Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Imperial Cup 2006] Results & Banter

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Round 1 begins this weekend. Results, banter and general moaning here please... Good luck.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions for the 1st round are

Game 1: Lobbans SC Hellas vs Richmond United 'A' - Lobbans
Game 2: Westside Rino 'A' vs Croatia SC 'A' - Croatia
Game 3: Norvan Eagles vs Serbian White Eagles - Norvan
Game 4: Columbus-Clan 'A' vs West Van FC 'A' - Clanbus
Game 5: Sikh Temple 'A' vs City FC Blaze - Sikh Temple
Game 6: Vancouver Olympics 'A' vs Pegasus FC 'A' -Olympics
Game 7: Royal United vs Burnaby Canadians 'A' - Bby Cdns
Game 8: Sapperton Rovers 'A' vs AFC Leopards 'A' - Sapperton
Game 9: Cliff Avenue United vs Sporting Club 'A' - Sporting
Game 10: WFC Rangers 'A' vs Shaheen SC - WFC
Game 11: Wickham FC 'A' vs City FC Rangers 'A' -Wickham
Game 12: Indo-Akal 'A' vs Firefighters 'A' - Firefighters
Game 13: Alemania SC vs Club Ireland 'A' - Club I

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like this game.

Game 1: Lobbans SC Hellas vs Richmond United 'A' - Idiots
Game 4: Columbus-Clan 'A' vs West Van FC 'A' - Trollers
Game 6: Vancouver Olympics 'A' vs Pegasus FC 'A' -Peg
Game 9: Cliff Avenue United vs Sporting Club 'A' - The Mighty Orange and Black

hos

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 1: Lobbans SC Hellas vs Richmond United 'A' - Idiots
Game 4: Columbus-Clan 'A' vs West Van FC 'A' - Trollers
Game 6: Vancouver Olympics 'A' vs Pegasus FC 'A' -Peg
Game 8: Sapperton Rovers 'A' vs AFC Leopards 'A' - AFC
Game 12: Indo-Akal 'A' vs Firefighters 'A' - Indo

MOTW: Trollers vs. Clan

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 1: Lobbans SC Hellas vs Richmond United 'A' - Richmond
Game 3: Norvan Eagles vs Serbian White Eagles - Serbia
Game 4: Columbus-Clan 'A' vs West Van FC 'A' - Clanbus
Game 6: Vancouver Olympics 'A' vs Pegasus FC 'A' -Olympics
Game 7: Royal United vs Burnaby Canadians 'A' - United

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Royal United 2 - Burnaby Canadians 3 ( OT)

I felt bad for the 3 people that came out to watch our game today. It must have been painful. We had 7 guys 10 minutes before kickoff and that included our coach who luckily is signed and out of those 7 guys maybe 4 had slept. Two guys who were at home resting injuries were able to make it to the game right before kickoff and we started the game with 10 men. Royal went up one in the first 15 but we replied right after. We got one to start the second but Royal replied with a nice volley 15 minutes from time. In Overtime Vinny ( fresh from the after hours) danced around three guys and sniped a beauty that held up to be the winner. Good result considering we were very broken down.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WFC Rangers 4
Shaheen 1

ugly. may day, notcher, mosher with two. brutal dive/pk for the shaheen goal. olympics cheering on the sidelines for lack of nothing better to do after their game vs. peg was cancelled due to semi-frozen pitch.

next door:

Lobbans 3
RUFC 2

plenty of free pints in the idiots change room. aaah, the good old days. :D

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alemania 0-3 Club Ireland 'A'

Not too much to say as the match was pretty much over at half-time as we notched two excellent goals in the first 20-minutes. Alemania did not threaten us much except for maybe 2-3 shots on target over the entire game. We finished them off with a third in the second half, from then it was just a waiting game for Walks to blow the whistle so we could get into our cooler.

Might be the first time I can ever remember seeing Walks leave the pitch immediately after the game without even taking a cold one for the road!!!:eek:

On to this afternoon's winner of Indo vs Firemen...

Burnro

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PLAYBOI said:
Minnesota Wild 1 - Indianapolis Colts 0

Blaze beat the temple at kennsington

Unbelievable! Did Blaze have a keeper for this one? Last week when these 2 teams met in league play, Blaze's keeper was obviously not a keeper. Every shot, or half shot seemed to go in on the guy, no matter how easy or difficult. Raines??

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo/Akal 2-3 Firemen 'A'

Paid a visit to McNair to scout our opposition for the next round and saw a very entertaining Cup match.

Indo had much of the play in the first half and did not take long to open the scoring when a dangerous ball was played across the goal just behind the backline to a wide-open Jaz S. who roofed it into the net. Not long after, some scrambly defending by Firemen resulted in young Bucky being stripped of the ball at the top corner of his own 18-yard box, only for Indo to swing a hopeful shot towards the net that managed to elude big Franksy in goal. Not long before half-time, Firemen equalized off a long throw-in that saw Didar come for, but miss, leaving the ball to bounce through a maze of players and get bundled in over the line...half-time 2-1 Indo.

Granted the Firemen were without Student and McCauley in the early going, but their arrival and a new lifeline provided by their late first half goal saw Firemen begin to dominate the proceedings as Indo became complacent and began to look tired...probably a bit hung-over too from what I heard!:eek:

About midway through the second half, Firemen earned themselves a fantastic equalizer after 'Tish swung in a fantastic cross right onto the head of one of their bald guys (Gavin or Pearsie), who did well to guide the ball into the open net. Not long after the tying goal, Firemen notched the winner when a very suspect through ball to Cookie (at least 3-4 yards offside) sent him in alone on Didar who forced Jarvie to make the square pass, leaving an easy tap in at the far post.

Not long before Walks blew the final whistle, young Barrett scored an excellent fourth goal for Firemen, but a mysterious call by the linesman denied them the game closer. Indo then pressed, but to no avail as only minutes were left and Firemen dropped almost everyone back and defended doggedly.

An exciting match with lots of action for the viewers. Firemen will definitely be a handful for us next weekend, but hopefully we can give contain them and give them a run for their money, after all, the funniest results usually happen during Cup play.;)

Burnro

dudelove

Aug 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clan Bus 1 - Westvan 0

Watched the game today. It was a rough and physical game.

I was confused why Doug Roselund and his son and wife were watching the game from the stands. I thought Doug was the coach but from people on the sidelines, he was fired on Tuesday and his son quit. Very interesting gossip given that ClanBus was having a decent season. Anyone have any word why he was let go????

Also, if he was fired on Tuesday, why would he still come out to watch them play...

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:
only for Indo to swing a hopeful shot towards the net that managed to elude big Franksy in goal.
Burnro

Craiger,

That hopeful shot was a planned chip over Franksy. It was my only option. Seemed like the big man got his feet stuck in the sand as it floated over him........btw good prep for Franksy and his national team debut with the beach team.

Pretty accurate account of the precedings......it was UGLY!! Whatelse do you expect at MUCKNair!! Walks should have called the game due to an unplayable field. Good luck next week for all those still vying for the Imperial Cup.

Onto Ambleside and West Van Football Club.

Gilly

Rosie11

Sep 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting beat Cliff Ave 5-1, not a great game for either side and their could have been more goals for both teams.

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with Rosie11 as I watched the game myself with some of the Cliff boys. Sporting have a great team but Cliff kept up with them for a while and put on a lot of pressure. 2 Nice goals for sporting (man can they attack in numbers well) to open up a 2-0 lead.
Then, the turning point of the game. A crossed was played in to Sportings box which Brum bobbled, A Cliff player hits it on goal where a sporting defender almost lets it go in ( I think it was over the line) but clears it to Dave wide open from about 8-10 yards out who hammers a volley ( I dont think he could have hit it any better). Brum made a fantastic reaction save then the ball was clearly handled by a sporting player ( should have been a peno).
Sporting then from a counter attack put the nail in the coffin and made it 3-0. Cliff scored 1 to make it 3-1 but Sportings youth and fitness was no match for Cliff and ran all over them after that.
A great effort for Cliff, Tony Mobilio still can play out there. He looks great on the ball a lil slower but that comes with age;)

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnro said:
Indo/Akal 2-3 Firemen 'A'

About midway through the second half, Firemen earned themselves a fantastic equalizer after 'Tish swung in a fantastic cross right onto the head of one of their bald guys (Gavin or Pearsie), who did well to guide the ball into the open net.

Burnro

It was Gavin, and by the way I'm not bald, I just choose to shave my head:bronco:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 2 - AFC 0

A good victory but very, very costly. Brian Donald broke his leg in the 30th min on an awkward tackle. Ted Ullrich, who was just regaining form after a 5 month hiatus due to a knee injury, pulls his groin. Mike Araszewski pulls his other calf muscle. What's next!?

AFC show up with 7 guys 10 minutes before the game. By game time they have 13 but with no warm-up Sap is all over them for the first 15-20. Sap should have been up by a few but couldn't string that last pass together.

AFC finally woke up and played. They have a great midfielder in the centre of the park - quick, jinky, and smart. He alone could have won the game for AFC if not for the Favs and Pannu gang tackling him everytime he had the ball.

Ted Ullrich scored on a great individual effort in the 60th min - beat the defender and slammed it home from 10 out. Ryan McNabb scored the insurance 10 minutes later when he subbed in for Ted.

A few questionable non-calls went against both teams as it looked like both deserved some blatant penos late in the game.

A deserving win for Sap and season over for Bobbi and the boys.

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 14: Metro-Ford Wolves 'A' vs Lobbans
Game 15: Croatia SC 'A' vs Norvan Eagles
Game 16: Columbus-Clan 'A' vs City FC Blaze
Game 6: Vancouver Olympics 'A' vs Pegasus FC 'A'
Game 18: Surrey United 'A' vs Sapperton Rovers 'A'

Game 19: Sporting Club 'A' vs WFC Rangers 'A'

Game 20: ICSF Inter 'A' vs Wickham FC 'A'

Game 21: Firefighters 'A' vs Club Ireland 'A'

The 2 games that can be an upset this weekend will Blaze FC and WFC Rangers but I doubt it

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0