

So WAB, if your still not sure what colour unis to wear for your league game against Indo, then you can test run both unis this weekend. You can start with red in the first half and then switch to black for the second half. Everyone will be staring at the unis worn buy the keepers so no-one will care what colour anyone else is wearing. ;)

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1 AFC 1
Abandoned with 1 minute to go in the fisrt half of the overtime session due to lights going off.
Last 16 to be played soon....
We scored first 7 minutes into OT on a well taken free kick and they reply with a very well worked goal in the 11th....Stay tuned

Mar 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to thank all you tryhards from van. Your season this year and joke of a cup run is all 2007 will bring.

The Island will produce the BC Cup winner. Who evere draws the Gorge this year is finished before you start. Talk all the smack you want but the Island is just BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Island is way better said:
I would like to thank all you tryhards from van. Your season this year and joke of a cup run is all 2007 will bring.

The Island will produce the BC Cup winner. Who evere draws the Gorge this year is finished before you start. Talk all the smack you want but the Island is just BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure..........

Just like how Gorge was going to beat the Firemen last year in the semi's....only to get their ass kicked!!!

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Absolutely Ridiculous!!!!!

Notcher said:
Westside 1 AFC 1
Abandoned with 1 minute to go in the fisrt half of the overtime session due to lights going off.
Last 16 to be played soon....
We scored first 7 minutes into OT on a well taken free kick and they reply with a very well worked goal in the 11th....Stay tuned

This isn't the first time for this to happen at Point Grey. We had a similiar scenario with a game vs. Rinos earlier in the year where the lights didn't even go on because of a timer issue and we had to stop 35 minutes into the game.

I mean how difficult is it to figure out that the lights go out at 11pm and with a cup game you either start the game earlier or make arrangments for the lights to go out atleast an hour later.

Out of sheer stupidity on the Westside/WFC front the result should go to AFC.

Seriously!!!

4ST OUT!!!:knvb: :knvb:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sheer stupidity? your ignorance is astounding donkey.
westside has absolutely no control over this field and/or the lighting. it is a parks board and league scheduling issue.
the parks boards makes the decisions regarding lighting times and field allocations. the league schedules accordingly. we show up when and where we're told.
just as frustrating for us as it is for afc, as i'm sure both squads would have liked to seen a final result given the effort that was put in on the night. we'll be ready for what should be an intense 17 minutes on wednesday.
seriously.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Absolutely Ridiculous!!!!!

4STGMP said:
This isn't the first time for this to happen at Point Grey. We had a similiar scenario with a game vs. Rinos earlier in the year where the lights didn't even go on because of a timer issue and we had to stop 35 minutes into the game.

I mean how difficult is it to figure out that the lights go out at 11pm and with a cup game you either start the game earlier or make arrangments for the lights to go out atleast an hour later.

Seriously!!!

4ST OUT!!!:knvb: :knvb:
the only thing that is ridiculous is your posting!

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Absolutely Ridiculous!!!!!

4STGMP said:

Seriously!!!

From what we gather, the league was asked to make arrangements to have the lights stay on should the game go to extra time. Apparently nothing was done.
To reiterate a previous post; the lights are nothing to do with us and we were just as gutted by the lights going out. Given the spirit and intensity of the game, I am sure both teams want to play it out fair and square to determine a winner.

This, IMO 4STGMP, make your comments 'absolutely ridiculous'.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Updated As of Sat March 17:

Standings after 1st round of Imperial Cup.... (Provincial Cup Berths)

Teams/Pts/Games Remaining

*1 Sporting Club "A" 41 (0)
2 ICSF Inter 33 (2)
*3 Surrey United "A" 33 (1)
4 Columbus Clan FC "A" 32 (2)
5 AFC Leopards "A" 30 (1)
6 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 27 (1)
7 Croatia SC "A" 26 (2)
8 Norvan Eagles 26 (1)
9 West Van FC "A" 21 (0)
*10 Firefighters "A" 20 (2) (Imperial Cup Semifinalist)
11 Sapperton Rovers "A" 19 (2)
12 Sikh Temple "A" 15 (1)
13 Indo-Akal FC "A" 15 (1)
14 Vancouver Olympics "A" 7 (0)

*Clinched Provincial Cup Berth
Eliminated from Provincial Cup Competition

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Island is way better. 5-1, 5-1, 5-1.
Wasn't it going to be an all Island final last year????
Is there any way Island teams can just play FVSL teams, so they have a chance.

Animal

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
When I was still working with Kerrisdale Youth Soccer, a mass email was sent to its working/volunteering members with the lighting code for Point Grey Turf. I've never used it, but I can only assume that it would provide power to override the lighting times determined by the Parks Board.

Why these codes weren't provided to adult home teams is beyond me.

The light box is supposedly on the southwest pole. I imagine there must be lock on it. Was no one given a key either?

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
When I was still working with Kerrisdale Youth Soccer, a mass email was sent to its working/volunteering members with the lighting code for Point Grey Turf. I've never used it, but I can only assume that it would provide power to override the lighting times determined by the Parks Board.

Why these codes weren't provided to adult home teams is beyond me.

The light box is supposedly on the southwest pole. I imagine there must be lock on it. Was no one given a key either?

The box is always open and a good 5 or 6 of us have (and had at the game) the code....after a certain hour no matter what you do it won't override the set timer. You'd know this if you hadn't of dissapeared of the face the planet. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0