Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier How old is too old???

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
posted by: scoobyless Dude
You guys...think age is catching up to most of you boys, yourself and Keagen excluded.
Completely out of left field, as you know SFA about PAU... I rarely take anything on this website seriously and this comment has made me laugh harder than most...:D

At what age would you consider being caught up to??? What is the magic number that Dude desides is over the hill or on your way down it??? Does lifestyle, children or career sway your mind fcuk process???

Here's the thing, we've been getting younger EVERY year while keeping the core intact... Disagree??? Explain yourself donkey, and don't tell me you're too fcuking busy!!!:rolleyes:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm too old... thats why i retired to the VMSL.:D

The level of play sucks, but at least they have the schedule organized. :rolleyes:

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keepers don't retire because they get too old, they become too old when their life is too busy and the missus won't let them come out and play anymore!!!
(ie)start missing training regularily and miss matches due to family holidays, kids birthdays, weddings and re-unions!!!:rolleyes:

Dude isn't technically too old and isn't technically good enough... His lack of ability cannot be made up for by training hard twice a week and battling for his spot... Technically, his age has nothing to do with any of this... He's just too fcuking busy you know!!!:D

My point being, age is only a number... There are many players good enough to compete in the premier division, but their lifestyles have become much different... Going out for pints after matches becomes secondary to the wife and kids, as does making training twice a week... Being too old happens to players who love to play top flight football yet, do not make team commitment a priority... This is not a go at any fathers or husbands (I'll be there soon enough), but the reality is things change when lifestyles change... Age just comes along for the ride... Sometimes the hair does not!!!

The good news for PAU is we don't have many fathers yet... No diapers, mothers night off or family presure... Hence, we're young enough at heart... ;)

(my missus is gooing to fecking murder me)!!!:(

PS. Dude is a cnut.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only reason you dropped in average age a couple years back is because Aves moved on to the Shady Hill Retirement Farm. Losing a 50 year old will do that. (Easy, big fella, EASY) ;)

"Age is meaningless"...classic!:D A younger 19 year old Dude used to use that line at the old Mardi Gras in New West, back in the day of the dress code. The "older" birds used to like that one...or maybe it was my long curly locks, or suave purple silk shirt.

Somewhere there is a homeless guy dressed up looking like he's ready for a night at the Roxbury.

Yes yes. Whenever I taste MGD, it brings me back...

~Harp music.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
posted by:Dude
The only reason you dropped in average age a couple years back is because Aves moved on
Actually, we've dropped for three years straight... Not that it matters "age is meaningless"...;)
My point was commitment, distractions and ability...
married - 3 guys
fathers - 2 guys
Under 30 - 12 guys
Plumbers or Busy like Dude - 1 guy (studs up)
The Billy Jackson rule - 1 guy 27 years younger!!!

I guess losing Aves doesn't mean much when BJ's still alive and kicking!!!:D

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a veteran player of the fvsl,age is a tough one.When you love the game,you keep battling as long as your body can take it.The competitive side of me is still very much there( but the legs aren't)The losses still hurt, but somehow the pints relieve a bit of the pain!!!! The social side allows for lots of TTP with the boys at training and matches!!! What a great game!! Even for the older boys. A famous quote for former NDU alumni 'If you kick harder,run faster and score more goals,we might win!!!! Thanks, TB

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
married - 3 guys
fathers - 2 guys

Only 2 guys have fathers???.....suppose that's what you get for livin' in Surrey.

FYI....don't ya' think a new-comer like "Badknees7" might want to be original with his TTP name??

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
married - 3 guys
fathers - 2 guys
Under 30 - 12 guys
Plumbers or Busy like Dude - 1 guy (studs up)
The Billy Jackson rule - 1 guy 27 years younger!!!

I guess losing Aves doesn't mean much when BJ's still alive and kicking!!!:D

sounds like a hit list for Guinney and his west end pals...now I know what BJ stands for!

sipping tea in the sunroom,
Aves

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
"Age is meaningless"...classic! :D A younger 19 year old Dude used to use that line at the old Mardi Gras in New West, back in the day
And Seattle...

Attachments

• img_3206-med.jpg
    img_3206-med.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 151

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
This is not a go at any fathers or husbands (I'll be there soon enough)

Great. As if the Fraser Valley's gene pool wasn't fcuked up enough already with KNVB and Dude's demonspawn running around and bringing down the region's collective IQ in one massive plunge. Now we have Frodo breeding halflings out in the shire. What is the world coming to?

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap, stick to playing with yourself while drooling over film of Stevie Gerrard... That way we'll never have to worry about you actually getting laid or tragically concieving!!!:rolleyes:
Dude's Team
TEAM: Doghouse FC...ever since Mrs. Dude saw my avatar
Thanks to KNVB he just got booted from the Doghouse and into his mom's basement!?!?:D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness, seeing as we're talking about you possibly getting married shouldn't we be in the "Girls aren't so bright" thread?

As for this thread, I'd prefer to be talking about "How young is too young?". And not about soccer players either. Well, male ones anyway.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quoting for truth. And humour. :D

Dapotayto said:
Guinness, seeing as we're talking about you possibly getting married shouldn't we be in the "Girls aren't so bright" thread?

As for this thread, I'd prefer to be talking about "How young is too young?". And not about soccer players either. Well, male ones anyway.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, I can't do a damn thing about the autograph hounds. Besides, if memory serves me right, she was a bit of a plumper, and I also think I went home with some guy named Mike that night.

So, move along...nothing to see here.

~Plumpersneedlovetoo.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
demonspawn running around...

Tater:

I resent you using the term everybody on soccer fields in the Lower Mainland uses to describe my progeny in vain, especially by lumping them in with such Valley riff-raff. Besides, mine have much nicer hair...:D

How old is too old? I am right now. Especially my right ankle...:(

Raising the collective IQ of East Van one hubcap at a time,

Trece

ps - does BJ still make wider turns than the Queen Mary? It's been a lot of years since he was regularly taking baths under the tap before Saturday plink sessions...

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If there ever were Demonspawn, Trece, those little blonde haired kids would qualify.

BJ may want to contribute to the "How young is too young" thread, as well -- stay away from my daughter!

With JJ's long career, BJ is still feeling just like a youngster I guess.

Old Bill is still setting the mark year after year -- we may never live to see the how old is too old limit!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J: :D

Actually, Auld Beow has some competition from the gents who run Caribbean Allstars. Jimmy Lowe is the only man I know who got away with wearing #69 on the pitch and being able to tell people it was his age.:rolleyes: Joe Alexis can say the same thing as well now.

Then again, you ain't no spring chicken either....

Trece

ps - yore dotter shore is purty...:D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts